Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:34

Sign in to follow this  
xtomahawkfox

New to DayZRP and looking for tips!

Hey guys!

Just got registered and haven't applied to whitelist yet as I am still building my computer to play DayZ. Recently I came across DayZRP and it sounds like a lot of fun!

With that said I am here to see what it's like and what the community is like. Now I plan on building my computer, playing some DayZ, and then seeing if this is still something I would want to do. I know that DayZ is still in Alpha but it seems to have a lot of potential. And combined with the RP servers, so far it sounds like a good time.

So the reason I am posting here is to hear what you have to say! What are some good DayZRP tricks and tips? And these can be about anything related to DayZRP. Whitelisting, general gameplay, better ways to RP, rules, or anything like that.

I'm also doing this so that I can have a better experience if the whitelist gods are kind enough to let me in and also so I can make others experience more fun. This seems like a lot of fun and a good community from what I have seen so far.

Thanks a bunch guys and any help is welcome!

Hello and welcome :D

If you're looking for tips I suggest looking at this thread and this thread. If you have any questions in particular, feel free to ask ;)

Good luck with your application!

drewhinny    0

Number one tip for your whitelist is... Read and re-read the rules. It seems like most people get rejected because they are not explaining rules right. Other then that good luck!

Brad    155

Hey guys!

Just got registered and haven't applied to whitelist yet as I am still building my computer to play DayZ. Recently I came across DayZRP and it sounds like a lot of fun!

With that said I am here to see what it's like and what the community is like. Now I plan on building my computer, playing some DayZ, and then seeing if this is still something I would want to do. I know that DayZ is still in Alpha but it seems to have a lot of potential. And combined with the RP servers, so far it sounds like a good time.

So the reason I am posting here is to hear what you have to say! What are some good DayZRP tricks and tips? And these can be about anything related to DayZRP. Whitelisting, general gameplay, better ways to RP, rules, or anything like that.

I'm also doing this so that I can have a better experience if the whitelist gods are kind enough to let me in and also so I can make others experience more fun. This seems like a lot of fun and a good community from what I have seen so far.

Thanks a bunch guys and any help is welcome!

I strongly advise getting to know the game mechanics before getting into RP situations. Not knowing how to put your hands up when a bandit comes at you can kill the immersion, or your character.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

Like drew said! keep re-reading the rules and the lore and stuff like that it will really help! Best of luck in game on as part of the community!

Thanks guys for your replies already. Also I have a question about clans. Are those found in the groups section? I kinda want to look at those just so I can see some of what has happened with the story since this first started. You know to see what clans have formed and how they have impacted the world of DayZRP.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys for your replies already. Also I have a question about clans. Are those found in the groups section? I kinda want to look at those just so I can see some of what has happened with the story since this first started. You know to see what clans have formed and how they have impacted the world of DayZRP.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, all "clans" can be found in the groups and group ideas sections. For most you'll have to fill in an application and meet certain requirements to be able to join one, just look at the ones that interest you and read over their threads to make sure it's the right group for you.

Any other questions?

Joe Bastone    0

Learn the game first and play as much as you can before getting into RP. The game itself still has some work to be done but its still a well done game. Downsides can be hackers which ruin game play for people.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Avoid Green Mountain.

//OOC Prison Island is turning into the new GM ! Seeing more and more reports, of the same f@#$ery there as opposed to GM now. More likely to get the drop weapons you have 5 seconds, garbage there. Perhaps there should be a Bandit RP Masterclass :) Run by the hamburgular of course.

Hollows    410

On the Prison Island we inhabit, it isn't necessarily like this.

We've had maybe 3 firefights in about 4 days, not so bad. Low casualties, tons of RP.