Server time: 2017-10-23, 04:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
roxasheart

First person only.

roxasheart    0

I feel like it would just add more rp in the game. And make it feel more like it's real. The game is great on it's own. But when you're in a gunfight and someone turns their FOV all the way up then looks over a wall to see where you are it takes out what would have happened if it was real life. I have a lot more suggestions but there is not much you can do when you can't really mod this game yet. But maybe bring back DayZ mod rp? At least until standalone has modding support?

Guest bobman235   
Guest bobman235

there are some people that like to rp in third person. if you want to rp in fist person 24/7 that's fine but don't take the choice away from other people.

I get your reasoning behind your first person only idea, but for me personally, I find it so much more fun when I can see what my character is wearing. I just feel like I'm more involved somehow. That's just me, though, and I'm weird like that.

Hessian    11

First person/head bobbing tends to strain my eyes so I only use it when in built up areas (e.g. townships and cities). I still try to avoid using 3rd person as much as possible to ensure adequate immersion.

Also, pretty sure there have been a few threads already about disabling 3rd person. You're best off checking for other threads before posting them, otherwise the forums would just be filled with duplicates. Especially in the questions section. :P

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Plenty of other threads discussing this topic. Please close MOD's :)

Ingal    5

First person/head bobbing tends to strain my eyes so I only use it when in built up areas (e.g. townships and cities). I still try to avoid using 3rd person as much as possible to ensure adequate immersion.

Also, pretty sure there have been a few threads already about disabling 3rd person. You're best off checking for other threads before posting them, otherwise the forums would just be filled with duplicates. Especially in the questions section. :P

You know you can turn headbob off right? Configure > Gameplay and then turn headbob down to minimum. Done! You can thank me later :P

About 1st person, I think that it would be nice to lock it to 1st person. I know when DayZRP got the 2nd server on EU it was locked to 1st person. I don't understand why both servers need to be in 3rd person... I mean, I like looking at my character as well, but for the sake of immersion I rather play in 1st person.

Hessian    11

You know you can turn headbob off right? Configure > Gameplay and then turn headbob down to minimum. Done! You can thank me later :P

I swear I looked everywhere for that option but never found it! :o Zzz.. Silly me.

I still think that there's no real reason to abolish 3rd person view. Most people use 3rd person on public servers, but to then be forced into first-person on a private hive. Wouldn't be very appealing to a lot of people.

Subso    0

Please dont... its a circle-argument-thing.

Over and over and over and over again. I proably red all arguments about that topic already.

Vandy posted the poll, there is the most things in.

The only USEFULL thing in that discussion would be to make a Con and Pro list where ALL arguments are listed.

Robodanjal    0

I'm not a fan on 3rd person which is why I only play on S3. Easy to solve the problem you're having by only playing on that server.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

There was one for like a few weeks lol. Rarely populated. Max of about 20 ppl out of a massive amount of memebers

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Nope it has shown there is more demand for the thrid person then the first, sadly it's been tried and each time it doesn't seem to work, yes the server maybe busy-ish but there is way more demand for thrid

Zoot    0

well..it's very good by hard..i really prefer 3rd person in RP dayz,

if it was a shooter game,of course FPS,

but i can't go with first-person around and try to loot look there and here you know what i am saying.

looting in 3rd-person is easier,better.

50% of dayz is looting so :D

Mikachu    26