Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mortico

Knocking dem out

Question

Mortico    1

I was jsut wondering if knocking someone out "With decent reason" is considered rdm

Ex: i was gonna take a guy hostage, i hit him over the head with my peaches so he went unconscious to make my job easier

-this never happened

10 answers to this question

As far as I'm aware, you're allowed to knock hostages unconscious, though you're still responsible for their safety, and you still have to RP with them.

Here's an example of what I believe would be a legitimate use of knocking someone out:

I rob you. I order you to drop your weapons, and then while I sift through your belongings, I explain that I've been lost in the woods for hours, I'm starving and dehydrated, and I'm desperate. After I'm done collecting food and drink from your supplies, I leave your weapons so you're not defenseless, but (after a glance around to ensure no zombies are nearby) I knock you unconscious so I have time to put distance between us so you can't see which way I ran.

As far as I'm aware, that's valid. You cannot, however, simply initiate, KO someone, take their stuff, and then leave without any interaction or RP.

ObeSpartan    0

I agree that's valid. You are able to do that and do not forget to take care of em.

RP over everything

Cid    333

Lucia's example is a good example to use. Initiating on someone and then knocking them out to make your job easier could be considered bad RP. Using Lucia's example as long as you RP with the victim and knock them out to get distance on them is a good reason to knock them out. Just remember to always put roleplay over everything and to take care of your hostage. Doing this in the middle of the street could leave them open to zombies, so making sure that they are secure is also top priority.

Chris    63

IF they were your hostage first.

Don't just run around knocking people out before any interaction at all.

Mortico    1

SOOO, if i knock someone out because they are shady as fuuq, then make sure they iz gonna okay, den run away, is that not allowed?

SOOO, if i knock someone out because they are shady as fuuq, then make sure they iz gonna okay, den run away, is that not allowed?

You need to initiate before attempting any hostile action, including knocking them out. Proper grammar and spelling is also allowed.

Subso    0

I agree with what as been said by everyone above + the following:

You need to make clear what consequences they have to fear if they dont comply to you. If you knock them out because they keep insulting you (or whatever) you have to make sure that they stay safe and survive.

Also make sure that they can complay because if you fail to knock them out and kill them by accident that could fall back on you.

Zoot    0

I agree that's valid. You are able to do that and do not forget to take care of em.

RP over everything

was gonna say that.

it's all about RP

IAmJackBandit    77

I think this has been solved, you can lock the tread now, thnx

So to elaborate...you cannot just walk up to someone and start punching them to know them out, it will be considered attemted kos/rdm.

/solving