Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:17
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Pender891

Isn't that a bit unfair?

I mean... It's ok of you want to go around and rob everyone that has 2 legs and is not a zombie, that makes the game more fun, but making a group of like 15-20 people? There's nothing against the rules of course but it's a bit lame isn't it? If you want to do a really big group at least make sure you have a group as big as your around, otherwise it's a bit unfair.

I'm not bitching, just discussing, you are allowed to do that so it's fine if you'll keep doing it.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

What do you mean?

Like, people who rob when they 15-20, or robbing 15-20 people?

well if a man got enough guns behind him he knows that he can

rob some lads without getting into danger.

exactly my toughts. im making sure i dont have more than 2-3 allies when im robbing someone otherwise i dont feel comfortable.

People who go around in large groups and rob everyone they comes across will end up alienating everyone else and missing on the opportunity to roleplay with other players who will avoid them. Circle jerk roleplay gets boring really quick, believe me.

exactly my toughts. im making sure i dont have more than 2-3 allies when im robbing someone otherwise i dont feel comfortable.

I never felt comfortable robbing, for MYSELF i cant understand how ppl can do that :c

I'm talking about a group of 10-15 people. I see loads of groups but with only like 5 people in, i'm in a group of 4-5 people myself.

I never felt comfortable robbing, for MYSELF i cant understand how ppl can do that :c

of course im not comfortable too. i feel sad while doing it but sometimes i have to do it otherwise it will be bad for me:(

of course im not comfortable too. i feel sad while doing it but sometimes i have to do it otherwise it will be bad for me:(

True dat, i got robbed and instantly shot last time.

Joffrey    894

I used to think large group role was a tad boring. But now I find it more fun. Rolling with 10-15 people can actually be a great RP experience, so long as everyone knows how not to clutter the comms all the time.

Brad    158

I'm not sure why a group that large would want to rob people. Sounds like there would be no reason to with that amount.

I roll with a consistent 6-8 people when we group up and I find it incredible for roleplay as you can have many interactions in one session. Mind you we are a very friendly group so we don't cause issues with the people we meet...usually.

Subso    0

Thats the reason I travel with a large group.

And yes, its a bit "unfair" to rob people with you outnumber them a lot - cant do anything against it. You could all kill them but they will just regear pretty soon and start robbing sooner.

I used to think large group role was a tad boring. But now I find it more fun. Rolling with 10-15 people can actually be a great RP experience, so long as everyone knows how not to clutter the comms all the time.

If robbing everyone while you are in a group of 15 people is a great RP experience...

Zero    463

Solution 1 : Don't be a bandit or try to start things with one person, because you could end up being hunted by a group of 15-20 people.. Literally..

Solution 2 : Integrate yourself into said larger group or befriend them in order to keep yourself safe. Lots of friends in high places, if ya catch my drift. Most large groups are bounty hunters, former government, ect, so they're less likely to pillage and be highway men.

Grihm    16

It´s actually quite killing the roleplay with all these robberies. It´s one thing that you rob someone for something you are in desperate need of, such as a medical emergency or food/water etc, but people are just robbing others like it´s a daily quest in wow.

I would like to ask someone that does a lot of robberies, why is this?

You cripple the roleplay and turns 8 out of 10 situations into a hostile one. There is gear everywhere so what is the purpose?

A group of 10-15 people robbing solo travelers is very quickly going to get slapped with a BadRP/No reason to rob report.

A group that large can easily stroll through high-risk areas and scavenge supplies. They have enough support to safely go hunting, or to grow large amounts of food with little risk. Robbing solo travelers for a few pieces of food and some water wouldn't be worth the time or risk.

If I may, this is the apocalypse. Although it may not REALLY be the end of days, we're rp'ing as such. Therefore, let me lay down some advice: LIFE IS UNFAIR. ;)

Subso    0

it´s a daily quest in wow.

True -

And if we would be very serious about roleplay (attention: I know all server rules) the Bandits would face very hard consequences - sooner or later. If you rob a lot of people you will get known and people will be very hostile against you.

The KoS-Rule is VERY important and should never be removed but if we think in roleplay... there is no kos rule for our character - my character does not fears an God who bans him from the world for killing somone on sight and I really dont understand why people rob for "fun" if they put themself in a VERY high danger.

I hope that nobody gets me wrong - I repeat: The KoS rule is important, I stick to all rules in the server. I do not understand why people rob for "fun" (like ic: we rob people fo fun. Not the ooc "I provide roleplay" - the character has the reason "fun").

Yes there are always evil people who will do this but...that many?

If I may, this is the apocalypse. Although it may not REALLY be the end of days, we're rp'ing as such. Therefore, let me lay down some advice: LIFE IS UNFAIR. ;)

We are not that long in the apocalypse. Some countrys are still fighting and sometimes IC you hear storys about "winning" that.

Grihm    16

It´s a systematical problem, and to record and report is one solution, but since people still do these deeds, they are already ignoring this from the start.

People need to be reached before, not only after.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

You cripple the roleplay and turns 8 out of 10 situations into a hostile one. There is gear everywhere so what is the purpose?

Don't think the people that "rob" everyday are in it for the gear...

Valkerion    0

I can assure you that with gear like this I dont need to rob for gear there is a difference between initiating on people for reason such as forcibly removing them from your areas of control or to threaten and warn them.

Initiating is not all about "robbing" people for stuff

The renegades initiate on a lot of people who step into their areas of control if they dont leave after beign asked most of them leave with everything par their weapon for our own safety if they bad mouth us we tie em up and teach them a little something about respect.

But when it does come to flat out robbing someone it could be a simple case of you REALLY REALLY need food/water or even more simplier why spend time searching for items you may not find when they are in front of you in this guys pockets?

There is also clan/group conflicts as well where you initiate on said groups because you want them gone/dead etc. or for something they have done in the past etc.

Also there are just simply hostile characters you meet them in real life they are just unnecessary assholes and overly hostile probably because of thier past or whatever its the same in game.

And if we would be very serious about roleplay (attention: I know all server rules) the Bandits would face very hard consequences - sooner or later. If you rob a lot of people you will get known and people will be very hostile against you.

Oh trust me that happened in the mod lots of smaller groups banded together to take out bandit threats multiple times in the past.

I can confirm from the mod the 501st,BOS and RR all banded together one day to come after my group there was about 35+ of them at one point trying to rid the land of about 13 of us.

Your actions do eventually come back and bite you on your ass.

the same is sort of happening to the inmates at the moment but not to the same scale yet.

Unknown Entity    126

A group of 10-15 people robbing solo travelers is very quickly going to get slapped with a BadRP/No reason to rob report.

This right here.

If the point is to just roll around and rob people, it will be punished.

Otherwise, I feel the same as Durstry, I used to beleive that large groups would never bring any good. However after playing with the Inmates, I have proven myself wrong. Larger groups can lead to some very wonderful RP.

As long as you keep the OOC down on ts of course. Personally I stay muted as much as possible, except when in a firefight.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Well, not really down for robbing everyone, but: robbing people isn't always for gear, whether it be because a place is under(our out of) control, or something as simple as you wanting to get people out of a certain place or simply just questioning said person.

And the "oh just loot for the gear instead of robbing"

tbh, I'd rather get robbed with decent RP, then see a group of 10-15 people turbo sprinting to every military compound on the map in search for gear.

Of course! Robberies can be carried out for more reasons than just taking someone's gear. SVR used to confiscate military-grade weapons from people as part of their pseudo-law enforcement code, and they would destroy the weapons if it was more than they could carry, because their code stated that civilians weren't allowed to have military-grade weapons, and they were essentially trying to enforce a set of laws across Chernarus.