Server time: 2017-11-19, 04:47

Sign in to follow this  
Sauce

NFC Safe Zones ::WIP:: ::Help Wanted::

I said this in another post, but I think the Family should start a protection racket in Chernarus. How would this go down with the NFC? <3

I said this in another post, but I think the Family should start a protection racket in Chernarus. How would this go down with the NFC? <3

Doesn't sound to me like something the NFC would condone or tolerate. >.>

Doesn't sound to me like something the NFC would condone or tolerate. >.>

What about blackwood militia ?

Good to see this Eddie, and sorry for missing out in TS today. Been one of those days you know. However, i can now add my question and thoughts on something that will very much be in relation to this.

I want to address a problem i feel is far too systematical and abused.

This is the outcome of hostility that is far to high IMO. We don´t have permadeath, so people are very headstrong to rush into combat since it´s just a respawn click away if things go south.

I feel that something that is needed is a way to make peaceful actions and rejections.

Let´s say the NFC has put up a trading tent and a medical facility etc and they are in the process of doing trades and other good RP events with people that came there by their own free will and for that RP reason.

In comes group B.

Group B is there to stir up things and cause trouble by harassing people and acting threatening etc just to mess around as have happened many times before by either that said reason, or by not actually knowing enough about RP and just doing what they have seen others do.

If they are asked to leave the area by the NFC but they are refusing, let´s imagine the NFC places them under arrest and cuffs them and relocate the group to an area where they cannot cause trouble.

Question.

Is it really reasonable that the people that are in custody now because of being harassing the guests to NFC´s camp + being offensive and or aggressive can now still be in a position to demand ”good roleplay” as well?

Is it totally unreasonable that a troublemaker is placed in a house or room under guard and subjected to stay there until either the trade or RP is done by the initial party or until the accused has calmed down and agrees to leave the area?

If a player acts

* Threatening

* Abusive

* Disrespectful

ETC in a groups self organized area, then should that player not then be self responsible for his or her actions? If you are asked and warned and refuse to obey, then placed in an RP arrest and removed, should you still be in the position to ”demand” that you still get roleplayed against, even though you are the problem at hand? Your roleplay is given, but you need to face the consequence of your choices. You cannot expect to be the center of attention after you attempt to ruin the entire point of the compound.

I feel that when given enough chances in a group compound, with specifically explained rules for visiting, at some point you need to face the fact that enough is enough. Why should you be able to act like an ass, pardon my language but then still have the "power" to demand that you are set higher than all the rest and receive special treatment?

The short of it is that in one of the previous compounds, there was lots of bickering and complaining when someone ended up in jail for acting against every single rule or reasonable way of behavior. It is beyond me that someone comes just to mess around, stir thing up and when confronted, that said person complains about being mistreated.

Action and consequences people.

I like your idea. Hope it gains some ground. With persistence being off all trade seems stagnant. If you can control this without having it turn into a troll epicenter like GM I see it being very successful.

Question.

Is it really reasonable that the people that are in custody now because of being harassing the guests to NFC´s camp + being offensive and or aggressive can now still be in a position to demand ”good roleplay” as well?

Is it totally unreasonable that a troublemaker is placed in a house or room under guard and subjected to stay there until either the trade or RP is done by the initial party or until the accused has calmed down and agrees to leave the area?

If a player acts

* Threatening

* Abusive

* Disrespectful

ETC in a groups self organized area, then should that player not then be self responsible for his or her actions? If you are asked and warned and refuse to obey, then placed in an RP arrest and removed, should you still be in the position to ”demand” that you still get roleplayed against, even though you are the problem at hand? Your roleplay is given, but you need to face the consequence of your choices. You cannot expect to be the center of attention after you attempt to ruin the entire point of the compound.

I feel that when given enough chances in a group compound, with specifically explained rules for visiting, at some point you need to face the fact that enough is enough. Why should you be able to act like an ass, pardon my language but then still have the "power" to demand that you are set higher than all the rest and receive special treatment?

The short of it is that in one of the previous compounds, there was lots of bickering and complaining when someone ended up in jail for acting against every single rule or reasonable way of behavior. It is beyond me that someone comes just to mess around, stir thing up and when confronted, that said person complains about being mistreated.

Action and consequences people.

Do not see a issue with this at all.

Unless your talking about locking them in a room and not RPing with them over their action's ? Not by everyone but their guard or whatever

Do not see a issue with this at all.

Unless your talking about locking them in a room and not RPing with them over their action's ? Not by everyone but their guard or whatever

Good to hear.

People should of course receive RP in any and all situations, but things have a limit.

If i remove a person that is complying and gives RP back, it´s one thing. If the person however is just trolling or refusing and making the situation worse out of spite and or perhaps with a violation of NVFL in the process, well then i cannot exactly see how i should be forced to stand around making it as enjoyable as i possibly can for that person.

It´s a give and take situation all over and that should reflect both ways.

Play fair, receive fair.

Play for trollish harassments, you get the basics and nothing else while the report is made.

I catch someone trolling in a certain manner I inform them if they continue I will kill them. I give them this chance a few times and they continue i take this as a valid reason to execute them.

Trolls should outright be sent to the coast , but in the case of trying to remain within the rules the above will work. You will break NO rules. And the troll is sent packing allowing you to return to good RP

I catch someone trolling in a certain manner I inform them if they continue I will kill them. I give them this chance a few times and they continue i take this as a valid reason to execute them.

Trolls should outright be sent to the coast , but in the case of trying to remain within the rules the above will work. You will break NO rules. And the troll is sent packing allowing you to return to good RP

Even trolls will have a first but only encounter and it´s up to them to make the decision. Do you want to troll or shape up and join in with the others. It´s been enough fooling around at the expense of other players energy.

The logs + all that will record should take care of problems and also ensure enough evidence for any and all ?.

Even trolls will have a first but only encounter and it´s up to them to make the decision. Do you want to troll or shape up and join in with the others. It´s been enough fooling around at the expense of other players energy.

The logs + all that will record should take care of problems and also ensure enough evidence for any and all ?.

In the long run yes

There and then ? No

I refuse to have someone ruin my RP for a excess of time. If given enough warnings and by gaining the rights I see no issue in 'removing' the problem at that time.

Some may not agree with it but frankly i couldn't care less. There has never been nor will there ever be a place for trolls.

If they refuse to stop their trolling I'd send them packing to the coast with love

Sounds like a very cool idea, would love to be a part of it :D

Does the NFC need an electro-mechanic IC?

I can fix vehicles, generators, radios.. Pretty much everything that has screws and is technically related to electricity/electronics and mechanics, as long as I have the tools and the means for it of course, I can RP that pretty well, since it's my irl job, my family and girlfriend calls me McGiver pretty often... Your toilet flushing system doesn't work well? I can fix it with a Christmas tree decoration. (I'm not kidding xD)

Sounds like a very cool idea, would love to be a part of it :D

Does the NFC need an electro-mechanic IC?

I can fix vehicles, generators, radios.. Pretty much everything that has screws and is technically related to electricity/electronics and mechanics, as long as I have the tools and the means for it of course, I can RP that pretty well, since it's my irl job, my family and girlfriend calls me McGiver pretty often... Your toilet flushing system doesn't work well? I can fix it with a Christmas tree decoration. (I'm not kidding xD)

I have been looking for repair equipment and radio parts since Day one, so this sounds interesting bud.

In regards to protection rackets etc.

Far be it from me to tell other groups what to do on their own time in their own space.

The idea here though, is to provide EVERYONE with a place they can be at least somewhat safe.

Like I said in the main post, there's 99.9% of the rest of the map, there's no need for other groups to piggy back on what we're doing.

Like it was before in the other communities, no one will be turned away if they are being decent, respectful and follow along with the rules, everyone is welcome.

No problem for groups to turn up and check us out. We had this a bunch of times before, various groups would turn up to check us out and 9 times out of 10 nothing went down and they traded for a bit and left, or stuck around and were given jobs etc.

The problem arises when groups looking for PVP take this as a meal ticket to start problems with people who aren't PVP RPing.

Yeah, there was a bunch of rule breaking before in regards to that, oh god, the blatant Meta-gaming...

The main problem isn't conflict with the groups themselves as this rarely happens or lasts too long but rather that when there's another group assaulting us, random players in the area hear shots and decide they've been initiated on as well, then comes the shit storm.

This is what I want to avoid.

So, if any groups are hell bent on causing as much trouble as possible you better make sure its by the book, if you slip up even once... as I said, this is mainly NON PVP RP here so you will be reported for misconduct if you slip up, there's other places to go for a fight.

And any groups looking to trade, investigate the missions idea or just check us out are more than welcome.

Hope I answered your questions.

Guest UncleBeaver

Hopefully I can get the MVD-C to come check out you guys been wanting to have some good rp for a while now hopefully we can keep in touch.

The radio crackle awakens Alyssa from the first safe sleep she's had in a while.

"..ooking to trade, find new allies and recruit a *** le-bodied and trustworthy souls.

Medical *** lies may be made available to those who require it.

Protection and community for decent folks.

Stay sa *** re and keep figh***ng,

-Eddie out."

She's not in a good position to respond just now, but makes a note to check this channel often, and keep an eye out for Eddie.

Sounds good but remember that the last time someone tried to make something similar to that green mountain was born...

Sounds good but remember that the last time someone tried to make something similar to that green mountain was born...

There were many more before that too, right back to Olsha...

As much as I see the intent of what you're trying to do here, I simply can't see it working for a long period of time. I'm personally of the feeling that this sort of RP safe place won't really work, the main reason why is because it tries to introduce peace and harmony to an environment that is far from that, for the right reasons.

I find the idea of an almost RP training school type area to be a little cringe-worthy and I personally found that my role-play was better honed and developed while facing the barrel of a gun. In those situations, if you truly value your characters life, it will develop your role-play far beyond the small talk, chitchat and reminiscent stories that any 'safe' camp can provide. It's in moments like that where you can develop your character and really get a feel for what kind of character you want to play.

If you want this to be done, do it in-game and in-game only. People need to go there for purely IC reasons and not for the promise of a 'my gear is safe, no-one can touch me zone'. Believe me, that will be your biggest audience because people value the pixels in their backpacks to a degree I'll never understand.

You made a big list of the type of people and actions you don't want there, the truth is, none of that needs to be said if you simply do this all in-game and only give the location information to those who are trusted IC. By making this thread, you've probably made yourself a target already IG, it's how it is.

Good luck though with the idea and I hope that it doesn't turn out like every other safe zone before it, in the group archives :P

im really new to roleplay but i try my best =)

i really like the idea and would like to help you guys. maybe ill catch you ingame sometime =)

As much as I see the intent of what you're trying to do here, I simply can't see it working for a long period of time. I'm personally of the feeling that this sort of RP safe place won't really work, the main reason why is because it tries to introduce peace and harmony to an environment that is far from that, for the right reasons.

I find the idea of an almost RP training school type area to be a little cringe-worthy and I personally found that my role-play was better honed and developed while facing the barrel of a gun. In those situations, if you truly value your characters life, it will develop your role-play far beyond the small talk, chitchat and reminiscent stories that any 'safe' camp can provide. It's in moments like that where you can develop your character and really get a feel for what kind of character you want to play.

If you want this to be done, do it in-game and in-game only. People need to go there for purely IC reasons and not for the promise of a 'my gear is safe, no-one can touch me zone'. Believe me, that will be your biggest audience because people value the pixels in their backpacks to a degree I'll never understand.

You made a big list of the type of people and actions you don't want there, the truth is, none of that needs to be said if you simply do this all in-game and only give the location information to those who are trusted IC. By making this thread, you've probably made yourself a target already IG, it's how it is.

Good luck though with the idea and I hope that it doesn't turn out like every other safe zone before it, in the group archives :P

I agree with what you're saying in part, although I have no intention of running a school for RP, the comments about helping each other out should really just be a given. There are more and more people on the servers now that don't seem to have a clue, I wanted to make it clear that it's probably better to say something and try to point them in the right direction rather than most other solutions.

You're right, these things shouldn't need to be said... But yet I felt there was a distinct need...

I guess there are two schools of thought here. I mean I like a bit of PVP every now and then myself but it's not the be all and end all of the game.

Survival is the main aim for me, groups, singularly, whatever.

You're right about honing RP skills 'in the field' but not everyone feels or plays that way. Some play purely civilian characters with agendas of their own backed up with decent research for the RP for example.

I also don't want to promote 'Campfire' RP too much either. The emphasis on the safety wasn't really what I had in mind. I picture a post apocalyptic meeting place, uneasy truces, traders, that sort of thing.

Again, I just wanted to make it clear the sort of thing that was going on, then players armed with this info can make their own decision if it's for them or not.

Having something to actually DO in game is rare if you're not into trailing round the map trying to rob one another. I myself want the opportunity for more scope.

The reason I made the post is that there are many players looking for something to do and play their roles. We have done this before, purely IG, and I have to tell you no, that's not how it goes... People hear about it and come round soon enough.

So, like I said, the info is here, if it sounds like you want to be there do it, if not don't. At least this way people looking for this type of RP will know where to find it and anyone else can know to avoid it if that's not their bag.

To reiterate: We're not providing a place for people looking to hide out and save their gear, we want people to come and role play with us, add a little more to the game and give each other a laugh.

Anyway, cheers for the constructive criticism, I do appreciate it. I know what you mean but there's gotta be SOMETHING to do right?

I really like the Idea! Would be awesome to have a "safe" place to RP.

Right now i feel that the only RP i get around is getting robbed, no matter where I am - And I`m getting pretty tired of the "drop your gear" and "lay on the ground" stuff. I find it it more enjoyable to run around "bad" geared rather with my Full ghillie suit on, people tend to be more friendly and not that eager to rob me.

When we had the last settlement, at our peak then we had a headcount of 28 people at one time. All where having great RP, people where trading and it was a very nice thing to see. With the logs now on our side, we have a chance to build further on that for those seeking such RP. Those that does not can simply choose not to attend.

I'd like to take this time to point out that NFC Safe Zones are only advertised in-game, and are not permanent. Once pressure builds too much in one location for the NFC, they will up-root and move somewhere else.