Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:29
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Sauce

NFC Safe Zones ::WIP:: ::Help Wanted::

Sauce    52

NFCSAFEZONES.png

(Work in progress)

**While travelling near the southern coast your radio suddenly splutters into life**

300x251.png

[MP3]http://www.homebrewts.com/SafeZones.mp3[/MP3]

This is Captain Reid speaking for NFC Ranger Company Delta.

Scout team Charlie has begun setting up a base of operations on the south coast. We aim here to provide aid and relief to survivors travelling in the coastal areas.

If you can hear this message keep your radio tuned to 87.8FM, I repeat, 87.8FM.

Should you make contact, a rendezvous spot will be decided.

We're looking to trade, find new allies and recruit a few able-bodied and trustworthy souls.

Medical assistance and basic supplies may be made available to those who require it.

Protection and community for decent folks.

Stay safe out there and keep fighting,

-Eddie out.

The OOC stuff:

Exactly what it says on the tin:

Our aim is solidly towards creating peaceful areas around the map. Places where RP can really shine, after all there's 99.9% of the rest of the map where you can kill or rob each other on a whim.

We want to keep most things IC so we will change areas of occupation and mix things up every now and then using IG radios to tip people off to new locations.

For those of you who remember, some top quality RP came out of the previous attempts before the chaos and we'd like to have another go.

(This time giving people a bit more info on what to expect. Trying to do everything IG was pretty optimistic...)

We'd like to provide things for people to do, expeditions, supply runs, group liaisons, radio operations and maybe even bounties, competitions and fight clubs (Rules allowing).

There's not a whole lot to do IG after you've got the gear you want and group of decent mates, PVP RP aside.

I for one would like to break up the cycle of run-loot-run-die-repeat.

So, a little place where survivors can come to trade, groups can take up missions and people can showcase their RP skills.

Sound good to you? Then hopefully we can pull it off.

Obviously this will work a bit better when persistence returns but we're interested in laying the groundwork beforehand.

If you'd like to help out or have any ideas to add I'd like to hear from you.

(If you're looking to help out PM me or poke me on TS, it's hard to get much sorted out IG)

The NFC Modus Operandi

-FREE MEN: ALL-

The NFC or 'Northern Free Company' is comprised of two elements, the civilian members, under the protection of the Rangers.

Our outfit is multi national, multi skilled and recruits from volunteers of all walks of life.

uu_Jl_Xiq.png

THE CIVILIANS

Gatherers, farmers, traders, medical staff etc. co-operating to better their environment and that of others.

They oversee the day to day running of the camps, supplies and generally keep the place running smoothly.

**We may offer civilian Players positions within camps if they provide good RP**

NFC.png

THE RANGERS

The militarised element, providing protection, scouting new areas. The sentries, watchmen and lawmen.

They are a non-aggressive peacekeeping force. Dealing only with direct threats to NFC assets.

All Rangers provide help and assistance to those in need and try to avoid any conflict if at all possible.

**Positions on the Ranger squad may be available but WE will ask YOU**

You don't have to join the group to just come around and check it out.

All we ask is that you give us a chance to talk to everyone and RP our encounters, don't mob us or try to throw a spanner in the works.

This brings us to:

THE THINGS WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY!

(General guidelines for those of you who should know better)

We had a lot of problems with trolling and immature role play in our previous settlement attempts.

While I understand that not all characters are hero types, there is a line...

If you want to come check us out DON'T come round just to ruin our day, we're always recording and you WILL be reported for any misconduct.

(We intend to capture footage showcasing good RP on the servers, possibly a series or survival diary vid)

DON'T mob anyone with questions or requests for gear, give them time to ask for trade.

("Can haz bee Ranger?" every 5 seconds can get to be kind of a drag after a while...)

DON'T punch or shoot things, people or anything else without good RP reasons.

(Yeah... not even for funzies)

CALL shots on zombies when possible to avoid confusion.

(It saves those of a weakened disposition a few Lorazepam tabs and everyone else 10 mins of moaning)

USE radios to get in contact.

(The radios are cool, heh)

TREAT people fairly and don't be aggressive.

(Repeated aggressive behaviour will result in exile from the community)

DON'T steal from or cheat people.

](Thieves will be cast out)

DON'T run full speed around the place like you're some damn Linford Christie throwback.

(Those calf muscles tho)

ROLE play with people, don't ignore genuine RP actions.

(Yeah, do the thing you signed up for kids)

RESPECT text role players and include them in conversation.

(Don't be that guy, text RPers are people too y'know)

ANY initiation MUST be by the book, no 10 secs drop weaps crap.

(If you fight within NFC areas you WILL be exiled out and any dodgy initiation WILL be reported. If bystanders get caught in your fire, you WILL be reported.)

NO stupid RP, trolling or non IC stuff

(You know something? That ridiculous voice you've put on and the stuff you're saying... Pure gold. Said no one ever)

LEAVE your animosity at the door, if your enemy is there, deal with it. DON'T start a fight until you're else-where.

(Like I said before, there's a whole Eastern European country out there to paint red, this is for folks that aren't interested or want a break.)

NO drunk RPers, someone told me this was a 'thing' now... Really? WTF

(I like my beer as much as the next man but role playing pissed and causing trouble? Know your limits kids, maybe leave that last breezer in the fridge, kay?)

HAVE fun, build on your RP skills with other folks.

(Yeah, soak it up, there's LOADS of really great people out there that have it all figured out... Follow their lead)

TRY to help people struggling with back story, accents or whatever.

(You might cringe a little at first but tippy toe off that high horse and help a guy out ;))

DON'T act up if things aren't going your way, it's Role Play not your birthday party. You can't cry if you want to.

(No one likes a whiny little bitch)

TRY to trade, don't just offload items on people. They need to work for it or where's the fun?

(I'm sure the gesture is appreciated but no one wants the place to become a dumping ground for useless crap.)

TRY not to take over situations when you're in a big group, space out, chill and give people a chance to interact one to one.

(This one is pretty important for me, It gets pretty hectic when a big posse comes in and starts strong arming the situation.)

IF you need to go AFK //OOC and tell people then find a quiet spot to sit down.

(Dont let some poor dude spend 5 mins talking into an empty headset :P)

DON'T play music over mic without RP explanations and asking others around you first.

(Radios and stuff are cool but don't agro the good people of the township with your That's What I call Music 1995 hits CD)

STREAMERS don't bring a gaggle of doe eyed, barely hominid, slack jawed sycophants our way!

(It wasn't much fun before and we're not keen on a repeat performance.)

Above all else ROLE PLAY! Get into it, show us what you've got. We want you to leave us wanting more not thinking, WTF was that?

Sauce    52

Cheers Ozerold. I get you but all we're asking for is 0.01% of the map to see if this can work.

Providing there are enough decent folk on board I don't see why we can't give it a go...

Mikachu    26

Is NFC a clan that is accepted or is it still in ideas?

Doesn't matter much, just wondering :)

Sauce    52

Well, I'm not 100% on what's up with all that myself.

The group was archived, I suspect due to conflicts in lore. I wrote a bunch f stuff to flesh out the group background before the lore for SA was outlined.

We have a TS channel and were in SA groups before so... I dunno :S

SatansNightOut    105

This whole idea was the reason behind SLP becoming what it will be again. If it wasn't for Sauce and NFC, I would have NEVER even considered the idea of Strangeland Pub.

Sauce, I would love this to work. And it can---given time, patience and fixed persistence (for me anyway!)

Keep this idea alive, but don't expect immediate collaboration until persistence is more ...well, persistent. But this is a keeper.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread consistently.

Sauce    52

This whole idea was the reason behind SLP becoming what it will be again. If it wasn't for Sauce and NFC, I would have NEVER even considered the idea of Strangeland Pub.

Sauce, I would love this to work. And it can---given time, patience and fixed persistence (for me anyway!)

Keep this idea alive, but don't expect immediate collaboration until persistence is more ...well, persistent. But this is a keeper.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread consistently.

Cheers Crimson, should be a great laugh again when it gets going. Yeah, the persistence is a biggie but I'm hoping to get some feel for how things are going etc. till then. We'll see.

Mikachu    26

Well, I'm not 100% on what's up with all that myself.

The group was archived, I suspect due to conflicts in lore. I wrote a bunch f stuff to flesh out the group background before the lore for SA was outlined.

We have a TS channel and were in SA groups before so... I dunno :S

Could you link me to the thread?

Sauce    52

I love the idea and would love to help out.

Well, PM me any details or suggestions. Maybe everyone who's interested can jump on a TS channel at some point and hash it all out.

Eagle    409

this idea is awsome what does one have to do to join you guys?

Sauce    52

this idea is awsome what does one have to do to join you guys?

PM me with details of your play style and a bit about your character, what you'd be interested in doing if you join us and any ideas/suggestions you might have for the community.

We're looking for trustworthy, level headed players NOT interested in constant PVP or messing about.

I'll try to get back to all PMs within 24hrs. (Probably much sooner)

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Prime shit right here boiz, might be getting a blackwood visit.. ;)

Ominous    5

Prime shit right here boiz, might be getting a blackwood visit.. ;)

exactly what i was thinking haha

DarkStyle    45

Rangers

Freemen

I was in charge of the Freemen, Sauce was in charge of the Rangers.

You know that both of those groups are in the archive right?

Rangers

Freemen

Yes but they were both archived without our knowledge. Neither me or Sauce were warned about them being archived, and no staff posted in either thread about it. Is there anything was have to do about this?

KpopKilla    74

Capt Eddie is a top lad, gave us our first home in Nadezhdino. Good luck man, Saoirse will make sure to pass through your town every once in a while to help out.

Sauce    52

Rangers

Freemen

Yeah, I did talk to someone about it a while ago but life happened... Is there something I should have done? Sorry if I messed up there, from previous talks with you guys I assumed that archived groups could be brought back any time.

More than happy to meet any requirements expected, sorry again if I'm causing yous any trouble :S

Capt Eddie is a top lad, gave us our first home in Nadezhdino. Good luck man, Saoirse will make sure to pass through your town every once in a while to help out.

Ah the fightin' Irish, those rosie cheeked lads with a twinkle in their eyes.

Bobby, Jerry, you're welcome round for a dram any time ;)

xtreamerpt    0

I love this idea and will try to meet up with some of you in the future.

Can i go and search for these groups in TS when i am playing?