Server time: 2017-10-24, 04:21
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermore13

Disappearing gear...

Question

Nevermore13    0

Okay few days ago I made thread about disappearing leather backpack after log in. But in these days I noticed that the problem is not in leather backpack only. Not every time but most of the time after I log in to server I lose my backpack only or I lose gloves, backpack, vest, shoes and even sometimes pants. So this started to bother me very much and dont know what to do. Is this happening to someone else also or is it just me?

I will upload a picture what happend 20 mins ago when I loged in. I loged in without my ttsko pants, haunting backpack, military shoes, leather vest and gloves as u can see...[attachment=1840]

Please help if someone knows something!

33 answers to this question

Mikachu    26

IS it just on the main menu, or have you lost those items IG too?

Don't trust what the main menu shows :) It has nothing to do with your current live character

Nevermore13    0

IS it just on the main menu, or have you lost those items IG too?

Don't trust what the main menu shows :) It has nothing to do with your current live character

Nonono its Ingame . I just took pic in main menu so u can see better. I can go take pic ingame to. I loged off last time 5 hours ago and like half an hour ago loged back in at devils castle and then I saw that it happend again....

EDIT: do I need mybe reinstall my game or what cause it seems that no 1 else has this problem..

Mikachu    26

Hmm, did you also have a leather bag as well? Or had you dropped that?

Nevermore13    0

Hmm, did you also have a leather bag as well? Or had you dropped that?

No it seems that its not problem in leather bag. Last time when it happend to me and it was yesterday I lost my taloon backpack alongside with my gloves shoes and vest but pants did not disappear. Today it happened with my haunting backpack,military shoes,leather vest,gloves and also my ttsko pants this time. This can be very anoying since it happend me when I was with Pepe and friends and then server restart happend and only me lost all these gear so all of them helped me to find some quick gear but was very annoying to us all...

EDIT: This does not happen to me all the time. In 80% of time I login it happens and this did not happen to me before. It started like 1 week ago I think

Mikachu    26

I would suggest killing that character and seeing if it continues on a new one

Nevermore13    0

I died few days ago on prison island when there was that mass kos and messed up situation with inmates and I died yesterday also. So imagine when I was collecting gear for my charachter today and suddenly all dissapeared...just like that...buff...

Mikachu    26

I died few days ago on prison island when there was that mass kos and messed up situation with inmates and I died yesterday also. So imagine when I was collecting gear for my charachter today and suddenly all dissapeared...just like that...buff...

Damn :/

I would suggest reinstalling then yeah. Hopefully that fixes it

Nevermore13    0

Yeah I hope it will help. maybe when it was updating to 0.53 it updated wrongly or somethin. Could that be it?

Or maybe some items I have in my inventory.

I collect many books with my charachter, especially rare ones. Could this be maybe becouse of books?

Mikachu    26

Yeah I hope it will help. maybe when it was updating to 0.53 it updated wrongly or somethin. Could that be it?

I collect many books with my charachter, especially rare ones. Could this be maybe becouse of books?

Possibly but it's hard to tell :/

Nevermore13    0

Possibly but it's hard to tell :/

Okay I will first reinstall. If that doesnt fix it il stop collecting books. Please if you found something new about this send me PM or write here.

I will also write if I something find out.

Above all thanks again for your help mate.

Unknown Entity    126

In case this helps : It happened to me randomnly a couple of times with an old character.

Since I've died it hasn't happened again though.

ObeSpartan    0

I had some problems with the .53 update.

I removed Steam+DayZ.

Now it works good again.

Tell us if its working...

Important EDIT:

Yep, ive just found an older thread on an other forum.

It all about this blue bible, youve talked to me ingame. Do not pick it up. Some1 got the same problem.

Ive send you the link via pm

Nevermore13    0

In case this helps : It happened to me randomnly a couple of times with an old character.

Since I've died it hasn't happened again though.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181301-community-warning-dont-pick-up-a-king-james-bible-volume-18-book-of-job/

When I read it I couldnt really belive! Did you had maybe this book in your backpack then? Becouse every time I had this book this happend to me. Sometimes with some other books. I think it might be it. I will try now to not pick up some certain books and see if that happens again. If it doesnt, this trully is an easter egg!

EDIT: It could possibly be that its not just blue bible book, maybe also other books.

PwnCaiks101    0

Wow, this was happening to me a while ago, would never guessed it was a item causing it. I hope its a bug that picking up the bible makes you lose clothes...

Roach    1660

If this helps at all (for troubleshooters) I've had the same character since 0.50 and this only happened to me once.

Lost my Backpack, Vest, Shoes, Gloves after a restart ( I waited about 5 minutes before going back in ).

I was running with a Defibrillator in my hands when the server crashed.

I vowed to stay away from having a Defib. in my hands from now on lol

EDIT: I also remember having picked up books (for pages to leave notes sometimes) when I was trying to make the OASIS. That was the only time I had grabbed books ever and placed them in my backpack. So I think the BOOK theory may be right.

Fafnir    38

Hmm this happened to to me yesterday after I was robbed. Picked up a book called The Bible - King James Version - than lost my boots, backpack and pants. Can't remember were but was reading on a website saying something about certain books may be bugged or something. Also if I recall, one of my friends had that same book and lost a few items as well.

Nevermore13    0

Wow, this was happening to me a while ago, would never guessed it was a item causing it. I hope its a bug that picking up the bible makes you lose clothes...

It seemed me like its impossible that books are causing it. This blue bible book of Job actualy tels about bad luck and things like that and its very strange that this book is implemented so it might be that it was on purpose with this book to happen like some easter egg cause its the rares book ingame. You remember then when we were in church in Pogorevka I have found the book on bus station and when I came to you after server restart wanting to give you that book and it dissapeared with some of my inventory. And I remember saying it to some people that this book is cursed since it always disappears. HC

If this helps at all (for troubleshooters) I've had the same character since 0.50 and this only happened to me once.

Lost my Backpack, Vest, Shoes, Gloves after a restart ( I waited about 5 minutes before going back in ).

I was running with a Defibrillator in my hands when the server crashed.

I vowed to stay away from having a Defib. in my hands from now on lol

EDIT: I also remember having picked up books (for pages to leave notes sometimes) when I was trying to make the OASIS. That was the only time I had grabbed books ever and placed them in my backpack. So I think the BOOK theory may be right.

Should some1 made maybe some warning thread about this?

Hmm this happened to to me yesterday after I was robbed. Picked up a book called The Bible - King James Version - than lost my boots, backpack and pants. Can't remember were but was reading on a website saying something about certain books may be bugged or something. Also if I recall, one of my friends had that same book and lost a few items as well.

Book of JOB or the blue bible is cursed guys ... I think I could make some IC story with this thing haha

stage53    8

Twice I've had the blue bible and lost the bottom row of my backpack and the book. So it might be the book.

You lost your pants and other items because of a cursed bible? ...

Has it stopped since burning the book in fire's of hell?

PwnCaiks101    0

You lost your pants and other items because of a cursed bible? ...

Has it stopped since burning the book in fire's of hell?

Its the Maker ridding the world of Christianity

ObeSpartan    0

Twice I've had the blue bible and lost the bottom row of my backpack and the book. So it might be the book.

After youve told me and Roko ingame, you were lookin for this blue bible..weve checked almost every place..

Roko was the one, who found it first. but at which cost :D

Sin    127

picking up the bible makes you lose clothes...

Best bug ever.

** redacted Catholic school girl comment **