Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
dmb486

Odds of Dayz being fully released

dmb486    0

So what are everyone thoughts on DayZ eventually making it to a full release? I really hope it gets the full release but me and some friends have been talking and most seem to think it will be a perpetual alpha. Which then made me nervous so I decided I needed to get others thoughts.

Subso    0

Around 2 Years.

So... 2017 the game will "maybe" full-released.

Subso    0

They are really trying to push for 2016.

This is an old Article. Relevant.

Well I hope that they work after the release very much on making it bug-free because its very bad news if a "full released" game has missing content and bugs :D

But... hopes up!

Vapor    0

They are really trying to push for 2016.

This is an old Article. Relevant.

Well I hope that they work after the release very much on making it bug-free because its very bad news if a "full released" game has missing content and bugs :D

But... hopes up!

Yeah. I really want this game to go further and further in the gaming industry. This game has so much potential!

ONIC    0

I say the game will be full released in 4 years.

Prince    119

-6/10000000

Buddy    1068

im not in any rush at all, and i certainly hope the people developing it arent either! im rather enjoying playing it out day after day seeing this beautiful baby being born and slowly growing up. always new things to look forward to, exciting content, plans chatter and all out just things always getting better by the day. i dont see why there are so many people out there (not specifying people here!!!) are in such an angry rush to see this game finished so darn soon like they ordered a large fry at mc donalds. cant we all just take a relaxing stroll through chernarus and enjoy the little things while everything unfolds around us?

to answer the question of the OP in my opinion; i am sure it will get there. when that is i have no idea. though i will be here to enjoy each new bit of content they throw our way!

//end peaceful rant :)

As buggy as DayZSA is, it's still amazingly playable for a game that's still in ALPHA release. I've seen games go into open beta that were less playable.

Geeoo418    0

Whenever that day may come, however, I am very keen to see how much it's improved. I'm not going to lie, when I first got SA it was terrible. Now it's really showing some amazing things!

MatthewFC    43

The odds of DayZ making it to a full release are pretty much 100%, it's not realistic to think that they might abandon the game on Alpha and mentioning it like it was a possibility just reeks of fearmongering for BI getting bankrupt or something. The only real questions here are "when?" and "how?", nothing else.

Mamba    0

I believe it will be released the same way Minecraft was. Just gradually improved over time. I don't see Dayz as terrible. I have played it since release and it is so much better. I think they will just add features more and more.

UofLfan777    0

100%, but it'll take time. In the end though, I think it'll be close to a perfect product because of the time taken

Rolle    2985

The odds of DayZ making it to a full release are pretty much 100%, it's not realistic to think that they might abandon the game on Alpha and mentioning it like it was a possibility just reeks of fearmongering for BI getting bankrupt or something. The only real questions here are "when?" and "how?", nothing else.

I think the OP meant full release as in playable finished game, without any major bugs. I wouldn't hope for that any time soon. Even when they "release" the game and say this is the final I expect it to be unstable.

But, when you look at the gaming market now, almost all AAA releases seem to be same quality as early beta versions, so that wouldn't be much different from the industry standard. Just look at Assassin's Creed Unity release on PC.

-snip-

Hell, I'm just anxious for mod tools! I mean holy crap, if they're even 50% better than what we had for the mod, can you imagine?

Now that we just have clothes rather than skins, making new custom items like shirts, jackets, military uniforms, and other clothing will be a snap! New items, new status effects...the sky's the limit, really. Then the game will never be 100% because we can just keep expanding it!

That's what I'm really looking forward to!

Guest neom   
Guest neom

The beta isn't untill q4 and that starts in nov so we have a very very long way to go, it will be released in full one day as it has made to much money.

From a business side they are making the cash to keep it going, the only thing that will stop it is or if they run out of cash to continue the development.

Christmas 2016 is what I say or April 2017 (the end of the financial year)

FanaticMonk    0

i cant wait for the whole game to be finished, the alpha is already amazing (for an alpha...) i wonder what the last thing they will add is..

MatthewFC    43

-snip-

I think the OP meant full release as in playable finished game, without any major bugs. I wouldn't hope for that any time soon. Even when they "release" the game and say this is the final I expect it to be unstable.

But, when you look at the gaming market now, almost all AAA releases seem to be same quality as early beta versions, so that wouldn't be much different from the industry standard. Just look at Assassin's Creed Unity release on PC.

If the OP meant "perpetual alpha" as an Alpha that is perpetual, then my point stands: it will most certainly move on from Alpha, and even Beta, making it to a full release.

But if he meant something more along the lines of "a very playable, non-glitchy game"... I'd say that the minecraft example given above is a good one: it will be "complete" and "fully released" on an arbitrary line, but in a state that is still quirky but in semi-perpetual improvement... Probably :D

Mikachu    26

define fully released :D

1.0 will be a 'finished' version and should hit around Q4 2016

0.XX will be beta and near the end of this year

They will likely keep working on it as long as it brings in money after release and modders will constantly make new stuff too

King Box    0

I believe it will be released the same way Minecraft was. Just gradually improved over time. I don't see Dayz as terrible. I have played it since release and it is so much better. I think they will just add features more and more.

Yes, in fact when building releases for this game it may be safe to say that this is "mans" version of minecraft :P

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Is the game going to be relevant if if is not even ready for full release in a couple years ? Won't the graphics engine be outdated then, and they will have to render everything in a new engine ?

Ami.Knight    9

I kinda get the feeling it might get the minecraft treatment. Released but never "finished." Or i would at least hope so. Would hate to see new content dry up just because its officially out. Or worse, have to pay for dlc -_-

Aww tae beat me to it.