Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:51

Sign in to follow this  
Guest samseed666

Traveling Salesman

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

So one of the ideas I have for a character is a travelling salesman. Just find lots of trinkets and offer them to people for barter. Maybe set up shop in one of the big cities.

What you guys think? Will I survive even an hour or will people just rob me and/or kill me?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

It could go well, but their are a lot of new people who want to get into the "bandit" type character, so you might have to be careful.

Be smart, and you should be fine.

HAGGLE    5

So one of the ideas I have for a character is a travelling salesman. Just find lots of trinkets and offer them to people for barter. Maybe set up shop in one of the big cities.

What you guys think? Will I survive even an hour or will people just rob me and/or kill me?

Just be good at what you do, and watch your back. Otherwise, do it. It's a lot of fun.

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

Ok but so according to the server rules, if I am unarmed and I am just peddling my warez, they can rob me, but they cant kill me as long as I am not a threat or refuse to comply, right?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Ok but so according to the server rules, if I am unarmed and I am just peddling my warez, they can rob me, but they cant kill me as long as I am not a threat or refuse to comply, right?

Yup, as long as you pose not threat, and fully comply, you're fine.

HAGGLE    5

You are correct. You cannot be killed as a hostage if you are compliant. As long as you aren't hostile towards them and initiate in any way, they cannot KoS you. Some of your items will be gone, but your characters life and memory are intact.

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

Okay then I might give it a shot. I have several ideas for characters. One of them might be a cannibal, but I am not sure if that would be allowed by the rules. Would I have to take the person hostage, then tell them I want to eat them BEFORE killing them? Would that satisfy the rules?

HAGGLE    5

Okay then I might give it a shot. I have several ideas for characters. One of them might be a cannibal, but I am not sure if that would be allowed by the rules. Would I have to take the person hostage, then tell them I want to eat them BEFORE killing them? Would that satisfy the rules?

I think at that point you are not RPing as a traveling salesman, and are a bandit/cannibal..

Edit:

And no, you cannot kill them just because you want to eat them. If they are compliant, you cannot kill them.

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

Yes I meant that as an idea for another character, aside from the salesman character. Also, so that means I can only cannibalize people who have died during fire fights?

Im also curious about torture. Can I torture a captive? Can I force feed them foods, as long as it doesn't kill them or poison them?

NishiUrban    79

Yes I meant that as an idea for another character, aside from the salesman character. Also, so that means I can only cannibalize people who have died during fire fights?

Im also curious about torture. Can I torture a captive? Can I force feed them foods, as long as it doesn't kill them or poison them?

I personally wouldn't recommend people who are new to DayzRP start off as a Bandit, let alone as a Cannibal, since those are generally hard roles to play and can easily lead to a rule break if done incorrectly.

Might I suggest trying to role-play something that comes a bit more naturally to you? I've seen people suggest role-playing as a character that highly resembles yourself, that way you can feel more invested in the character, have a stronger value for the character's life, and most likely not have to worry about being mistaken for troll/bad RP. (Things like face accents, misunderstanding of mental illnesses, inappropriate rp, etc.)

And when it comes to things like torture, or force feeding people, you have to be extremely careful in how you role-play that out as it can be viewed as power gaming and could land you in a report, especially if it's in an abusive manner. Only real example of force feeding someone, where it probably wouldn't be considered a rule break, that comes to my mind. Would be if you had a handcuffed hostage, who was getting hungry and or thirsty, and you provide them with food and or drink specifically to maintain their health. (Not to make them sick, or so stuffed that they vomit.)

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

Well this is not my first crack at RP. I just want to make sure I stay on the right side of the law :D

Hi It's good idea, See I'm a Alcohol Salesman(Preferably Potato Vodka). It's an interesting role, maybe if I see you ingame I'll give you some Potato Vodka (Potatoes are what the first Vodka was made from Just to let all those who think otherwise). Good Luck and Stay safe

The Liquor Philanthropist

Guest samseed666   
Guest samseed666

Thanks buddy :)

Subso    0

Hi It's good idea, See I'm a Alcohol Salesman(Preferably Potato Vodka). It's an interesting role, maybe if I see you ingame I'll give you some Potato Vodka (Potatoes are what the first Vodka was made from Just to let all those who think otherwise). Good Luck and Stay safe

The Liquor Philanthropist

You really should meet Yurij - he loves alcohol.

BTT: You should be fine, trading is a lot of fun in RP :) Just try to stay away from bandits and dont scam people ;)