Mortico

A place that you can reconnect with peope you met on the servers

Is this a good idea?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• this is a good idea
    • this is a bad idea

Mortico    1

I have noticed alot of people on the regular fourms saying stuff like "Hey i never got your name, id like you play with you, we met here and you where wearing that" i think it would be awesome to get a part of the fourms for this, i personally would use it all the time, i just dont feel its right to put it on the regular fourms, it just doesn't feel like it fits.

Please put your opinion in the comments :)

Mortico    1

Cant you just use teamspeak?

Well you could, if you knew who you where looking for...

For example, if i found you in game and you where a cool guy that id want to play with, but we got separated before we could exchange names or steam ID's this would be a decent place to help reconnect with you, i could say "I met you on eu-1 at 5PM yesterday you where wearing pants that where blue and a cowboy hat, i think you had a repeater" and so on

Cjbustuup    1

For example, if i found you in game and you where a cool guy that id want to play with, but we got separated before we could exchange names or steam ID's this would be a decent place to help reconnect with you, i could say "I met you on eu-1 at 5PM yesterday you where wearing pants that where blue and a cowboy hat, i think you had a repeater" and so on

Ah i see what you mean. I suppose this could be a thing. Usually if this happens i will just use process of elimination from what I know and look through teamspeak to find them. I suppose if you know nothing about them and they dont use teamspeak, then it might be a good idea.

Mortico    1

Ah i see what you mean. I suppose this could be a thing. Usually if this happens i will just use process of elimination from what I know and look through teamspeak to find them. I suppose if you know nothing about them and they dont use teamspeak, then it might be a good idea.

Thats the whole point!

Thanks for your opinion btw

Subso    0

I think this is a good Idea - sometimes you just see people and think "I want to meet that one again!" but dont feel good to write in the "whose roleplay did you enjoy today"-thread.

Another question: Why is the result of the poll not open till its closed? D: I want to see the result now! :D

Mortico    1

I think this is a good Idea - sometimes you just see people and think "I want to meet that one again!" but dont feel good to write in the "whose roleplay did you enjoy today"-thread.

Another question: Why is the result of the poll not open till its closed? D: I want to see the result now! :D

I'll will have to fix the poll, sorry, right now its pretty much all good

Thanks for pointing that out bruh

EDIT" poll is 100% good, 12 votes

If everyone just inserted their SA IGN on the forums simply googling their name would be possible.

I don't like this. I'm strictly using only game and knowledge from my in game experiences and memories. How my character can know that he must go to place X to meet person Y?

Well you can always ask person in game about his name and then try to call him on the radio when you are in game again.

Mikachu    26

I love this idea personally but unsure how to implement it.

Maybe a stickied thread named Missed connection for people to post in?

Subso    0

Well you can always ask person in game about his name and then try to call him on the radio when you are in game again.

Welllllll... radios have a very limited range, we have 4 Servers where people can play and theres no way to meet someone if he switched the server, diffrent online times etc etc.

Finding someone only with the name is very very hard

Welllllll... radios have a very limited range, we have 4 Servers where people can play and theres no way to meet someone if he switched the server, diffrent online times etc etc.

Finding someone only with the name is very very hard

I know man, i know. I also met a lot of great characters in game which i would love to meet again but i feel that's a little bit meta gaming when you try to use OCC sources (forum) to meet IC. That's my only point. Maybe i'm too conservative or something but i would still prefer to use IG radio or something like that. But still the best thing is when you accidently met someone who you didn't saw for a few days and you had a great role play with him in the past.

Or maybe i'm too new here. I used TS only one time when ppl who was holding me as a prisoner gave me radio before we start driving trucks.

Where i can find rules which strictly says when and how i can use TS?

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Something already exists :) It is called the forums. There is the Whose roleplay did you enjoy thread. There is also the option to PM that person once you get their name :)

Vandy    34

It's a neat idea, but indeed hard to maintain.

One might post: I am at this location.

By the time the other reads it, he might have moved already to a different place.

Also Metagamers.... So how would you see this implented?

Mortico    1

I don't like this. I'm strictly using only game and knowledge from my in game experiences and memories. How my character can know that he must go to place X to meet person Y?

I can see how you don't like this, any it makes sense but whos saying you have to use it, you could just avoid using it if you prefer to do everything ingame

Thanks for your feedback

NovacGaming    0

You should ask there RP name and it wont be hard to find them and private message them, if there RP name is the same as there forum name :/ not many peoples are though

Mortico    1

You should ask there RP name and it wont be hard to find them and private message them, if there RP name is the same as there forum name :/ not many peoples are though

Good point.