Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:10

Sign in to follow this  
Shanoby

What would have you done?

Shanoby    36

http://www.twitch.tv/shanobystream/b/622134171?t=1h22m000s

So, situation is, my 2 friends go AFK for 5 mins or so and I decide to go into Gorka alone. So what you see in this video is a guy robbing me, for my backpack and not for food as he claims at first.

He switches bag content from one bag to another while I still have my AK and pistol ready to use. But I decide not to, to have RP with this guy.

Fair enough the robbery itself does not come with high price, I lost: backpack yellow container with 80 rounds AK and pistol ammo, radio, binoculars and that is it.

Later on I locate him in Stary with 2 of my friends and it turned out on the way following them from; Gorka, Novy and Stary he had a friend with an AK too.

Even got his name and final destination (GM) in Novy, from stranger by the church who these robbers had chat with.

Again, we set up for counter robbery to teach them lesson. Idea was to take back only the stuff he took from me and all their ammo. So they wouldn't try something stupid and have nice RP. But positioning was bit off and I called my friends off (they were talking with the suspect to confirm his ID) and eventually we just let them go.

So, what would have you done? Just would be cool to see peoples opinions.

Prince    95

A hostile action against me would be met with deadly force. Probubly would counter rob tourture and then exicute for defiling one of our own (but rp it out for like an hour) it eould be a great experience.

Shanoby    36

A hostile action against me would be met with deadly force. Probubly would counter rob tourture and then exicute for defiling one of our own (but rp it out for like an hour) it eould be a great experience.

Yeah, but in this case, the robber didn't "defile" me, imo. He didn't take anything essential off my character (left me food and all my weapons to defend myself) that would make me think on shooting another person. Taking life IC (which I have never done in character) or shooting someone OOC feels like ruining persons day :P

ONIC    0

I think you made the right decision to let them go. Violence is not the answer! Didn't seem like he took much, and he didn't harm you. So i think you did the right thing to call it off.

MisterSlug    0

Guess it depends on the situation and how your character would be expected to react.

For example: Today I was robbed by an unknown bandit for my assault vest. My character was already very upset about losing his wife, and just started to abandon all hope to find her.

My character is still a very reasonable man, but instead of having a nice little RP session with exchanging names and background stories, or even offering to trade for the vest (which in all honesty didn't really care for, kinda wanted to use it as a bartering item) he decided to flat out point a gun at my face, order me to put my hands up, disarm me from my shotgun and my pack, and have the nerve to say "sorry, but I need that vest...times are tough."

Now, OOC I have absolutely no problem being robbed by bandits. This was actually my first time being robbed since I'm still a little new, and I was aching for a good RP session. But with such a poor excuse to rob me, poor RP initiation and play style, and my in game character starting to give up on humanity, I decided to take swift action and put a bullet straight in his back from about 150-200 feet with my magnum as he was running away.

And I didn't feel bad about it one bit because his bandit character is taking the highest risk by messing with people for no reason. I read so much about "10 second" robberies, so taking revenge could possibly be a nice little wake up call for him to maybe put in the extra effort instead of worrying only about gear.

Like I said, depends on the situation I guess.

MoosePunch    0

My character would definintly retaliate if there was a reasonable chance of survivability in doing so, his preferred solution would probably involve knocking the robber out to teach him a lesson, but under dire circumstances where the opportunity to pummel the thief with his mace were not present, he'd pull the trigger. Surprisingly I've never run into any robbers or similar people with ill intentions.

Bagheera    0

I would have cuffed him. Force fed him till he was vomiting. Then take his shoes and leave him there cuffed. Obviously with enough food/ water to survive the vomiting once he broke the cuffs.

Subso    0

It depends - I would proably have killed him because my character is very very much fed up with beeing robbed.

For roleplay I would try to counter-rob him as you did. Maybe track him down and make him feel the consequeces of beeing a bandit.

I hope its okay when I say this but I think that your reaction was very good and made more roleplay then I would have given him. 10/10

If it'd been Lucia? Hell, she'd just shrug it off and go somewhere else. She's not the violent type.

If she happened to encounter them again, even in a short time frame, she would likely berate them for robbing her when she would willingly give food or other supplies if she had any to spare (as she usually does), but she wouldn't retaliate with violence.

Being resourceful has its perks, but if your character only believes in killing in self-defense, it also means that you can't realistically kill someone for taking a can of beans or a bottle of water, since your character likely has means to replace those lost items.

Subso    0

of water, since your character likely has means to replace those lost items.

It could be very hard for character who dont know how to hunt or garden if they get taken away the supplys they have.

Ingame we have tons and tons of food everywhere but to be a bit more realistic - it can be hard to find canned food.

It puts a risk to your character - he could run out of supplys and die.

It could be very hard for character who dont know how to hunt or garden if they get taken away the supplys they have.

Ingame we have tons and tons of food everywhere but to be a bit more realistic - it can be hard to find canned food.

It puts a risk to your character - he could run out of supplys and die.

That's why I said "resourceful" character. Water's not hard to come by. Chernarus is full of ponds, lakes, and rivers, and it rains constantly.

Food is a little harder, but again, a resourceful character can grow their own food easily enough, or hunt. I don't think I've had to resort to sodas or canned food for several days now thanks to hunting, gardening, and catching rainfall.

Subso    0

-snip-

Not everyone can Hunt IC - or garden.

Its a bit more complicated then it seems. Okay gardening is kind of easy but it takes some time and IC for some characters it can be a very high threat if you take away the supplys of them.

Thats my point.