Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:40

Rare drops

Guest stbooker

Guest stbooker

This idea comes out of the RPG side of things, but it'd also make sense in real life.

Why not give zombies a low (very, very low) chance of dropping more interesting items? Right now we get food and drink, and military types can have bandages and similar.

It would make sense that a few of the former citizens of Chernarus would have a pistol, some ammunition, or other tools on them when they turn. Soldiers might hang on to their old M4, backpack, or night vision goggles (again, the chance of that would be very low).

It would give an incentive to kill zombies (if you need one), and the thrill of finding something really rare and cool from some ex-military guy would be awesome.

Thoughts?

Guest stbooker

The question is, where would these Zeds spawn? Most likely in militarized zones or in high population areas.

Cool idea, I can certainly say if I saw a Zed with a backpack I would go after him :P

I was thinking just any old guy. So if you pull on your way through a town, and have to lay out 15 Zs, at least you have a tiny chance of picking up something cool.

Stuff could include cooked meat, boiled water bottles, Winchester/CZ550s, and similar. There could even be a very very low chance for backpacks, or hi-tech equipment, sniper rifles etc (maybe a survivor who didn't make it? Or a thief living near the army base?)

Then there could also be a different loot table for army Zs, but that might just encourage more airfield/barracks farming.

This idea comes out of the RPG side of things, but it'd also make sense in real life.

Why not give zombies a low (very, very low) chance of dropping more interesting items? Right now we get food and drink, and military types can have bandages and similar.

It would make sense that a few of the former citizens of Chernarus would have a pistol, some ammunition, or other tools on them when they turn. Soldiers might hang on to their old M4, backpack, or night vision goggles (again, the chance of that would be very low).

It would give an incentive to kill zombies (if you need one), and the thrill of finding something really rare and cool from some ex-military guy would be awesome.

Thoughts?

pilots at heli crash sites have a chance to drop nvgs

I really love the idea.

The only thing I see going wrong is a team of 3 to 4 people going to NE and just farming zombies, so the likeliness of rare drops would have to be extremely low, lower than actually finding them like normal.

+1 Maybe it would be a chance for the non-military clans or even lone wolves to get their hands on anything better than AK.

Well, then again, most of the CDF still probably use AK74s, even if they've westernized by 2013 (such as in the PCDF mod). But the "UN" forces in OA represent 2012-era CDF, who mostly already have Kobra sights attached on theirs. Just a bit of backstory, I just hate people who are ignorant about the setting.

+1 Maybe it would be a chance for the non-military clans or even lone wolves to get their hands on anything better than AK.

The question is, where would these Zeds spawn? Most likely in militarized zones or in high population areas.

Cool idea, I can certainly say if I saw a Zed with a backpack I would go after him :P

Thoughts?

pilots at heli crash sites have a chance to drop nvgs

+++ on this idea, i don't know if it is just plain bad luck but 8 out of 10 crashed heli sites have absolutely nothing at them and the 2 had a czech backpack and another a GPS. I would rather see some consistent items even if they were at lower standard.

Having a reason to actually stop and loot zombies would also be a nice change. The thing i generally value the most is a backpack because i can go through dozen stores and find nothing as well as tents i am having trouble finding.

Blaze

It is possible to be done (since it is allready being done) but i have feeling that if you give zombie an weapon inventory they would probaply start carying it. Need to test.