Guest RagingRooster

Did they buff dehydration?

Question

Guest RagingRooster   
Guest RagingRooster

I Seem to be getting dehydrated easier

12 answers to this question

Mortico    1

I think they did, im losing hydration in 10-20 mins now... i jog most of the time too :/

Guest RagingRooster   
Guest RagingRooster

hmm, my current gear is, Police Cap, Black Bomber Jacket, Police Pants and Brown Combat Boots. Drybag with about 10-20Kg of Gear, I go from light green hydrated to yellow thirsty in about 5 mins of Sprinting, about 10-20 mins of jogging. its managable, but annoying as hell.

/moved to Questions

Krackerman    17

Getting hot is much quicker as well - though the cool down is rapid too - it's definitely now accounting for exertion, clothing worn and weight carried... biggest problem with .53 though is not being able to stack containers in your backpack

the clothing you wear affect your hydration rate, i've had overheating or hot status before and it makes your dehydration go to thirsty from bright green hydration is about 5-10 mins, hydration is also harder in .53 due to the fact that drinking from pumps cant be spammed anymore, its best you carry up to 3 canteens on minimum refill every chance you get. Running also increase dehydration, try to use backpacks like SPOSN or hunting backpacks, through my research i think you get dehydrated faster if you carry heavier backpacks, i wouldnt suggest Ghille if youre dehydrating too.

I speculated at this as well. While running with lots of gear i get dehydrated alot more frequently.

Carrying a gas-cannister filled with water is actually a good idea for long trips. Me and my friend were running from Novo til Kamenka to search the new prison island. So he took a gas can filled with water, and i had 2 canteens, food, ammo etc. That way dehydration was never an issue.

We had 20 litres of water for the trip.

Works really well with 2 or more guys.

Guest RagingRooster   
Guest RagingRooster

Didn't even know you could fill jerry cans with water, taste like arse wouldn't it?

AmmYraS33    0

You can take some T-shirt to your backpack so you can cool yourself little bit and. Just dont be hot or cold / dont take additional useless stuff you do not need and dehydration should not be problem. Or you find route around some river

Guest RagingRooster   
Guest RagingRooster

I must say T-Shirts are becoming useful. This may lead to a decrease in Gorka-Clad Generi-Troopers. Kewl.

Blizzard    0

i think its their attempt at more realistic running, It makes sense to get tired that quickly.

for the record walking works best, from chreno to berezino on light green hydration.

Ark    202

It's safe to say that a number of things were tweaked in .53 hydration probably being one of them. Since the game is still in alpha and has a long way to go before reaching beta I would expect tweaks like this often. With that being said I'll go ahead and mark this as solved.

/Solved