Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:52

Something for the Bandits..

Okay, so as I had stated in a previous post.. Bandit's deserve to have they're own hideout much like the Trade Post. Of course, if Admins and GM's alike are worried about problems arising, create a set of "rules" for each base.

Every place like this is going to have a specific set of rules, no matter what. For example, Survivors could not come within a certain range of the Bandit's hideout, or be shot on site. (You could use an in-game object as a landmark.) Same goes for the Bandits, if they come in a certain range, they're shot on site.

Of course, with the KoS rule, there would have to be amends to it.

Honestly, if your in a post apocalyptic world, each faction is going to have they're own 'safe haven' in a sense. This would eliminate the current problems at the current TP, as well as add to the RP aspect of the mod.

It's just something I would like to see implemented into the mod, it doesn't have to happen immediately, but it would be nice to have for the RP aspect.

Hell, even though their the hardest criminals out there; Everyone deserves a safe haven. You need to socialize with your faction otherwise you're going to go insane.

• MVP

So when do you have the right for a safe haven? Can I get a safe haven for myself? Or do I need a partner? Two partners?

If you give a clan a safe haven, everyone wants one. You can make your own haven if you want, and keep it safe by yourself, but this shouldn't be controlled by the game, server nor moderators.

+1 but needs refined.

I agree that it needs to be refined, so anyone who has any ideas; please post them here!

So when do you have the right for a safe haven? Can I get a safe haven for myself? Or do I need a partner? Two partners?

If you give a clan a safe haven, everyone wants one. You can make your own haven if you want, and keep it safe by yourself, but this shouldn't be controlled by the game, server nor moderators.

I never mentioned anything about clans. I said factions, as in Bandits having they're own safe haven and Survivors have theirs as well.

I want to make it clear that I do not mean having a safe haven for each individual clan. What I would like to see is having a safe haven for the Bandit's as well as one for the Survivors.

Take the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.; Each Faction has they're own base, neutral players can visit each individual factions base. Once a member has been aligned with a faction (We can say Survivors or Bandits), they are no longer allowed to be in the enemy factions base/safe haven.

This can also be a problem now, even with clan skins, you still cannot be sure of who is who, which is why if a player has not yet aligned themselves with a clan of either faction (Survivors or Bandits) then the original Bandit/Hero skin must be reimplemented back into the mod.

It's a simple solution, and I know it needs to be refined.

• MVP

Sorry, I should've read better. Sounds like a good plan, but still: who are bandits and who aren't? I think you can't draw a line between bandits and survivors like that, and forcing it will only worsen relations between bandits and survivors. Of course, relations were never good between those two groups, but I expect a lot of fights about who is a bandit and who's not. You could call yourself neutral just so that you can visit both bases, but the survivors might not agree with that.

• MVP
who are bandits and who aren't? I think you can't draw a line between bandits and survivors like that, and forcing it will only worsen relations between bandits and survivors. Of course, relations were never good between those two groups, but I expect a lot of fights about who is a bandit and who's not. You could call yourself neutral just so that you can visit both bases, but the survivors might not agree with that.

Exactly. A concept like this works perfectly if there are defined factions, but there aren't. A dual TP setup is certainly still possible, but I feel like it would be too complicated to be worth it.

I know there will be issues no matter what, but as long as it is refined enough; the outcome could only be good.

It's merely a suggestion, just something to think of for the future. I do appreciate anyone who wants to suggest new ideas, I was hoping to solve the issue of who is defined as a bandit or survivor by introducing the Bandit/Hero skins again. Before the skins are earned, the player is neutral to both factions.

• MVP

I too appreciate people making suggestions, its the best way to move forward as a community and continue to improve DayZRP.

I don't like the idea of classifying bandits and non-bandits as factions though, because they aren't.

I feel like there is a group being left out here.

If bandits get their own safe haven, and survivors get theirs, why can't heroes get one too?

Survivors = Heroes.

Why do you think I've been bringing up the fact to introduce the Bandit/Hero skin again?

• MVP

I feel like there is a group being left out here.

If bandits get their own safe haven, and survivors get theirs, why can't heroes get one too?

I think heroes and survivors are generally classified as the same thing. I've tried to get in the habit of saying bandit or non-bandit, because its an easy way to generalize good guy/bad guy.

Guest BadNinja

What if I want to trade something with one of the bandits?

Neither side would be safe to trade if they have to choose which base they want to go.

+1, tired of getting trolled and harassed when RPing and seeing bandit-centered KOSs in TP and around TP every day. I'm not blaming all bandits, or suggesting that all bandits are causing problems, but griefers tend to be bandits.

Leave the TP once in awhile and you wont see it as often :).

We have entered the TP and been harrased countless times, because people know we can't shoot them there, not going to mention names, but it seems that it's the same people that are there all the time.

Everyone should be able to enter the TP without harrasment from anyone, even bandits have the right to trade goods.

I could see an area MEANT for Bandits. It doesn't have to be necessarily aligned or broken down into factions, From a RP stand point it's pretty off putting.

The Trading Post already has an inherently good aura about it, There's countless Tents where Loot is deposited for anybody who wants it, You can obviously trade and find rides or some people willing to band together for Travel.

I could see an area or Outpost that's meant for more nefarious players, sort of like an Outlaw gathering spot in a sense.

They could Trade Stolen Vehicles/Loot.

Bringing Hostages to this Area could act as a "safe" zone for the Captors to demand ransom and payment where they couldn't just be sniped or such somewhere else on the map.

Players who want to go Steal a Car/Gear or such could meet there and find Groups to set out with.

Leave the TP once in awhile and you wont see it as often :).

This is the kind of stupid shit I'm referring to. I go out on missions every day. If I can only be on for 20 or 30 minutes at a time, I'll hang around TP. If not, I'm in the field. I like to RP, as it's one of the tenants of the server. You have a problem with that?

I never harass you, my character dislikes bandits and so he'll tell you. All of my interactions with bandits at TP were in character. I never stand by SDS trucks and crouch near people's packs and cars just to make them feel uneasy, never surround them and troll them with slang terms like "white cracker ass" and various references to anal rape. If anyone is harassing in TP, it's SDS. And some of them are doing so OOC, under the guise of RPing assholes. That's simply not good enough. Others put in a legitimate effort to RP as Somalians and do a good job. I have no problem with these people. It's when the troll types start picking fights, breaking immersion and harassing people in a real, nonverbal way (threatening, messing around with peoples vehicles, using TP as target practice, etc) because of previous, in-character encounters that it becomes an issue.

These people, whom shall remain nameless, love to wave around their eCocks and weasel just barely around the rules to continue their routine, and it's getting annoying.

Keep overly hostile behavior out of TP.

You know what it was a fkn joke, hense the smiley face. Maybe if you lightened up a little grabbed a sense of humour you might find out why people enjoy this game.

But really it happens all the time, a person enters the TP and people a friggin rude, the shut the gate on purpose, stand infront of vehicles, and just all around obnoxious. If you take offense to my post I apolise. But I'm sure you have had one of the above things happen to you and know how frustrating it is.

And if you don't like bandits why tell us? We don't care, just stay away from us, we stay away from you. Is ther a reason to go out of the way to tell people you don't like bandits?? No one likes bandits

You know what it was a fkn joke, hense the smiley face. Maybe if you lightened up a little grabbed a sense of humour you might find out why people enjoy this game.

Well it's a damn annoying joke, and I'm getting tired of hearing it. I've been trolled by SDS members many times with that stupid little 'leave the tp' joke because of my style of game-play and my schedule-permitted use of TP. It's inappropriate. Most of my time on DayZ is very short sessions. I can't control that, so fuck off and stop using stuff like that as leverage in an IN CHARACTER dispute between Pegasi and SDS.

But really it happens all the time, a person enters the TP and people a friggin rude, the shut the gate on purpose, stand infront of vehicles, and just all around obnoxious. If you take offense to my post I apolise. But I'm sure you have had one of the above things happen to you and know how frustrating it is.

Yes, it happens to me all the time. It's always SDS, and I've never done it to them.

And if you don't like bandits why tell us? We don't care, just stay away from us, we stay away from you. Is ther a reason to go out of the way to tell people you don't like bandits?? No one likes bandits

You're making my point. I said "IN CHARACTER" I do not like bandits. In my ACTUAL PLAYER OPINION, I think they're necessary on the server. Read, damnit, or learn the difference between in character and out of character. I think this is why we have this problem so often in the first place.

Trolled by SDS? Hmm your the one that post in the SDS recruiting forum, so whos trolling??? Do I care if you don't like the joke, nope not really...

You can blame SDS for everything you like we could really care less, we are out to have fun in this game. But before you start making false accusations make sure you have proof :). Otherwise it's called trolling.

Trolled by SDS? Hmm your the one that post in the SDS recruiting forum, so whos trolling??? Do I care if you don't like the joke, nope not really...

You can blame SDS for everything you like we could really care less, we are out to have fun in this game. But before you start making false accusations make sure you have proof :). Otherwise it's called trolling.

I posted IN CHARACTER in your recruitment thread, unless you're talking about the use of minstrel pictures in some profile pictures, which I do dislike. That's not trolling, I wasn't bugging you with it solely to annoy you. It was a genuine issue.

Making stupid jokes and then shooting someone the finger when they explain to you why it's obnoxious, when out of character I have no problem with you or your buddies? That's trolling.

Showing complete disregard for someone else in TP is not going to really get you much understanding when you complain that people are doing the same things to you that you do to others. Hmm, I wonder why?

And I'm not making any false accusations. I can give you plenty of examples of when this has been an issue.

I don't troll, and I never have. Some members of SDS regularly resort to the old "take it outside" crap whenever someone challenges them in character, verbally, without harassing them. I should be able to RP an anti-bandit without having to be harassed and challenged to ax duels and walks outside the blue zone every time I want to RP with SDS in TP, and lambasted with insults, homophobic comments, and general ear-buzzing when I obviously refuse to indulge their idiotic behavior.