Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
EddyKreys

A question about permadeath

Question

EddyKreys    0

So, to make it simple, I got captured and tortured by some guys. At the end, they asked me to have a showdown, a final fight between me and one of them. We agreed OOC, he asked me permission to do so and I agreed since it was the right thing to do, RP wise. Obviously I lost and I died since I suck at DayZ, especially in combat.

Now I was wondering, can I keep playing as my character or do I have to make a new one? I know that this has been asked before and the answers were like "It's only up to you to permakill your character".

But this time is a little bit different, since it's not a random death from zombies/barn stairs. It would be strange if I meet these guys again, even if I pretend I don't remember the event, according to the New Life Rule. Does the fact that I gave them permission to kill me, now force me to create a new character?

6 answers to this question

Hessian    11

Well, it is up to you. I personally decided to permanently kill my character after I was in a similar situation to you (but at least you died with dignity; I was executed).

Krackerman    17

I perma-kill mine on any non-glitch death - adds to the fun and keeps me on my toes...

Zunn    0

I used to perma death every character after a legit non-glitch but i have had this character for about a week now and died twice.

Slaxx    0

This question can only be answered by yourself. I do understand your asking of it tho. What would sound better for you honestly? If you decide to continue with the same character, you can always RP a scenario where you were just so close to death but "somehow" pulled thru. Make it a great story line that grasps ones attention even. Doing this will only advance your characters story even more. Maybe giving them a more enriching past, present, and future.

If you decide to permanently kill them off tho, making another character doesn't mean you have to "change" your voice. Just come up with a different story is all.

I myself have a bunch of characters. Some that have been so close to death, it has altered there perception on reality itself. In the end tho, what's best for you is what's "fun" for you. And honestly, that's what were all here for isn't it? For the fun! So get out there and RP man, have a blast!

IAmJackBandit    77

This question can only be answered by yourself. I do understand your asking of it tho. What would sound better for you honestly? If you decide to continue with the same character, you can always RP a scenario where you were just so close to death but "somehow" pulled thru. Make it a great story line that grasps ones attention even. Doing this will only advance your characters story even more. Maybe giving them a more enriching past, present, and future.

If you decide to permanently kill them off tho, making another character doesn't mean you have to "change" your voice. Just come up with a different story is all.

I myself have a bunch of characters. Some that have been so close to death, it has altered there perception on reality itself. In the end tho, what's best for you is what's "fun" for you. And honestly, that's what were all here for isn't it? For the fun! So get out there and RP man, have a blast!

This here...

It is always you choice whether to kill off you character or not because it is your character. No one else can permadeath your character....with that being said will mark this as solved but if you need more answers don't be afraid to jump into the Helpdesk in TS and consult with staff:)

/solving

EddyKreys    0

Sorry for the bump, I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your opinions about this.

I'll think about it a bit, and then I'll make a decision.