Server time: 2017-08-21, 08:25

Sign in to follow this  
George Breit

DayZRP Custom map and other Private Shard/Hive maps

Watching videos of the game play from arma 2 i cant be the only person who misses the custom creations of bases and sanctums from the DayZRP devs.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/138585-dayz-standalone-map-editor/

If anybody has read this thread on the DayZ forum then you would understand how disappointing it is. What are other peoples opinions on it do you think that players should be able to edit chernarus to their liking? Do you think i ruins the experience of DayZ when things are unrealistically put in?

Bagheera    0

Depends on the map makers. I've seen some far cry maps that the players have made that tops anything the devs put out. I can see an issue, with the different play styles represented here. We may not agree on what we "want" for RP's sake, and what we could do without.

Yadidle    2

It seems to have its ups and downs. Custom bases and created content carefully thought out and implemented by the DayZRP devs would be great.

ONIC    0

Yes i believe the dev should let others customize the maps but only for private servers. It would give something unique to each private server, and could create different play styles for different servers.

Samaritan    254

How it worked in the mod was someone would design and make a settlement in editor and the process would also be made public via a thread with photos, plans, extensive backstory (fitting in with the lore) etc. The community would then be able to post their opinions and suggestions. Eventually the files would be passed onto the DayZRP devs for them to have a look at in editor and they would suggest any amendments if needed.

If the devs ok'd the build it would be passed onto El Presidente (Rolle) for his final say and then it would be either denied (with feedback) or implementation to the mod.

I presume if it eventually becomes available for DayZRP SA the process would be similar.