Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
BLACKTHRONE

fully character customizations

BLACKTHRONE    0

i would really like to make a person thats unique to me bread, blonde, blue eyes basically me i want to be me IRL only in game. also i could be a fat, brown haired, green eyed doctor.

it would be awesome for RP and normal

hope it gets put into the game maybe on full release

Bruce    0

I completely agree. There needs to be something more unique about our individual characters. Could help to elevate RP and maybe even give you more of a reason to fight for your life.

BLACKTHRONE    0

agreed but i wonder how hard it would be for devs to even do that.

some of the most basic mmos (dayZ is technically a mmo) have this its not hard also to protect your identity would be more easy to find people who don't cover their face

Mikachu    26

some of the most basic mmos (dayZ is technically a mmo) have this its not hard also to protect your identity would be more easy to find people who don't cover their face

Actually no, it is very hard. Very time consuming.

They will likely add more heads/faces but that is the best you are gunna get

Ominous    5

Also it would be very hard to have fat/skinny people since all the clothing is modular, the cloths would end up having problems on different sized character models. All the cloths would have to be changed to work in a more flexible way. Face customisation could definitely be done though.

BLACKTHRONE    0

the whole fat thing was just an example most fat people die straight off the bat in zombie related things (not being mean its just truth)

From what I understand, DayZ's models are limited to changing features and basic meshes. While you could include more body types such as fat, skinny, short, or tall, the model meshes for clothing are not scalable, so each body type would need its own set of wearables.

It's not impossible, it would just be incredibly time consuming.

Honestly, it's not that the technology for scalable rigged meshes for clothing doesn't exist, it's just not present in DayZ, and adding it would involve overhauling the rendering engine.

BLACKTHRONE    0

well arent they doing some weird shit to zombies to make more diverse ones by having models and stuff like that

ONIC    0

Haha that would be a riot. Just imagine a 5'2" ump lump running down the street being chased by a horde of zombies

I'm sure eventually they will add in some similar feature though.

Dégolas    0

it would be great, but I think it will be the Arma 2 system with plenty of pre created faces...

ONIC    0

Actually no, it is very hard. Very time consuming.

They will likely add more heads/faces but that is the best you are gunna get

Yeah your probably right. Maybe have preset body shapes rather than fully customizable bodies.

Subso    0

I agree that this is needed and would improve but we are very far away from this.

Haha that would be a riot. Just imagine a 5'2" ump lump running down the street being chased by a horde of zombies

Hey! My character is 5'2". I think you're drastically overestimating how tall Umpa Lumpas are....

ONIC    0

Hey! My character is 5'2". I think you're drastically overestimating how tall Umpa Lumpas are....

Yes yes indeed. By quite a margin really.