Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:05

Zombie Damage

Guest Slip

Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on this matter.

I really don't think zombie should be as powerful as they are in DayZRP, mainly because of their current messed up state.

For example, I had spent a good 20 minutes looting Chernogorsk and decided to head up north. An hour or so later I finally reached Stary Sobor so I thought I'd check out the supermarket for a compass and maybe some matches, I walk in the door being chased by 2 zombies and boom, they both come running into me resulting in me going through the wall and the supermarket counter instantly dying.

When running back for my body I stopped in a barn near Guglovo, I was looting a pile under the platform and yup, you guessed it. Before the goddamn getting gun off back animation finished, knocked out by a zombie hitting me through a wall and subsequently died a few seconds later.

Now don't take this as me blaming the the DayZRP developers for the buggy AI, I'm just wondering why they vamped the zombie damage up besides the obvious "It makes it more immersive / Adds a threat besides other players".

Thanks for reading

//Slip

Guest Alpha

Yeah I have to agree, walkers are incredibly overpowered. Two to three hits and he's already taken half of your blood level. This is especially annoying when you're trying to kill a zombie from up close with an axe, especially when the server's lagging. The zombies tend to hit you even though you've already dropped them with your axe, but for some reason they still damage you whilst they drop to the floor.

We've discussed this numerous times. Yes its annoying, but its brought back the fear of zombies. Your best bet is to avoid contact at all, adapt your playstyle and learn to avoid the main threat of this world.

Guest Alpha

We've discussed this numerous times. Yes its annoying, but its brought back the fear of zombies. Your best bet is to avoid contact at all, adapt your playstyle and learn to avoid the main threat of this world.

True but you know, zombies aren't very easily attracted nowadays so it's still easy to bypass them, and certainly because there isn't a large amount of zombies spawning. It's just that WHEN they get close they are a pain in the ass, but the real old-skool zombie apocalypse neck-to-neck chases don't really seem to happen due to the lack of walkers

• Emerald

Implement these damages when the z's are not ridiculous in their zig zag crap.

hell i'd even gave the zombie damage even a bigger damage boost if they would come at me in a straight line

• Emerald

Zombies are now at least something you fear. Yes they are still bugged, but now you don't get robberies where aggro is ignored and zombies are ignored as if they are mere annoying background noise.

I agree they are now definately something I fear, its just a shame that I fear them for the wrong reason.

Implement these damages when the z's are not ridiculous in their zig zag crap.

hell i'd even gave the zombie damage even a bigger damage boost if they would come at me in a straight line

With the addition of them abiding the laws of physics and not running through walls, I'd be inclined to agree.

Hm, yes, the zombies hit you hard, and sometimes it can be fatal within a flich of an eye.

I'm quite unsure if zombie damage will be lowered, so the best thing to do is to adapt. Find a group, it's much easier to deal with zeds if you're two or more.

If you're a lonewolf, the best thing would be to avoid them completely. This game is extremely harsh to the lonewolf. It's a pain, but you're not alone :)

the pathfinding needs to be configured somehow, though i know the zombies use the armaII soldier A.I it makes no sense that zombies are aware that you have a weapon, and sidestrafe to flank you. like wunsleh said, id be happier with them being even stronger than they are, if they behaved like they should and come running straight at you.

easier said than done though i guess.

• MVP

alpha.

And i remember the first night i ever played dayz, when you actually were afraid of the zeds.

After a while they are just annoying.

I think they are pretty balanced now, they are still annoying, but you wanna avoid them.

= Zombies are scary.

• MVP

alpha.

And i remember the first night i ever played dayz, when you actually were afraid of the zeds.

After a while they are just annoying.

I think they are pretty balanced now, they are still annoying, but you wanna avoid them.

= Zombies are scary.

Plus the fact that people actually look out for them and will try to kill them in firefights.

In the past we used to ignore them.