Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 11:06

Clans at war

• MVP

So, when posting my thoughts in this thread, I came up with something that I'd like to suggest.

I propose the idea of two clans being able to mutually declare themselves at war with each other. Both clans agree to enter this stance, and are then declared "At war".

This puts both clans in a constant stance of hostility, giving both clans theft/KoS rights against eachother without the need for initiation.

Obviously, this couldn't work until clan skins are released, as the only easily identifiable clan would be us, and even then, not every black player is necessarily an S.D.S member. But I think this provides a fun opportunity for clans to pursue deep rivalries with other clans.

A prime example would be MDS and The Injected. The rivalry they have going is quite entertaining to say the least, and I think it would definitely suit their RP they have going is something like this was applied to them.

There would of course be a strong emphasis on making sure of your targets before firing, the difficulty of which depends on how unique the clan skins are.

Thoughts?

Nice idea maybe this could be implemented into the clan CP? Nice idea but like you said it would work best with clan skins, however the problem I forsee is people just going around and shooting black people if they are at war with SDS and it not being them. Nonetheless nice idea.

• MVP

No, innocents always get hurt and then you get a shitload of reports to sort out.

Hence the heavy emphasis on confirming targets, but I can understand your concern.

My main reasoning for this, is that I feel like clan rivalries are somewhat limited as they are at the moment. Its hard to really get into the RP of it when there are such tight restrictions.

These limitations have been somewhat loosened by the allowance of actions that are outside of the rules as long as its good RP. But there is still a grey are around what is considered acceptable RP and what is considered not quite acceptable. Especially if you're having to make these decisions in tense situations.

Nice idea maybe this could be implemented into the clan CP? Nice idea but like you said it would work best with clan skins, however the problem I forsee is people just going around and shooting black people if they are at war with SDS and it not being them. Nonetheless nice idea.

Well yeah, that's why I was talking about the dependence on the clan skins. It'd have to be made very clear to all parties involved that being able to be At War is a privilege, not a right, and you MUST be very careful when identifying and engaging or else there would be severe punishment, and possible the right to be At War removed for repeat offenders.

That said, I think most of the major clans on this server are responsible enough deal with something like this in the correct way.

Guest Alpha

I agree with this, but don't even bother trying before clan skins are out or if there is at least some way you can identify hostile clan members.

• MVP

I agree with this, but don't even bother trying before clan skins are out or if there is at least some way you can identify hostile clan members.

Yeah exactly, I made sure to mention that in the main post. It'd be a nightmare without clan skins.

Yeah it could be fun, but as said it would also only work with the clan skins :)

And another problem for SDS would be that every fucker would be at war with us lol. Therefore i also think there should be a limited amount of clans involved at the same time. Otherwise it would just turn into a public hive KoS fest again if CLF,IN,SRF,MDS,2MSOB and so on all had KoS rights on every bandit clan -.-

ofc the clans would have to agree to start the war in the first place so...

• MVP

KG

We have to accept via Clan CP if we are going to war against anyone.

• MVP

Wars would certainly make this more interesting, but bear in mind that people would make a report or a report discussion if they were shot on sight, after being identified as being at war.

That is not a bad thing but it certainly would make people create reports.

If anything this might make the report discussion forum even more beneficial to use.

good point sumos, you could just use a quick "war victim?" in the shout box and make sure you answer the question quickly if you shoot a clan at war on sight :)

this ofc needs to be without any locations or other stuff that could be considered meta gaming...

When you shoot a guy from another clan without contact, because of the ongoing war you should instantly type: WAR in shoutbox. For multiple clans at war turning it into a kos fest we should have limited amount of wars going on per clan. Maybe a time limit. Like war for two weeks, because I don't think a clan will back out of it making them selves look weak to the other. Pride is a burden sometimes.

Yeah so much earlier before the mod came out I told Jamie my idea. He was supposed to make a mention of it to rolle. Anyways here is how it goes, so on the clam cp page there would be a diplomacy tab or sub section. The owner/leader of the clan would be able to send diplomacy invites to other clan leaders. Kind of like inviting someone inri the clan. This gives the leader of the other clan

the ability to accept or deny. Then we could implement some sort of limit where only 3-5 clans may be at war with you. Maybe also add a allies tab as well. Thoughts and sorry for spelling on phone.