Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:03

Bandits shoot on sight

Guest Marcus Williams

Guest Marcus Williams

I've seen several forums like this before, but none get to the point. From my POV, it would make total sense if someone IC shot at bandits on sight (if targets are confirmed) because they wanted to end the bandits causing havoc.

This is not ment for suspected bandits, but to bandits who openly say that they are in Chernarus IC to cause havoc and destruction. For example, SDS.

Post thoughts, opinions, or replies. Thanks!

I agree, but there are some things that would need to be implemented first. Such as clan skins. IF they are knock bandits and claim themselves as bandit clans, they should be available for KoS. But then again, that'd make the game too easy and survivors would just camp with sniper rifles all day. Also, the GM's would have to all agree on that KoS rule nd that would never happen.

Guest Marcus Williams

Mmm, from my POV bandits should still need to make proper contacted, but the survivors/heroes that identify said bandits would be free to pull the trigger. As I've stated before, it would make the bandit life more risky and dangerous like it should be.

This is probably unnecessary.

I don't think KoS rights on known bandits is appropriate. I believe we should allow the rules a chance to become fine tuned, and not add more potentially confusing aspects to them.

Plus, as much as I disagree with banditry, being able to shoot them without contact is unfair.

• MVP

It wouldn't work. Our hands would be completely tied in regards to engaging in many different scenarios, especially those that begin at range. We'd basically just be praying you missed, so that we have a chance to shoot back.

• MVP

Will never work.

If everyone is allowed to shoot bandits = Goodbye RP.

We couldn´t initiate a RP robbery on anyone, since they would just shoot as fast as they saw our skins.

But on the other hand, what can we do to give the regular folk some defense against bandits? Because now, unless you're a member of a large and well-armed group, you don't stand a chance against them. You see a roadblock, and you're fucked. And getting robbed at least 2 times per day ain't exactly my idea of fun.

BTW: Isn't that a little bitchy and weird that some bandits camp like 400m from TP, and then go TO the TP?

But on the other hand, what can we do to give the regular folk some defense against bandits? Because now, unless you're a member of a large and well-armed group, you don't stand a chance against them. You see a roadblock, and you're fucked. And getting robbed at least 2 times per day ain't exactly my idea of fun.

BTW: Isn't that a little bitchy and weird that some bandits camp like 400m from TP, and then go TO the TP?

Yeah at least camp it one K away.

In my opinion there should always be reason for both sides to shoot eachother, before people start shooting. When you rob someone and you don't comply both sides can shoot. And for the loners don't stand a chance part I would say try to team up its rp after all and with these Mike Tyson zombies you need a partner to survive for a while.

• MVP

Will never work.

If everyone is allowed to shoot bandits = Goodbye RP.

We couldn´t initiate a RP robbery on anyone, since they would just shoot as fast as they saw our skins.

This ^

Plus, I think it would scare new bandits... we NEED bandits on this server or it wouldn't be fun at all!

Like Papa said, they couldn't initiate anymore.. and that would be too hard to distinguish a bandit from a hero. It would do the same thing that happened with the official DayZ. At first, people were helping each other, some of them were bandits. Then started the KOS about bandits and now, it's everyone for him(her)self.

What if you shoot someone who wasn't a bandit? He(she) files a report and you get banned... Nah, it would be 1: too hard 2: not allow bandits to play anymore.

This is a RP server, people need to communicate! :)

Guest Marcus Williams

The obvious complication would be with timezones, but I would love to see large scale, organised events; like scavengers hunts, organised clan fights etc.

Workin on it!

:D