Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:46

Rain

Guest Doug Quade

Server has a lot of weather and night time problems.

S2 is literally night 24/7

Is it ? I thought it was daylight for like the first 2 hours following a restart ?

Guest Vittoria

Server has a lot of weather and night time problems.

S2 is literally night 24/7

Is it ? I thought it was daylight for like the first 2 hours following a restart ?

Might have changed, I haven't played in like a week, but when I did, it would restart like 5 minutes before night time.

Rain is my greatest enemy in Dayz. I try to sit it out and take shelter, but the storms never seem to end

when in doubt i always carry a rain coat with me, i just hate how now you have to empty everything out before you put it back

Rain is my greatest enemy in Dayz. I try to sit it out and take shelter, but the storms never seem to end

when in doubt i always carry a rain coat with me, i just hate how now you have to empty everything out before you put it back

Yea, I really appreciate the new smaller tools that fit in your bag, and how they shrank the size of a whole lot of the clothing items to make more space. That's great for the RP to be able to carry some different clothing items without too much space being used (and I understand that clothesception sucks and I am really glad it is now gone). But taking up less space in your bag sucks when you have to empty out 4 slots to be able to put on a shirt that only takes 2 in your pack. If you don't have a lot of inventory space, and what you have is all taken up with ammo and other items, this becomes bothersome.

Since the new patch I'm just trying really hard not to put anything in my shirt or raincoat. It simplifies things. But I always end up with food and drinks in there when the rain starts. Every time. The struggle is real. ;)

• Sapphire

You don't need to set around anywhere just get a rain coat or Gorka, you can operate in the rain, I would say, better than in a clear bright day in the game if you have the right clothes on. other wise you get all cold and shaky and cant shoot for crap. Although I think shaking and being cold is a nice feature that accompanies the rain its annoying when it starts happening to me.

• Sapphire

The rain is ridiculous on S1 and S2. The little i played on S4 was perfectly sunny though.

• 1 month later...
  • Sapphire

Rain is just a pain, I dont think rain is op becouse it does what it should be doing it just happens to often i have to agree on that one.

• Emerald

I can answer some questions about S2.

There is a week cycle of day/night. This week is night, last week was day, and next week will be day. Rain is randomized, too.

When they get seasons in you gonna bitch when it snows 24/7? I live in England where it can and regularly does rain for days on end. I guess it'd be simalar in chenarus. My advice pack a raincoat they only take up two slots.

• MVP

Honestly my biggest complaint about the rain is how damn loud it is. I always have to go into my configurations and turn my effects down because I can never hear a damn thing.

Guest Roach

Rain is nice when you are looking for a small challenge for survival... but daaaaaaawmn does it ever rain allll the time... I personally can't stand it anymore. So much so that when I take a day or 2 break off dayz, it's because I can't stand the sound of rain anymore and it's seriously making me go nuts...

I'm a big SUN fan!

dayz-0-49-weather-effect-sun1.jpg

Is it just me or it rains either 24-7 or on and off every 2 seconds. The rain will stop and i take off my raincoat and bam it starts again. How does the server decide when it will rain or how often ?

S3 is constant rain!