Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 12:12

OBS black recording since update 0.53 stable.

OBS is just recording a black screen for me since the update of both DayZ to stable and the latest OBS.

Yesterday on TS we spoke about needing to wait for an update of either DayZ or OBS, but if anyone has any tips, please feel free to share.

• MVP

as above ^

You need to enable anti-cheat mode so it isn't blocked by BE

/solved

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently there's an option in OBS called "anti cheat" which should solve the black screen issue.

Funny you should mention that since i just found it myself as well and indeed, it fixed it. *salute bud* How on earth something like that could be the solution is beyond me, but hey...if the car wants to run on bananas, i´m not the one to argue =)

Thank you folks for assisting and hopefully someone else will benefit from this as well.

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently there's an option in OBS called "anti cheat" which should solve the black screen issue.

Funny you should mention that since i just found it myself as well and indeed, it fixed it. *salute bud* How on earth something like that could be the solution is beyond me, but hey...if the car wants to run on bananas, i´m not the one to argue =)

Thank you folks for assisting and hopefully someone else will benefit from this as well.

BE doesn't let anything access the memory of the game for fear of cheats, and thats how OBS grabs the frames. This probably grabs frames in a different way and I would guess is more taxing on your processor. Can't confirm that tho.

• 1 month later...
  • Sapphire

This issue has started again with the latest obs update, even with anti-cheat enabled

• Emerald

Yeah have to roll back to 0.64 to fix it.

• Sapphire

Yeah have to roll back to 0.64 to fix it.

Is there an easy way to roll it back?

• Emerald

Is there an easy way to roll it back?

Yeah, go to their website and download 0.64 again and uninstall 0.65 but keep your user settings like I did.

https://github.com/jp9000/OBS/releases

• Sapphire

It's not an issue with the version as much as you need to disable your recording software, I used ShadowPlay and OBS would only stream black, Once I disabled ShadowPlay I was able to stream perfect. (Or whatever recording software you use)