Server time: 2017-11-18, 21:13

Sign in to follow this  
CQCMAN

companion pets??

how do you guys feel about horses in the game or maybe dogs some feral some cool ?

Dogs would alert others to your position or find things for you or attack so many possibilities!! what do you guys think?

I am positive that Dean Hall talked about companion animals (dogs) making it into the game back when he was still around. I'm not sure if they are still pursuing that or not though, seeing as I haven't heard much about it in quite a while.

933001880a.png

Expect companions by the end of the year according to the roadmap

Er, it's not WoW, and we kinda can't do that due to lack of mods.

Breaking Point has dogs you can tame, that is not WoW.

Weren't the dogs seriously broken though?

That would be awesome if they can pull it off right! Does DayZ Standalone support mods?

Nope. Sorry

Weren't the dogs seriously broken though?

They were real broken long ago now they kill zombies for you ect.

imagine your sneaking up on somebody and come across a dog and it starts barking u gotta kill it right ... or feed it n tame it. it starts sniffing people out or distracting somebody. idk just a thought i saw an image of a guy on a horse as well.

Guest Vittoria

inb4 vdm report about getting run over by a horse

I think that would be an awesome feature, however i don't believe i would every really use it. When it comes to gaming i stick with people rather than AI.

I'd love to ride around on a horse.

Andrew-Lincoln-WM-560.jpg

Silent and capable of all-terrain environments. Only problem would be food consumption.

As for companion dogs, I'd probably be depressed as fuck if someone killed my dog. AI or not, still sad. :(

Would love dogs, BUT I know that a lot of characters would see it only as meat and kill it at first sight, IC I would be devastated, since my character lost his dog just before the outbreak and was pretty all the family he had left.

I'm too fragile when it comes to pets, even in games, lets leave them out of the crazy world that is DayZ, they're way too innocent for it.

I'd love to ride around on a horse.

Andrew-Lincoln-WM-560.jpg

Silent and capable of all-terrain environments. Only problem would be food consumption.

As for companion dogs, I'd probably be depressed as fuck if someone killed my dog. AI or not, still sad. :(

I think just like anything else, you can interact with objects, all they would have to do is have you get off the horse and give it an option to "Graze" and then if you have apples in your hand "Feed Horse Apple". That would cover the basics of it eating. The clipping for it running and you riding would suck to model out.

As for the dog, I would love to have a dog companion, especially if you could have it bark if someone gets too close, or other basic reaction options. Ya though, I would kill anyone that killed my dog.

Oh boy I can't wait for my horse to sink in the grass and glitch inside buildings !

lmao yes funny thought i expect it would be better in a RP situation than a regular game one. wht would a hackers dog be like ????lol

cant imagine how difficult they would be to find or tame. might not be worth it i bet they would be really bugged with stuff like stairs and gates. still though i think it would be worth it if they made a rule against killing them on sight or maybe count them as a group member.

In the dev calendars we are getting pet companions but im guessing its only going to be dogs. Maybe you feed them meat and then they follow you

Hmmm I need to get me a wolf.