Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:24

Higher pitched voice??

I'm 18, but I kinda' have a higher pitched voice then most. Not squeeky, obviously. But I wouldn't say I sound 18 tbh. Does this bother people? I RP a similar age, but not having a deeper voice I feel as if people would think I'm a kid, lol.

• Sapphire

There's quite a few people on this server who don't sound their age, being older or younger than how they sound. As long as you're over 16 years old then you're welcome to play here.

Haha I'm 30 and still sound like I was 19 or something. As long as the RP is good/great, you won't have any issues. Try to change the voice, use something that will make you sound older maybe.

Have you heard me trying my Chernarussian accent? Trust me, people will prefer your higher pitch. Besides, it might be a good thing, the deeper someones voice, the harder it is to hear and pick up sometimes.

Guest Doug Quade

THe voice shouldn't be an issue. Don't let it take away from your confidence as a role player. In fact , if you are 17-18 but sound like you are 13-14, then RP a 13-14 old in game :) That would provide a excellent opportunity for interaction with older members, and perhaps even meet a father figure type character you could pair up with and travel. Sort of like Carl on TWD, or Viggo's boy in The Road.

This is a situation I cant really give advice for I am 17 and if you heard my voice you wouldn't able to tell.... all I can say is if it bothers you too much you can try switching to text rp I know some really good people that are great at it... maybe you can be one too

• Emerald

I don't have a nessisary high voice but I do get people trying to understand what I'm saying because of my Michigander accent. Normally people just ignore the way you sound and look at the way you act.

Well not everyone's voise matches their age... I 17 years old friend that sounds like 15, I am 17 but almost everyone I was talking ti on TS told me I sound about 20 (one even said I sound 25). Tge only way I see that the voise may have an affect on the RP is if you sound 30-35 and your character is only 19 (or the other way around)

• Sapphire

Some people mistake having a high pitched voice, with having a soft tonality. There's nothing wrong with it, you don't have to sound like a grizzled and gravelly war veteran to get your point across, nor to be taken seriously. If somebody gives you crap for it and it bothers you, call them out on it, we're all pretty much grown ups here. :)