Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:09

So what about Green Mountain?

Tyran

I've been here a lot. I would probably say it's the place I visit the most, due to this, I have been present in many different situations, going from lockdowns, completely friendly camps, trading post, and the list goes on... But there has been a lot of confusion to me since many people say it is a public place, or that it is "for everyone" when I've seen many groups lock it down and threaten people if they try to come in. What's the deal there? Can any group just take over it, and others will have to either go or fight for it? Or is it illegal to lock down GM?

It isn't "illegal" for a group to claim a place on the map unless a staff steps in and says otherwise usualy. Any group can "control" GM, if another group wants to take over they have to settle it in-character. But GM is not worth dieing over anyway.

• Sapphire

It isn't "illegal" for a group to claim a place on the map unless a staff steps in and says otherwise usualy. Any group can "control" GM, if another group wants to take over they have to settle it in-character. But GM is not worth dieing over anyway.

Doesn't matter what group holds GM at the time, it will always be considered Makers Tower

\_o_/

To answer your question, it's anybodies, its a piece of the map and anyone can "claim" it if they want, just like they can "claim" any other piece of land. Realistically, nobody claims anything, and nobody gets any special treatment or anything like that.

I find it kind of funny, back then everyone avoided Green Mountain because, you know, the curse. Wooooooo spooky~

I'm sure there's a lot of confusion as to who has "claimed" it really because of timezone differences, enemy groups not coming in contact with each, or purposely avoiding each other but leave notes around saying "is mine bby".

I'd avoid Green Mountain, honestly, last time I went there I had some dude literally smelling my neck, very, very violently. I swear he almost snorted my beard.

Due to it being a general "hotspot" of activity, people, especially new people go there to experience RP.

In my time here I have seen it be a safe haven, bandit den and a trading post. Obviously due to the popularity of this location people will attempt to make a presence there, either for the good or bad.

Reading reports you would assume mostly bad. I can tell you this isn't always the case. It is however a place in DayzRP where you are sure to find people.

As for owning an area, at least permanently. It would be almost impossible. Even with superior firepower people would not be on 24 hours a day. So while not a rule-break to run a certain area, it would be very difficult to control Green Mountain. Sure you can hold it for a few hours, eventually you and your group mates will want to get off and sleep/eat. I think that is what makes GM so interesting, you never know what you will find there.

• MVP

There are no official staff/player set settlements like we had with the mod, so the place could honestly be owned by anybody at anytime. If some group comes in with a bunch of guys they could claim the place for themselves and lock it down for a bit. When they leave, a bunch of traders could show up and start up a small trading post as you stated.

In the end, Green Mountain can become a bunch of things and nothing is official. What happens at Green Mountain is dictated by the player base that is there at the time. Green Mountain always changes. This could apply to any other hotspot that potentially pops up over time.

Do you feel like your question has been answered?

Green Mountain = KoS & BadRP central of DayZRP. Avoid this place at all costs!

Zybor Military base trumps KoS, but GM takes the cake for both some of the best, and worst RP.

• Emerald

To answer your question, it's anybodies, its a piece of the map and anyone can "claim" it if they want, just like they can "claim" any other piece of land. Realistically, nobody claims anything, and nobody gets any special treatment or anything like that.

I find it kind of funny, back then everyone avoided Green Mountain because, you know, the curse. Wooooooo spooky~

I'm sure there's a lot of confusion as to who has "claimed" it really because of timezone differences, enemy groups not coming in contact with each, or purposely avoiding each other but leave notes around saying "is mine bby".

I'd avoid Green Mountain, honestly, last time I went there I had some dude literally smelling my neck, very, very violently. I swear he almost snorted my beard.

There are no official staff/player set settlements like we had with the mod, so the place could honestly be owned by anybody at anytime. If some group comes in with a bunch of guys they could claim the place for themselves and lock it down for a bit. When they leave, a bunch of traders could show up and start up a small trading post as you stated.

In the end, Green Mountain can become a bunch of things and nothing is official. What happens at Green Mountain is dictated by the player base that is there at the time. Green Mountain always changes. This could apply to any other hotspot that potentially pops up over time.

Do you feel like your question has been answered?

These should be sufficient enough to answer your concerns, if you have any more questions don't be afraid to hop into teamspeak and consult with staff:)

/solving