Server time: 2018-08-15, 08:43 WE ARE RECRUITING

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Slinkaaay

Its like playing a whole other game!!!!

Finally got accepted and allowed on the server. Emerged from the house I had been hiding in after the food ran out, and went out to explore the outside world. After awhile I was hailed by a fellow new comer through a kitchen window. Both of us are completely new the server and are playing the roles to a tee. After securing some weapons and finding out where we are at, we decide to head inland. Someone yells to us "Hands Up"!!! I draw my weapon and aim. Now I have "In Character" met one other person besides zombies. I respond who are you? A Cop? or something to that effect, maybe with a couple of F bombs. Now mind you My character as well I, have been drinking, so a little liquid courage goes along way. Not to mention my companion for the last several hours also draws his shotgun. The would be aggressor, reevaluates the situation and decides to shoulder his weapon. I lower my aim and press for an answer to my question. Why was he telling me to put my hands up. He relates he was scared and nothing else happens and we part ways. I cannot explain how that small interaction, with great role play elevates this game to a whole new level. Love It.....

Slink

Um.. That was poor initiation... On the you met. But I am glad that you are enjoying yourself.

Um.. That was poor initiation... On the you met. But I am glad that you are enjoying yourself.

Don't know what you meant. Was there a typo?

No, he's saying that "Hands up!!" isn't a sufficient way to initiate on someone.

I don't really agree, it all depends on the situation and how the tone is.

Glad you're having a great time either way, I haven't played on public servers after I joined DayZRP.

He meant that you did a poor job holding that guy up to gun point, or he was talking about the other guy yelling at you to put your hands up. Either way glad you're enjoying your time on here mate! :D

I've only been the part of the community for a little over a month, and i agree. DayZRP made DayZ worth playing again and it helps to see past the obvious faults with the game. I would recommend trying to find friends or maybe a group, it can introduce a whole new level of RP

Guest Doug Quade

Great fun. Initiation went well I think. The RP isn't just up to the person initiating, it is also the person being initiated on. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Wait until you have a nice rainy night fireside convo with 3 strangers that are plotting to eat you for dinner. Now there is some role playing !

Yes, this place is a literal playground. I'm glad you are having fun here!

It is for certain a much better playing environment then out in the harsh deathlands of the open servers *shudders.

What is the proper way to initiate on someone if not saying something like "Hands up!" Must there be more dialogue or can that wait until after you've got your victim/hostage secured?

Actually met up with a group of five last night for the first time, and sat around a camp fire and listened to everyone's background. 1 hour went by quick. I made the mistake of throwing 5 or 6 steaks directly on the fire. Now before this last update, they would cook fine. So I tell everyone we are going to have some fresh meat for a change and I look at the steaks and they don't turn red and they all say ruined. That's when I say "I don't understand this, all the steaks say they are ruined" I am immediately reminded I was OOC, when someone says" Are the steaks really talking to you?" Its definitely easy to slip up, but hilarious sometimes too. BTW how do you cook meat now? I might post that last part in the questions guide....slink

Just be careful, a robbery is a very dangerous game. One accidental slip up can lead to a lethal grudge. And i've seen the five man death squads myself.

Man I can't wait to get to try out playin on these servers!! Been wanting more out of this game for so long!

DayZRP is my life atm.

Welcome to DayZRP :D Where the game feels much better if you are not getting into shitty situations! ^^

First time today too that i join the RP server.

Long story short, wake up fight a horde of zombies with crowbar "and those things kept coming" one broke my arm, gather supplies, head up in-land "with broken arm" trying to find a doctor, ran into a random guy " very friendly" in a dark forest at night trying to make a fire, i tried to help using my outdoorsman skill [1/10] :D , asked for directions hot-spots, etc talked for a bit, and there i went with the broken arm in my quest to find a doctor

10/10 will play again

Guest bobbyv1014

Once I get accepted I'm hopeing for stuff like this all the time to happen to me.

I am looking forward to be accepted in the server. It seems so much different from the other servers where there are just a bunch of russians KOSsing every one.

I have been hoping this type of RP server. From what I read, sounds really legit. Have a tried few that were "RP" but still KoS guys. Really hoping that I will get whitelisted.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Glad I made your DayZRP experience a whole lot better!

You know where we are located just don't spread the location.

Hope you stay too.

This sounds like something small and effective, just the way I like it. Can't wait to give it a try myself (just like about everyone else on here)

I really do hope i get accepted.. it looks like so much fun and it will bring more enjoyment while i play.. i cant stand people who KoS and who act stupid. I hate childish people..