Server time (UTC): 2022-10-02 23:37

Random Restarts

Do you feel frustrated when you meticulously plan an action which then gets cut off for no reason? Random server restarts. Have you ever started a long road trip from Green Mountain to Berezkhi, only to find your vehicle is deleted, leaving you stranded near Severograd? Random server restarts.

But on a serious note, is there any reason this happens? I understand how hard it is to maintain a server's stability, and how hard staff work to keep them functioning properly, but it can be a tad annoying when a server restarts off-timetable.

Not a big problem, was just wondering.

• MVP

It's basically the fault of server load, having constant 50/50 servers means that people spam the join button and the servers can't handle the sheer traffic we're giving them. We thought persistence was the main issue, but it seems to be a combination of both.

It's basically the fault of server load, having constant 50/50 servers means that people spam the join button and the servers can't handle the sheer traffic we're giving them. We thought persistence was the main issue, but it seems to be a combination of both.

Is it true that with the addition of server logs, DayZRP will be open to adding another server? Since it will theoretically be easier to police the conduct across all servers then, it could potentially open up the option without too much admin strain.

I seem to recall seeing some mention of that in a forum post a few weeks back. I believe something was said about how they wouldn't want to add any more servers until logs were in.

• MVP

Its possible. Really depends on how the report section goes after logs are introduced; if the strain is too heavy, I doubt another server will be added. We don't want to sacrifice our ability to monitor RP by opening more than we can handle. But who knows, maybe logs will streamline the report process. :)

• Titanium

/moved to Questions

• MVP

I wouldn't exactly call them server restarts, but crashes is probably a more appropriate word to use. The home page shows our restart schedule, any other manual restart would normally be on crashes and the occasional invisible zombies, which the server is normally notified of a restart in that case. Yeah, the crashes are a bit annoying, but part of the reason of why the server crashes is what Chris said:

Here is the restart schedule:

73e4bbfe8c.png

Do you feel like the information given has answered your question?

• Legend

Alright then ill mark this as solved. If you need anything else jump into the help desk and let us know.

/solved

Alright then ill mark this as solved. If you need anything else jump into the help desk and let us know.

/solved

Don't know about you, but I have noticed on the S3 server there tends to be a lot less players on it, even though most players have the option to play on the S3 they prefer to spam their way into S1 or S2. I believe there would be a lot less traffic if S3 (UK server) has third person as although people don't like to admit it, for me, it is more enjoyable to play in third person.