Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:51

TP Modifications

With the current debacle and the admins handing down:

1) Walking away from a vehicle (even if you stay within the TP) is considered abandoning it, thus making it free to claim.

2) Zoarial suggested that if you need to use facilities that are in the TP, that you should drive your vehicle near them, which leads me to...

3) There are necessities in the trade post that are not easily accessible while still remaining near a vehicle. The only watering point is squarely tucked away behind a single vehicle stall. It is bad enough that some people yell at you to get away when all you're doing is walking to the water. Now we have to contend with the possibility of someone stealing our vehicles while we gather and boil water.

Therefore, I suggest that:

1) The scouting towers be moved OUTSIDE the TP wall. That way there can be zero confusion as to whether or not a person is still tending to a vehicle in the TP. You obviously can't be both inside and outside at the same time.

2) While the watering point currently makes sense next to the foods, I would suggest putting another that is near the public vehicle areas so that someone can drive their vehicle nearby while refilling their supplies.

Addendum: This is the report to which I refer: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-stolen-vehicle-rdm-at-tp

Guest Alpha
Walking away from a vehicle (even if you stay within the TP) is considered abandoning it, thus making it free to claim.

Fair enough, but how do you know when a player has 'walked away' from his vehicle? How far does he have to be to consider the vehicle 'unattended'? Outside TP, or five meters away from the vehicle?

I think you might want to sort that out first, at least put a clear act on that, else we're gonna end up having people beefing over whether vehicles were unattended or not.

Guest Alpha

If you aren't there, you aren't there. That's what my interpretation.

Ok so technically if you got your car in TP and you are still within the walls of TP, it is considered attended, and once you leave the TP, it is free to grab?

You get what I'm trying to say? :P You know, I can already see people fighting over this, or just people waiting for someone to leave TP so their vehicle is considered 'unattended' and grab it and drive off. There has to be a solid, pro-active system set up to prevent these kind of issues.

The moral of the story is: Don't walk away from your car. Take it with you.

Not necessarily. I never left TP in the report I referenced in the original post. Zoarial and the GM panel decided it was a legit steal because I wasn't actually at my car at the time and issued bans.

Guest Maggorra

Shit bad idea ... very difficult to keep track of which vehicles are under review and which ones are not. Are you not sitting in the car and dont have clear sight on it, the car is unattended. How hard can it be?

I don't disagree, but that's not how the ruling came down.

The first 3 aren't ideas. They are facts. That's just how it is.

I'm asking them to add another water pump so you aren't required to abandon your vehicle to get water, etc.

A car in the TP with a closed gate is not free for anyone to take...this is just causing more shootings and misunderstandings in the TP, NO taking cars in the TP...simple as that. If you're not willing to risk a robbery/theft outside the safe zone, WALK!

• MVP

A car in the TP with a closed gate is not free for anyone to take...this is just causing more shootings and misunderstandings in the TP, NO taking cars in the TP...simple as that. If you're not willing to risk a robbery/theft outside the safe zone, WALK!

This.

Leave the cars alone. If you are in doubt of it being abandoned ask about it.

Be aware that if you do take it they have the right to shoot you and/or make a report.

It is not feasible to bring your car with you all to the facilities you require all the time. In some cases, this could cause even more of a problem with blocking areas off.

The admin ruling should change. I read the reports to and just don't agree with that ruling. To be honest I know less rules did improved the server, but some things just need to be on paper black and white. You(Dubbeanh) was in the understanding that your vehicle was secure, but it was not wich sucks.

Common sense to me tells me to not take a car in tp when there are other people inside you don't know. Placing a waterpump at every parking spot is not going to change that. Maybe even remove the waterpump after all the tp is just for a quik trade not to camp out all they and spy from the towers to ambush them the next moment.

Remove towers and waterpump/barrel

my 2 cents and free opinion.