Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 13:18

Why can't you just kill yourself anywhere, at any time?

Guest HolySausage

Guest HolySausage

So they recently added suicide by firearms and meele weapons, which is cool.

But if your dude is can summon the fucking willpower to kill himself by *stabbing his brain with a screwdriver*, then shouldn't he ALSO be able to smash his head against a wall? Or backflip and break his neck? Or just *respawn* at any time so when I break my legs as a fresh spawn so I don't have to waste 20 minutes finding a way to kill myself?

tl;dr: DayZ should let you respawn anytime you want, why don't the devs get this?

• MVP

Because it entirely ruins the mechanic of spawning and permadeath?

• Legend

In case you are stuck with broken legs on the shore you can always try to drown ;)

Or you can survive. You can try to the best of your ability to preserve your characters life because you never know, you might make a splint, fix your leg up and run 100m down the road, meet a group of people and experience some of the best RP you have ever had.

Or you can take the easy way out and just drown yourself for a spawn point closer to a gear hotspot.

Guest HolySausage

yeah, but when there's no grouping mechanic, no spawn-in-region mechanic, no in-game map mechanic, no tutorial, and no in-game friend system, and the only perma-death mechanic is a 30-second timer, then the sanctity of "spawning and perma death" is fucking null and void.

if your argument is that "it's an alpha, then mechanics should be as open as possible until the game devs implement what is mentioned above. Failing in which, the game is more of a slog than it needs to be.

• Legend

Literally no one thinks it's fun to crawl from shed to shed, then town to town in search of rags and an axe. No one.

Well I must be no one.

You can tear up your shirt, search the ground for a stone, fashion it into a stone knife, get some sticks from a bush and you are all good to splint up and get RPing.

It's not hard.

Guest HolySausage

Or you can survive.

No one thinks it's fun to crawl at 2 km/h from shed to shed, then city to city, in a desperate search for a splitting axe and rags. Literally NO ONE wants to do that.

• MVP

yeah, but when there's no grouping mechanic, no spawn-in-region mechanic, no in-game map mechanic, no tutorial, and no in-game friend system, and the only perma-death mechanic is a 30-second timer, then the sanctity of "spawning and perma death" is fucking null and void.

if your argument is that "it's an alpha, then mechanics should be as open as possible until the game devs implement what is mentioned above. Failing in which, the game is more of a slog than it needs to be.

there are maps IG. There are compasses IG. There is dynamic grouping, meeting people IG or even on TS. There are coloured armbands to help define groups.

This is DayZ. It's supposed to be hard. It isn't supposed to be "lol lets spawn with my friends and respawn whenever and get gear easy"

Guest HolySausage

Well I must be no one.

You can tear up your shirt, search the ground for a stone, fashion it into a stone knife, get some sticks from a bush and you are all good to splint up and get RPing.

It's not hard.

Fair point, but when playing the game requires such mind numming patience, then there should might as well exist a respawn option, shouldn't there?

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

I was holed up in Pustoshka with no food whatsoever and no means to make any of my own, and I was on the verge of starvation

(This was when persistence was on and food was scarce)

I go into town and meet Aurora, Jericho, Zed and a couple of other people, and our interaction really made my

DayZRP experience worthwhile and encouraged me to stay. I even became friends with some of these people and still continue to play with them.

So don't kill of your character because like Conor said who knows what's gonna happen when you crest that hill or turn the corner

Who knows maybe the possibility of great RP and the opportunity to make friends or a hostile party that wants to rob you. The possibilities are endless and that is what makes DayZRP DayZRP.

• Legend

Or you can survive.

No one thinks it's fun to crawl at 2 km/h from shed to shed, then city to city, in a desperate search for a splitting axe and rags. Literally NO ONE wants to do that.

Do you want to Role Play?

Or do you want to just 'play DayZ' because there are plenty of public servers out there for that.

If I have to crawl from shed to shed in order to survive, I do that.

If I am starving, I will search every berry bush and apple tree in order to keep my character from dying. It is not hard to survive.

• Sapphire

Or you can survive.

Do not presume to speak for everyone that plays DayZ. I may not go out of my way to experience what you describe, but if it happens, I simply view it as a hurdle my character has to overcome, place myself in the role, and tough it out. I wouldn't want to die in that situation, and I certainly wouldn't commit suicide over a broken leg, so neither would my character.

Also, you don't need an axe to splint your leg. In fact, you spawn with all of the "tools" you need: your bare hands. Tear your spawn t-shirt into rags, search the ground for kindling sticks, combine the two, boom....splint.

• Legend

I value my characters life and I would do anything to survive. This is roleplay.

So they recently added suicide by firearms and meele weapons, which is cool.

shouldn't he ALSO be able to smash his head against a wall?

tl;dr: DayZ should let you respawn anytime you want, why don't the devs get this?

r u real? i think there is no one who would choose this way out....

• Sapphire

Not really. Reason DayZ became what it did for alot of us is the unforgiving nature of it.

Now, i'm talking about game itself, not RP here.

In roleplay your goal should be to conserve the life of your character as best you can.

It's a survival game. Key word being survival, the fun comes from your ability to get yourself out of situations like spawning with nothing, scavenge ressources, find out where you are and navigate around chernarus by using tools and thinking and cooperate with others to survive. Adding spawnpoints will kill the fun of being a survivor.

Welp, I didn't expect all you DayZ fanatics to get so butthurt over suggestions to make the game more accessible to its players, lol

The game is accessible to anyone willing to learn how to play, 5m on google and you'll learn all there is to know to survive.

Not all games needs tutorial on "How to walk".

• Sapphire

Welp, I didn't expect all you DayZ fanatics to get so butthurt over suggestions to make the game more accessible to its players, lol

Like I said, you're describing a non-issue. You spawn with half of what you need for a splint, and the other half can be found in less than five minutes on the ground.

Guest HolySausage

there are maps IG. There are compasses IG. There is dynamic grouping, meeting people IG or even on TS. There are coloured armbands to help define groups.

This is DayZ. It's supposed to be hard. It isn't supposed to be "lol lets spawn with my friends and respawn whenever and get gear easy"

No one uses in-game maps. Everyone uses the DayZdb map in their browser. Besides, almost no one can read cyrillic, so for new players to hook up and play the game is almost impossible. The very fact that people use TS and external maps, shows a failure on the part of developers to deliver on these points.

• Legend

When the main focus of this community is Role Play, your suggestions make absolutely no sense and do not promote Role Play in the slightest.

In this community, your suggestions would not "make the game more accessible to it's players" as you suggest but only null RolePlay.

Or you can survive.

I have no issues with it. It´s not hard. People are just a bit to comfortable. This is a survival themed game, not a fast paced action shooter.

• Sapphire

No one uses in-game maps. Everyone uses the DayZdb map in their browser. Besides, almost no one can read cyrillic, so for new players to hook up and play the game is almost impossible. The very fact that people use TS and external maps, shows a failure on the part of developers to deliver on these points.

I don't use the web-browser map. How would my character rationalize being able to pull up a map without internet access? I use the in-game maps as I find them.

Guest HolySausage

In roleplay your goal should be to conserve the life of your character as best you can.

Some of you butthurt mofos fail to recognize that i'm talking about the game, not RP.

Of course you do anything you can to survive in RP. I was bitching about game mechanics. DayZ can be unforgiving, but that doesn't mean it has to be tedious.

Some of you butthurt mofos fail to recognize that i'm talking about the game, not RP.

Of course you do anything you can to survive in RP. I was bitching about game mechanics. DayZ can be unforgiving, but that doesn't mean it has to be tedious.

EDIT: The point of this whole post was just to prove I wasn't a bot character and I wrote a generic post, didn't expect it to blow up lol.

• Sapphire

You can fix a broken leg in about five minutes as a fresh spawn.

How the hell is that tedious?!

"butthurt mofos"

*sigh*