Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:11

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the massive amount of KoS lately?

Hey guys and girls,

Now, I haven't been here very long, granted, but in the past couple weeks has anyone else noticed an unusually highly amount of KoS or bad RP on the servers(many reports)?

Personally, I haven't run into anything too bad in-game but judging by reports, do people need to go through the process again? It seems that as people become more comfortable with the game, and DayZRP in general, they are forgetting the crucial parts that make DayZRP such a safe haven for those of us who truly want to immerse ourselves in a Role-Play environment. These massive amount of KoSing... trolling, and shitty RP are beginning to hurt the values that the community should be about. As stated, I still fairly new, and I don't speak for everyone, but I'm just trying to spit-ball on ways that people will have to remember how to properly abide by the rules. Clearly, the admins and moderators are in overdrive and can't keep up with all the reports for people breaking the rules. Throwing out an idea such as: "Could people be required to perform a small quiz on KoS prior to being allowed back on servers?" be done?

I believe that .53 will heavily enforce people playing by the rules, seeing as we have active admin logs that state who killed who, and interacted etc., but that still being said... even if just by reading this, I can convince one person to re-read the rules and learn something they have forgotten, I feel I've made a small difference in the community... Now instead of that one person questioning what to do next.. they will no if a line is about to be crossed.

Anyways, open to discussion, maybe this is all irrelevant... maybe I'm just making suggestions to cover up a small rant...

• Emerald

Firewood.png?version=984520e48cac72ed146a839610a5e00e

As long as we dont have the admin logs, KoS will still be a big problem in the game.

Once these admin tools are implented, it will be easier to punish people who KoS'ed you.

Let us hope they will come tomorrow!?

I think it's caused by the boom of new players (the Dec and Jan newbies). They were all watching popular streamers, wanted to play with them so they signed up. Most will probably be really good but a lot just came here for the wrong reasons. They skimmed through the rules roughly just to get the passphrase, got in and said

"Yes now I can play in a place where I don't get KoSed" but they turn around breaking all the rules themselves cause they did not properly educated themselves. And yes I think firmly that some came here to grief these servers on purpose. They don't last very long here but still...

Once logs are here, all of the servers will get a massive cleanup I think :)

I think it's caused by the boom of new players (the Dec and Jan newbies). They were all watching popular streamers, wanted to play with them so they signed up. Most will probably be really good but a lot just came here for the wrong reasons. They skimmed through the rules roughly just to get the passphrase, got in and said

"Yes now I can play in a place where I don't get KoSed" but they turn around breaking all the rules themselves cause they did not properly educated themselves. And yes I think firmly that some came here to grief these servers on purpose. They don't last very long here but still...

Once logs are here, all of the servers will get a massive cleanup I think :)

No kidding, I know I may fall into this category too but with additional experience. You're very correct on that thought process though, people get excited about getting in and all the important information went out that window at that point.

• Sapphire

Strangely despite all the reports I have only been KOS'd once by a hacker since the standalone released here at DayZRP.

And I have been Mis-ID'd once but i dont view that as a "straight KOS" since it was a genuine accident.

As for bad RP i have encountered quite a bit of lazy and undesireable RP recently from people making their characters frantically spaz out by holding the alt key and rocking back and forth as well as just saying really stupid and trolly things not all of it is report worthy in my eyes quite a bit of it would be solved with a harsh slap on the wrist but i think some people need to realise that on an RP server your supposed to RP that you are in a person "IN" the game I have met a lot and i mean a lot of people who talk like just somebody playing the game and its kinda annoying.

As for bad RP i have encountered quite a bit of lazy and undesireable RP recently from people making their characters frantically spaz out by holding the alt key and rocking back and forth as well as just saying really stupid and trolly things not all of it is report worthy in my eyes quite a bit of it would be solved with a harsh slap on the wrist but i think some people need to realise that on an RP server your supposed to RP that you are in a person "IN" the game I have met a lot and i mean a lot of people who talk like just somebody playing the game and its kinda annoying.

Yeah, this is a big issue as well... If you are full geared in military or whatever.... you can't display yourself and talk like a person who has never had any combat experience... and talked about weapons like they don't require care. It's something that comes with experience as RP does as well., but if people are not notified of their shitty RP they will continue doing it.

Posted by Forsaken Ghoul - Yesterday 23:34

A little paranoia can be quite healthy in game. just stay away from military spawns and your chances of being shot are significantly reduced.

It's why I stick with the Bow and the Axe for the lulz, somebody robs me i'll be like "No need to rob me for chrissake, you can have what you want"

Anyway, initiating on the type of players that don't have much of a thing, can still bring good RP, i'm sure somebody will rob me only for my Cowboy hat. Hahah.

Luckily not died from KoS myself. But I have heard alot about it lately. Powerhungry Bandits on the otherhand! :P On every corner- As Arcad Malarkey said, Axe and bow is my weapon of choice these days ^^.

Havent been around these parts for too long. But so far I enjoy it. 'Some paranoia can be quite healthy', Forsaken Ghoul said. I think Im far off on the other end of the scale here. Im paranoid as shit. Scared of people and always hungry. -.-

• MVP

Logs are here....

Tremble in fear, ye forsaken souls, and know thy doom.....

*Twerks with daemonic happiness*

• Legend

Im not into this twerking thing. But this ^I would like to see O.o

O RLY? I'm trying to burn the images from my mind.

<3 u anyway, Chris

• Legend

Good to know, thanks.

in the past couple weeks has anyone else noticed an unusually highly amount of KoS or bad RP on the servers(many reports)?

Nah mate, it's just you. *adjusts long range scope, trying to find the sweet spot*

I see you're fairly new, so I don't think you know what is 'much' and what isn't.

As for my personal opinion, i think it's fairly logical with all the new players who join the server.

People can argue that once you join you should know all the rules, but I think it is more like driving a car; you'll have to get used to it.

It will be much better once the whitelist closes and people improve their roleplay (and their behaviour in reports!).

• MVP

Logs are here....

Tremble in fear, ye forsaken souls, and know thy doom.....

There are no logs. They are currently broken.

no u