Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:09

The Annoyance That Is "May I have my temp removed"

Prince

• Emerald

Ever since the new Temp-ban thing was added I have seen so many newbies asking for their temp bans removed. Is this required or something? I highly doubt that but I could be wrong.

Back on topic I just get irritated when someone repeatedly asked for their temp bans to be removed on reports. The admins will deal with you eventually!

I personally think temp-bans should stick until the report is finished, that's just my 3-cents.

#rantover I still <3 you guys

• Event Master

Ever since the new Temp-ban thing was added I have seen so many newbies asking for their temp bans removed. Is this required or something? I highly doubt that but I could be wrong.

Back on topic I just get irritated when someone repeatedly asked for their temp bans to be removed on reports. The admins will deal with you eventually!

I personally think temp-bans should stick until the report is finished, that's just my 3-cents.

#rantover I still <3 you guys

On the flip side though there are situations (such as mine) Where I come home from work to find myself temp-banned regarding a situation I wasn't involved in, then proceed to wait 8 hours with no resolution after giving my PoV on the matter. So you have to understand it can be frustrating from the players' side as well. We understand that, yes, admin are busy, and while needlessly spamming about your temp-ban is useless and annoying, inquiring about one that has been active for some time is simply natural, as it is interfering with your own recreational activity.

• Emerald

rant

flippity side

I know what you are getting at but people need to get some patience or another game to play.

• Sapphire

So, it is just a coincidence, or is Jack Sparrow (excuse me, Captain Jack Sparrow) your forum avatar because you're completely insane?

A lot of the people that receive temp bans to give a POV are witnesses that had no direct part in the offense being reported, and even then, some of the people being reported are found innocent, or the reports against them are dropped because the OP never decides to go formal.

• Emerald

So, it is just a coincidence, or is Jack Sparrow (excuse me, Captain Jack Sparrow) your forum avatar because you're completely insane?

A lot of the people that receive temp bans to give a POV are witnesses that had no direct part in the offense being reported, and even then, some of the people being reported are found innocent, or the reports against them are dropped because the OP never decides to go formal.

thanks for the complement :(

but seriously some people that get their temp bans lifted go strait back and cause more shit before they are inevitably banned. I would be fine being banned for something I didn't do until the report gets done to ensure that others that did the deeds would be in the same boat as me (I also have insurgency)

• Event Master

thanks for the complement :(

but seriously some people that get their temp bans lifted go strait back and cause more shit before they are inevitably banned. I would be fine being banned for something I didn't do until the report gets done to ensure that others that did the deeds would be in the same boat as me (I also have insurgency)

Then why not have temp bans stick around for those directly involved where evidence is presented (ie video) of their involvement until the thread sees resolution?

• Sapphire

Well, that's great...for you. Some people have limited play time and want to spend it playing DayZRP. Besides, temp-banning someone accused of something is different than temp-banning witnesses, and even then, there are members of the community that have made blatantly false accusations just to rile things up around here.

• Legend

Only in clear cases we will leave someone temp banned.

We temp ban to get the attention of a possible suspect.

Just because someone is accusing someone else of a rulebreak does not mean the accused one actually did it. It would be unfair to let people stay banned for something they might never did.

• Emerald

-paragraph-

I know people love playing RP but there are other fish in the sea so to speak

unto the "Witch hunts"I have not seen that yet but I would assume that those would be resolved quickly when it is WvW