Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:32

Dayz changes my computer lanquage

Uhka

• Emerald

Has anyone had the problem, where during playing dayz, your computer keyboard changes to an english one? For example when I press the "/" button, my keyboard writes "&".

• MVP

Have you tried changing your language setting ingame? If its set to english it will force you to type in english

• Sapphire

I have this also happening to me.

This happens when I press a key combination Shift + Alt. (Shift walking and then looking around with Alt)

This changes your keyboard from Finnish to English, basically doing the same combination again should change it.

• Sapphire

You can actually change the keybinding to nothing so you do not get this again. Follow these instructions and you'll be able to force your computer to never switch to it again.

1) go to control panel

2) Language

3) Advanced settings --> Change language bar hot keys --> set between input languages to none

I have this also happening to me.

This happens when I press a key combination Shift + Alt. (Shift walking and then looking around with Alt)

This changes your keyboard from Finnish to English, basically doing the same combination again should change it.

You have no idea how long this was a mystery to me. I always thought that it was a steam issue, but come to think of it, it never happened in any other games except Arma 2 and DayZ SA.

Makes sense, im sprinting with shift and using alt to look around.

• Emerald

Thank you really much! This solved the thing, when I want to say something //ooc i write &&ooc :D..

• MVP

Thank you really much! This solved the thing, when I want to say something //ooc i write &&ooc :D..

Glad to see!

/solved