Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:37

EU S3 -> Third person

Hajo77

Hi!

Did anyone consider to switch S3 to Third person? The server seems to be populated with less than 20 persons most of the time. Yet, it is incredibly difficult to get on the other EU server during peak times.

It seems as no one is really keen to play first person. Is there a legit reason why first person is forced there?

Just a thought...

cheers

Hj

S3 has no third person because Rolle decided to not put it on. And to be honest with you, lots of players like playing in 1st person only so. If you want to play on third person, you have two servers to allow it. I think it's nice to have a server where we can have better immersion.

It seems as no one is really keen to play first person.

Actually, there are quite a few people that enjoy first person only. There was also a discussion/poll few months ago about this topic and plenty of players supported first person. Anyway, as Nagita said, if you prefer third person, just switch to the other servers =)

Yeah, that's no news to me. I am just wondering why the first person server is never full then. Just seems odd.

When people go to the website and see that s1 has more players than s3, they join that one because it is more likely they will find some interaction there.

Rest just follows. That is my guess anyway

in my opinion its because people who play in third person just want to peak around corners for people that's why i play on the first person server more for rp and as well as better immersion. And Note I'm not saying that third person servers don't have rp its just when your found around a corner with the guy not even peaking his head at you its kinda like whelp you killed my immersion

People dont join the First Person Server because they want to peak around Corners with their Third Person 1337 Skills.

I disagree. Since Killing and shooting is not the major focus of an RP server anyways, this should not be a major concern. At least for those who care for the rules. No KOS, etc....

All I am wondering is why the server is mostly empty, wil 20 players and less. Tells me that most people do not enjoy 1st person. This would make me re-consider since it is frustrating to be in the waiting queue all evening long.

My personal opinion is that 1st person just looks shit.

Guest Senna1337

My personal opinion is that 1st person just looks shit.

I respect your Opinion,

But First Person actually looks quite good when you are aiming and have a Gun out, but it always depends on your FOV Settings too

• Legend

S3 has no third person because Rolle decided to not put it on. And to be honest with you, lots of players like playing in 1st person only so. If you want to play on third person, you have two servers to allow it. I think it's nice to have a server where we can have better immersion.

"A lot" is relative. Enough do to justify it however many more prefer 3rd person.

I am mixed as to what we should do. An additional overflow server does not hurt admittedly but on the other side of the coin this would only help during peak times. A first person server offers a more authentic experience.

"A lot" is relative. Enough do to justify it however many more prefer 3rd person.

I am mixed as to what we should do. An additional overflow server does not hurt admittedly but on the other side of the coin this would only help during peak times. A first person server offers a more authentic experience.

Well, if the additional server does not impact the budget in the wrong way, it can be nice to still let it run. Because since the hype is still here, lot of people are joining in peak times, and some are making their evening spamming the server, in hope to log into it.

And yeah, it's maybe relative but, it is still enough to have interactions and good expercience on this third server so, I won't complain. :)

• Emerald

Most people like to chose 1st or 3rd person or go in between.

for example i=I like 3rd person when running or rp'ing but prefer 1st person in gunfights (the cod training pay'd off) . Its the freedom of choice people like to make the decision 1st or 3rd. That's what the great country America was based off of and I support the right to let people chose. So S3 will stay as it is probably because it was made specifically for the 1st person people.

• Sapphire

-1 I like first person a lot and think we need atleast 1 first person server, if you really want 3rd person you can go on the other 2 servers

No, no you can't. Because they are always full and there's no 'que up' menu yet. d:

I kid, but seriously, most of the time people can't get into the 3rd person ones. ;p

-1 I like first person a lot and think we need atleast 1 first person server, if you really want 3rd person you can go on the other 2 servers

No, no you can't. Because they are always full and there's no 'que up' menu yet. d:

I kid, but seriously, most of the time people can't get into the 3rd person ones. ;p

Right, but if S3 is set to 3rd person, people like me who want to play on 1st person servers will have nowhere at all to go, ever.

Guest kipaja2

You can always play on server 3, but I don't think it would be fair to remove the 1st person only server as we already have 2 3rd person servers, if you really really want to get into a 3rd person server you'll have to spam one of the 2 servers. Of own experience it doesn't take that long to get into one when you spam it.

• Sapphire

I like third person because I like looking at my character and his surroundings. If you've never slowly walked up a mountain side, the sun shining through the trees, then half blinding you from the flare at highest game settings, well, you should try it, because this game's environment is extremely beautiful. It feels so epic when things like this happen.

Or a screenshot of a three sitting at a campfire, huddled for warmth as the rain echos and falls outside the metal canopy you are hiding under. The camera slowly zooms out for a nice, cinematic like shot.

I just LOVE 1st Person and thats the reason I play on S3. No Meta-gaming by looking over walls/corners, more feeling IN the character... the suprise from other people because cant look behind you all the time... it just feels so much more real!

And since many people dont play there, I can always join without waiting ^-^

If S1 and S2 are full, I would assume that most players wouldn't mind too much about playing on S3. I haven't even got in yet so I don't know patterns, but there is a problem if S1 and S2 are full and players join very quickly when someone leaves while S3 is at a low population. If that isn't what is happening, then I don't think that anything is wrong. S3 also shows caring for the minority who prefer first-person, and to be honest I would probably prefer it.

I see everyone is claiming they like 1st person, but I have not seen it peek over 15 players, and I check a few days a week. I may be checking at bad times, but it would be much more beneficial for them to switch it to third. The third servers are always or very close to full during the day, and changing s3 to 3p, would only allow more people to play at once. I don't mind 1st person, but the whole game feels funky with it. Ill play it if I have to, if not, I will steer clear.

Also, not many people seem to play 1p servers only on the public hive as it is, and it seems like a vast majority of people prefer 3p.