Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:56

Starving to death after you re spawn.

Guest Malcavitch

Guest Malcavitch

Well i must say i was very upset about this to be honest although it was a panicked rush of frustration and excitement at the same time.

I re spawned below berezino and went on the scavenge for resources. All i found was 2 pairs of jeans with a flash light and battery and 0 supplys to drink or eat. Not even a weapon of any description in sight.

I figure id head to next town.

Hit next town and instantly get zombie aggro so i run hide try all my tricks but theres a new zombie at every turn.

Finally become freezing, thirsty and dying of hunger when i stumble upon peaches. Great i think peaches = food and drink. Then realisation hits ive nothing to open it with. So i make a run lose the aggro and scavenge again but i cant take time as im dying. Eventually i find a hockey stick. But by this time theres aggro. Eventually find a hammer to open my 1 can. Start eating and boom unconscious. It was a very very sucky time lol.

• MVP

Theres plenty of apple trees around berezino.

Try making improvised stone knife next time (it's bugged sometimes but if you keep trying you will make it eventually). You can open cans with it or even cut some branches to make fire if you need it. When I respawn it is usually first thing i try to craft if I realise that my surroundings are looted. As guys already mentioned apples are great source of food/drink at beginning, you only need few minutes of patience to gather enough to keep you up and running until you find some high calorie food. Hope I helped.

Stay safe and watch your back

Spawn on the coast = make a stone knife straight away. Opens cans and skins animals and much more.

There is also Apple trees and berry bushes at basically every town.

Also there are a lot of threads on surviving the fresh spawn starvation.

• Sapphire

Or you could eat some human flesh from all the people who commit suicide to get a better spawn

Or you could eat some human flesh from all the people who commit suicide to get a better spawn

Probably not helpful :P You're sick mang. ... wanna go eat someone on the coast?...

• Sapphire

Probably not helpful :P You're sick mang. ... wanna go eat someone on the coast?...

Sounds delicious too me

• Sapphire

6cwz4ll.gif

you are playing it wrong!

Probably not the kind of contribution you are looking for, but i myself find the game too easy.

All you need to know is a location of the nearest lake/water pump, and places to look for food. Canned goods are not that hard to find, at the very least you find some fruit nobody bothered to pick up.

Surviving in general is very easy, and i wish they would nerf the spawn rate on many things. One good run through a medium sized city is all you need to survive the next few days

• Sapphire

Probably not the kind of contribution you are looking for, but i myself find the game too easy.

All you need to know is a location of the nearest lake/water pump, and places to look for food. Canned goods are not that hard to find, at the very least you find some fruit nobody bothered to pick up.

Surviving in general is very easy, and i wish they would nerf the spawn rate on many things. One good run through a medium sized city is all you need to survive the next few days

It is all about PVP m10!

not about survival, this is DayZRP :troll:

Guest Malcavitch

Okay i did not know i could make an improvised stone knife haha thats news to me.

I could of picked apples true but its extreemely hard to find a spare 10s when tbe zombs are on your tail constantly. Specially when they seem to never lag behind there just there mocking me at every turn haha. Although 2nd respawn worked a treat haha managed to pick apples and find a lake hehe

• MVP

Dont forget you can lock zombies in houses now :) run them inside, run out, close door + profit

If you're having a lot of trouble with zombies, this will help. When you hit a town, look for these sheds if you're a fresh spawn without a melee weapon.

Land_Shed_W01.jpg

There seem to be at least 1 to 5 (or more) of them in most towns. Right now the open bit on the side spawns either a splitting axe or a hacksaw. Once you have an axe you should be in business.

Like the others said, surviving is almost too easy if you know where to look for things. Between all the food everywhere and animals to hunt and berries and apples and farming and ponds and fountains, it takes a fluke or some serious bad luck to starve to death with persistence off and everything resetting every 4 hours.

Guest Malcavitch

Dont get me wrong i do know where to look for everything more or less it was just bad luck that i couldnt loose the aggro attempted locking them in the houses but they kept glitching through walls. Not to mention that it was extremely wet outside so i was cold instantly. Must of been a common re- spawn area cos there wasnt even a spare jumper kicking about never mind anything i could use as a weapon haha.

Apple trees... People want to play the game not spam apples for 45 minutes.

Well if it takes apples to survive until you can hunt for food, then that´s what you get. Playing the game is playing the survival aspect.

One very wise comment by a former special forces soldier

- Survival is not fun. If you're having fun, you´re camping.

Guest Senna1337

And in real Life? i would rather search 45 Minutes than to starve irl, play the Game like you actually were a Survivor and you will have a good Time

My girlfriend has pretty much made a habit of making fun of me while playing this game, because after I die, I just farm apples for an hour or so until I get healthy and hydrated.

It sucks, but so does dying.

Well if it takes apples to survive until you can hunt for food, then that´s what you get. Playing the game is playing the survival aspect.

One very wise comment by a former special forces soldier

- Survival is not fun. If you're having fun, you´re camping.

I am just pointing out that picking apples for a prolonged period of time is not fun, we play games for fun after all. I could also say that first person adds to the survival aspect but we all know where that would take this conversation.

And in real Life? i would rather search 45 Minutes than to starve irl, play the Game like you actually were a Survivor and you will have a good Time

Real life? If I decided to pick apples to fill my belly it would not take 45 minutes to find ones to do so given the right time of year other wise I could go find food pretty easily seeing as I live in Australia. Given being desperate I could get some needed vitamins from saltbushes which would still be quicker then waiting an hour spamming a button in a game.

I agree.

Spamming bushes and trees is not very "surviving" its just...spamming a button.

Yeha and dying is no fun too but why should it be a pain in the ass to respawn? Its sad enogh that you lost your character (if not a glitch) and all you had. And gear is part of the roleplay (yeha gear is good for roleplay. it really is) so you lost that too.

And survival is fun in survival games. Thats the reason we play them. I dont play stuff if I dont have fun in it.