Server time: 2018-02-24, 06:31

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-24 23:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 16 hours, 28 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
DanielsTV

Lore Addition - The Prison

To explain the prison, I thought I'd share a little bit of background that I thought up for it

After the civil war in 2009, an old prison near Kamenka had its purpose changed, to house remaining Chedaki or Chedaki followers. The prison was only open to police officers and commanders and authorized CDF officers, due to recent CDF corruption. Kamenka was closed off and patrolled 24/7. When the outbreak happened, the main bridge to the prison was destroyed, leaving people to swim or drive a boat to it. It was destroyed by prisoners that tried to escape, but it was easily fortifiable. It was forgotten by most of the public because the outbreak consumed that side of the country early on the nearby military base was safer and had more weapons. One officer made his stay there, and one day when he was nearly out of supplies there, he made a transmission on every possible frequency he could get,

"Hello, this is.... Officer Labenski... I'm starving and running out of food.... a chedaki came and I shot him... all those things are swimmi... *a roar can be heard* They're coming, more than I have ammo for. It is January 28th now, if anybody, especially any groups hear this, please send help, you can rule this place, I just want to stay on the island with enough supplies. My ankle is broken because when that Chedaki came he tripped me and my ankle hit the ground at a bad angle, then I rolled over and shot him. I need some help please!!! I have 1 mag of AK-74 ammo, and the barracades over the openings in the hallway will break soon, please.... Send help soon..."

I imagine like most island prisons there wasnt a bridge to it. The entire purpose of being in a island is that bay prisoners can't escape :)

I would await the offical wiki to update it's lore though. If they ever would do that....

However, Shiro's group would make perfect sense within this community!

I mean for general purposes, id like to see you guys or blackwood make it home, but id prefer BM since im probably gonna join them :3. I'd rather it be a prison over a mental asylum, I bet they'll add one in too, maybe on another new island or upgrading Utes

I don't think we are going to inhabit it anytime soon...its just too exposed and clustered. Love the lore though!

Guest kipaja2

I mean for general purposes, id like to see you guys or blackwood make it home, but id prefer BM since im probably gonna join them :3. I'd rather it be a prison over a mental asylum, I bet they'll add one in too, maybe on another new island or upgrading Utes

How about a high security prison that houses the most dangerous people of Chernarus including some mental patients ?

How about a high security prison that houses the most dangerous people of Chernarus including some mental patients ?

Somalians!

I reallly like the idea of the Inmates originating here.

Yea, I wonder if Rolle would ever like "restart" the SA roleplay lore, due to all the stuff that will be added

Yea, I wonder if Rolle will ever like restart the lore due to all this stuff thats being added, could be interesting and new, but probably not. The Inmates being there would be awesome, I ran into you guys twice, once was with Tom, which he really made mark on my characters life today cuz I didnt know about you guys, then I heard all the stories..

Amazing idea! the tension added in at the end is awesome, I really hope this idea flourishes into something brilliant!

Remove or adjust the chedaki bit and leave the prison open to be used as a background story template for a wider range of characters and stories, and then I'd sign off on it. Not before. And certainly not the Asylum thing. But I've already been over that with the inmates fellas already. Oh and like Tamaster said, no bridge. Makes more sense that way.

Guest Doug Quade

Definitely a good origin point for the Inmates. I don't necessarily think that it means they automatically get a free base of operations though. Their lore would fit perfectly for the pre-catclysm use of the island. Now it is just open to whoever wants to make their way to the island.

Yeah, I don't really think it's fair for you to say the whole prison was an asylum, basically making it so no other people can RP as inmates there unless they were at the asylum. Maybe say part of it was for crazies or something.

Remove or adjust the chedaki bit and leave the prison open to be used as a background story template for a wider range of characters and stories, and then I'd sign off on it. Not before. And certainly not the Asylum thing. But I've already been over that with the inmates fellas already. Oh and like Tamaster said, no bridge. Makes more sense that way.

Exactly! So, instead, it was a prison that was full of the more "dangerous" type, with inmates and high value prisoners including Chedaki remnants. Kamenka wasn't closed off but most people wanted to forget about it because they wanted to move on into the new chernarus peace after the civil war. The amount of foreigners that managed to arrive for the impending apocalypse didn't know about it anyways, and most natives were either scared, forgetful, or didn't care about it. That good? Oh, and no bridge, honestly the bridge thing was stupid, cuz it is kind of a high security prison. Build onto it, your the Lore man anyways Archie ;)