Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:18

Sikki's ban

Sikki

In my opinion 7 days for that is littlebit too harsh. I got your point why i should be banned, not still accepting it, but i got your point.

But 7 days? This punishment system is already against all the bandits, and now its more harsh to S.D.S than any other clans. Even because there wasnt any videos.

Rolle, you did admit that you use more strict ruling to S.D.S than to any other clans. Thats not fair and ruins the game being bandit and being member of S.D.S

Lower atleast the ban to humane level.

I dont need victims or "goodguys" to comment here, just the S.D.S and admin crew.

Thank you

link to report and unfair ruling

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rdm-between-stary-sobor-and-kabanino?page=3

"3. Stay in character

This is a roleplaying server, players playing out of character will be removed. Executions, camping or deathmatching are allowed as long as they are lead in RP manner and do not conflict with the first or second rule."

Well isnt it RP to get angry when your friend just got KIA because of this fellas actions and the actions of his group? His group killed one of ours and Sikkis character reacted with rage, completely normal...thus i think this should fall under execution with RP, sure he could have told him why he was being executed.

He did not kill on sight, contact had been made and he was not out of character. The group didnt comply, they killed one of ours and therefore the whole group was engaged with lethal force.

I wasnt there but from what i can read 7 days just seems ridiculous.

Yes and SDS tries to rp by talking and taking people hostage, it just doesn't alway work out fine. today we held a group hostage and got under fire by another group, but managed to stay put and released the victims properly with a fishing boat. This is the kinda rp you can expect from SDS. We do our best, but sometimes we just have to shoot a guy.

As a admin you read the 'bad' moments most of the time because they are in a report. But sds tries and gets punished hard here.

• MVP

Andrei Petrov - Do not post in appeals you´re not involved in.

• MVP

I can't speak for Rolles comments, from what i read tho you are taking it out of context when refering to

Rolle, you did admit that you use more strict ruling to S.D.S than to any other clans. Thats not fair and ruins the game being bandit and being member of S.D.S[/Quote]

I believe he means that S.D.S. being one of the older bandit clans should by now know the rules, should have the ability to RP and not continue with the issues that Rolle see's. Much like an older brother who "Should Know better".

So correct me if i'm wrong, i'm still trying to play catch up with everything here..

You robbed someone, executed them OOC and received a 7 day ban on a "First Offence".

If i'm correct, then here's my issue, 7 days would seem harsh if it were a newer player solo or other wise new clan. But S.D.S and its member are not new, its not they don't know how to RolePlay but the reports suggest that they prefer getting kills for gear and not making stories or events. So why on a server where we expect people to RP and be IC 100% of the time would we allow people to execute people just for gear? You don't feel making it clear that this will not be tolerated (7-day ban means last chance) is a fair way of getting this across?

• MVP
You don't feel making it clear that this will not be tolerated (7-day ban means last chance) is a fair way of getting this across?

The problem I have Zoarial is that it feels like Sikki is being made an example of here. Like he's been put in the fire in order to send a message to S.D.S, and bandits in general.

I think each report should be judged on its merits, and to me, a 7 day ban feels a bit harsh given the crime that was committed..

Thanks for reviewing the appeal either way.

Executed one as one of them. I know lack of rp is against the rules but in my pov, there wasnt that much need for rp anymore.

But still, executing one as one of the enemy, and 7 days for that? And im still pretty new in server.

I know that in your eyes i have played against rules but this big punishment for that feels unfair and too harsh.

As bandit clan we do robberies as much as we can, yes. Gear isnt the main reason. The robbery and initiating and commanding is.

After this 7 days, if its not lowered, i know that i shouldnt use any common sense in any kind of situations because it seems to be against the rules.

If this is the last reply admins are going to give, you can close this.

Thanks

• MVP

Its not the last reply in any way, if it was our last reply the thread would have been closed. I'm trying to understand and make a fair yet justified ruling. Rolle gave the ban so to make a appeal ruling against the "server owner" i need to make sure i'm justified in my ruling.

So please, help me understand.

You are given 7 days for breaking 50% of the rules, OOC and KoS. Why, if you are in a clan that has been around long enough to understand this is not ok and had enough players told the same thing, should we allow it?

Perhaps i'm not understanding the events of that time. Try giving me a play by play.

In my opinion, there was just littlebit OOC. And 7 days for that is just making one S.D.S member a example.

And ofcourse you shouldnt allow that. But 7 days just because there was many reports against S.D.S lately.

Like i said in that report. I didnt want to take any risks that any of my clanmates gets killed, like one did.

Thats just my point of few about rules and ruling.

• MVP

Well just a little OOC is still OOC and you are supposed to be IC at all times. Killing Some one OOC is KoS and thus breaking the two biggest rules of DayZRP. S.D.S. may have a lot of reports lately but its all for the same general reason, OOC and KoS. Some excuses ranging as far as "I wanted his shoes". This is Not RP and thus is not tolerated.

I will discuss this with GM's as i can see how this is punishing on player for an entire clan, until then the ban will hold.

We do RP, just ask FM how we took them hostage in Solnichy factory yesterday and kept them safe while another group opened fire on us before we sent them away in a boat, but if they open fire on us we will ofc kill them.

» 03:49 - -KG-: some marine guys, 2MSOB i think :P

» 03:47 - Dr Tomchak: btw, who were you shooting with?

» 03:45 - nArp: rofl :P

» 03:43 - Dr Tomchak: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1337/2013030900002b.jpg

» 03:43 - Dr Tomchak: Look how Ruffboi ended

» 03:42 - Dr Tomchak: Good thing you weren't like some bandits, acting like mid-puberty kiddos xD

» 03:42 - Dr Tomchak: But it added a lot

» 03:41 - nArp: the shooting halfway trough wasnt planned :(

» 03:40 - Dr Tomchak: Maybe 6/10 for the beginning, but the ending nailed it

» 03:40 - Dr Tomchak: Nice robbery guys, a strong 7/10

» 03:40 - Dr Tomchak: :D

» 03:39 - nArp: wooohooo its the fisherman doctor

» 03:38 - Dr Tomchak: Hey Sky, were you with the SDS today?

there you actually have that situation in the shoutbox right now a second ago lol

Clearly expressing us performing a good role playing robbery & hostage situation...when people cooperate we do our best!

Zoarial may I inform you that he was not banned for KOS or RDM. It was only for OOC. The kill was legit even admitted by the people writing the report. They felt that sikki should roleplay the execution. Maybe they are right maybe not. rolle ruled that they are right about it and gave Sikki a 7 day ban. We think that is to many days. In my opinion he should not get a ban at all explained in the thread not going in details here. So he only break 30% of the rules if KOS, RDM and OOC are the main punishable offences.

Zoarial may I inform you that he was not banned for KOS or RDM. It was only for OOC. The kill was legit even admitted by the people writing the report. They felt that sikki should roleplay the execution. Maybe they are right maybe not. rolle ruled that they are right about it and gave Sikki a 7 day ban. We think that is to many days. In my opinion he should not get a ban at all explained in the thread not going in details here. So he only break 30% of the rules if KOS, RDM and OOC are the main punishable offences.

I know you guys didn't want others writing in this appeal, but I just want to throw my two tin cans in. I did not feel the kill was legit on me. As far as the rest of our squad, yes, completely legit. But the only words spoken were drop your equipment on the ground. I notified our unit of what was happening and they opened fire. All legit. No words were typed or used over in-game voip after I was told to drop my things. They drove the car up, 30 seconds after driving the car to grab all the gear. I was shot in the face. Thep oint I was trying to get across was that was a poorly made decision and there really wasn't any RP involved in the execution given that there was no way to actually prove that I was with the 7th Special Forces group. You even said you used meta-gaming to determine it was us, which one of you also posted that meta-gaming should be a bannable offense. I was more upset that there was no RP involved after the shooting, resulting in my death. It's a game, why not actually make it fun rather than just killing a defenseless survivor?

With that all being said, I also don't agree with the 7 day ban. It's fairly harsh and I know there have been many infractions by other S.D.S. members in the past for similar events. But from what I've heard, Sikki is fairly clean when it comes to reports. I'd also like to officially state that I believe his ban should be reduced. Thank you for your time.

So you told your unti what was happening, you caused the fire fight, causing one of our members to be killed and you feel you shouldnt have been shot for it?? Am I the only one that see no logic in your statement?? Even from a RP point of view? So if you want it from a RP point of view how did you tell your mates? via radio?? you would have been shot PDQ if that the case.

Really he had you at gun point, yes you were disarmed but still YOUR mates opened fire as you stated, because you told them about the situation. If they had of held their fire, you would have lived, your mates would have lived. From an RP point of view you were the cause of one of his mates to get shot, of course he is going to be upset and kill you. What would any other bandit do tickle you??

Regardless 7 days is harsh IMO

There's more than one type of radio communication. Our group in particular uses throat microphone technology. So it was completely feasible that the crew that robbed me didn't hear that I was telling my crew I was being robbed. End of my posts here as I already stated my intentions of how I felt about his ban situation.

After discussing it with Zoarial we've decided to lower the ban to 5 days, putting you on 4 days. This is because you in particular haven't gotten a warning before. This is a roleplaying server, either you role play or I suggest you think about what you want from playing here.

4 day ban to Sikki.

roleplay execution: point gun at head... pull trigger. thats what an execution is right??? simple. sry u didnt enjoy it

If you think thats all there is to properly roleplaying an execution then I suggest you read here.

So you told your unti what was happening, you caused the fire fight, causing one of our members to be killed and you feel you shouldnt have been shot for it??

He didn't TS/mumble us about the robbery. I was literally 20 meters away. i HEARD them SAY in DIRECT.... durrrrrr

Can i still ask a question to the admins here, would you consider it to be a completely legit role play kill if we took a minute to explain to him what the fudge he just did and what it cost us before we shot him? otherwise if that still is punishable i would very much like to know WHAT a role play execution is...the thing is that we have all seen the new rules, but never have any admin explained what it means, we just get banned for not understanding something that never was explained.

I would also say thank you for considering the ban time :)