Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 19:03

Connection Problems Bad version

hey im new to dayzRP and just got accepted and whitelisted. Every time i connect it says i have a bad version. I have updated ARMA 2 and dayzRP to the latest patch available through dayz commander and i have manually updated dayZRP but it still says i have a bad version. If anyone could help me out that would be great :) thank you.

hey Jamie thanks for that i have done what you asked but it has presented me with another issue. IT works thats the good news but the bad news is that whenever i try to play it it loads the connection screen but then goes back to the main menu from where i can not do anything except exit. So im wondering if you have a solution for that :(

Guest Jamie

hey Jamie thanks for that i have done what you asked but it has presented me with another issue. IT works thats the good news but the bad news is that whenever i try to play it it loads the connection screen but then goes back to the main menu from where i can not do anything except exit. So im wondering if you have a solution for that :(

How are you launching the game, what versions display on the home page.

im launching the game using the dayzRP launcher.exe that i downloaded. It was recommended so i used it. and at the bottom right the version it says is 1.62.102678

Guest Jamie

im launching the game using the dayzRP launcher.exe that i downloaded. It was recommended so i used it. and at the bottom right the version it says is 1.62.102678

Does it say DayZRP v1.1.2?

You need to install DayZRP mod.

-

To install the "DayZRP Mod",

1- Download the mod wich can be found here.

2- Install the beta patch "102678" wich can be found here.

3- Copy all the files from @DayZRP. (You should make a back-up of your @DayZ first, just in case)

4- Paste all those files into the @DayZ folder.

5- Start the game in the way you prefer, from DayZ Commander or from the menu.

PS: Also, if you installed DayZRP mod previously, you are required to remove all the files from the previous version before installing the new one or you will get ERRORS.

This is how I do it, it's working.

Yep, you need to take all the file from the @DayZRP addons and paste them into @DayZ addons.

There is also an other way to install it without having to copy/paste.

1- Press DayZCommander shortcut.

2- click on settings.

3- Search for "DayZ Directory", select "Override"

4- Add the path to @DayZRP there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would still sugest the first method since you can play both DayZ/DayZRP without having to change the path or anything, since all the files are in the same addons.

• MVP

EDIT : Kahmul so fast.

EDIT2 : After reading Kahmul's post, I'll add my 2 cents!

If the override doesn't work for some reasons (like it did to me), just merge the DayZRP mod in @DayZ and save your original DayZ somewhere else.

Only bad thing about that is the fact that you'll have to play with folders around the place everytime you will want to play on a public server. BUT you won't have to override anything in DayZ Commander

Step by step :

1: Move your original DayZ files out of the @DayZ folder (or rename the said folder)

2: Move your @DayZRP files in the @DayZ folder (or rename your @DayZRP to @DayZ)

3: If you want to play on an other server, replace the DayZRP addons (which will be located in @DayZ) and move the original DayZ addons in the @DayZ folder.

Renaming those will make things easier. Like right now, I want to play on DayZRP, my folder @DayZ contains DayZRP addons. My @DayZsdadmsak contains my original DayZ mod. If I wanted to play, I'd rename my @DayZ (which contains my DayZRP addons) @DayZRP (or something else, doesn't matter) and I would rename my @DayZsdadmsak to @DayZ.

Hope it could help!

(I know, it's a dumb solution but it worked for me :D)

i have installed it, over ridden the file thing in DayZ commander and still it does not show up as installed in the right hand bottom corner it just says the game version and nothing else... :(

Did you try the first method I told you?

It's supposed to work without having to override the path.

Just take all the files in the addons from @DayZRP (.pbo and .bisign), copy all of them and paste them in the @DayZ addons folder.

I lauch the game from the in game lobby or from DayZ commander.

Click on the server like usual and type the password.

EDIT: I tried with Samuel's launcher and it's working, you can use this without any problems if you installed the DayZRP mod correctly.

• MVP

Just got a PM from the OP, looks like my "I feel dumb of posting this" method works... If anyone gets trouble with it, tell me.

But what it does, it's that it takes the DayZRP addons files and consider them as being the original addons. That being said, you'll only be able to connect to DayZRP with this method. If you want to play on an original DayZ server, you'll have to do the reversed operation!

This is not the usual method and this method is long. But it works. Although, I suggest you (unless you're like me and only play on this server) to get a better one working! (a.k.a Samuel's launcher)

Hope it could help!

@Kahmul : You'll have to help me on "How to install properly my things" If I ever want to go play on a public server! :P

@Kahmul : You'll have to help me on "How to install properly my things" If I ever want to go on a public server! :P

Ahahahah, will do. I'm also learning but I learn fast :P

I don't think waqi is the only one having trouble with this, so like Khardia said, feel free to ask if you are experiencing issues installing/playing the game or the mod itself. It can be hard to understand how to install properly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul e Pocket

I totally understand where you are coming from I have the same problems I have tried all above and none of them work for me.

I cant wait to get on server but every time I try have no luck.

could you guys add the dayZRP mod to dayz commander so we would be able to update and join there because the only one I find on there has 1000 ping and the beta looks out of date.

• 2 weeks later...