Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:45

Funny Story about me today (WARNING: I put pictures up of my injury!)

So today I went to weight lifting for football. This was at 8 this morning. (I'm in the U.S. Eastern time). I've been lifting for two years now so I'm not a noob or anything lol. Anyways I was benching and we were using bands for some extra negative resistance. My coach is spotting me and one of the bands falls off the ring on the bottom. I rack it and my coach leans down to fix it. As he does this the bar comes flying down to hit me in the face. Blood EVERYWHERE. After I get somewhat cleaned up it turns out I have bitten clean through my cheek in 3 places. I spent the next 5 hours at the hospital getting stitches inside my mouth and around it. There's some pretty gruesome pictures that I can post if you'd like to see. (: just thought this would be an interesting story to share!

• Sapphire

Sounds painful. I'll pass on the gruesome pics. But if you do plan on sharing them on here. You should put a warning label on the title of the thread so people that have weak stomachs or are very faint don't come in here.

• MVP

GG

That must have been painful. >_<

Ouch man! That sounds like it sucked... I hope you feel a little better soon (eating must hurt like a b****) :/

I'm on some pain meds now so the pain isn't that bad. Eating is interesting to say the least as I have no control over the right side of my mouth. I should be all good within the week though!

So today I went to weight lifting for football. This was at 8 this morning. (I'm in the U.S. Eastern time). I've been lifting for two years now so I'm not a noob or anything lol. Anyways I was benching and we were using bands for some extra negative resistance. My coach is spotting me and one of the bands falls off the ring on the bottom. I rack it and my coach leans down to fix it. As he does this the bar comes flying down to hit me in the face. Blood EVERYWHERE. After I get somewhat cleaned up it turns out I have bitten clean through my cheek in 3 places. I spent the next 5 hours at the hospital getting stitches inside my mouth and around it. There's some pretty gruesome pictures that I can post if you'd like to see. (: just thought this would be an interesting story to share!

Pics or it didn't happen! Oh man, I remember when I was lifting, since stopped but, damn.... Sorry to hear about it all. Hope it heals up quickly. Luckily inside your mouth, it heals quicker then most parts of your body.

OP delivers! Oh man, that's nasty. Take good care of it and cleaning a lot too. Your saliva is a natural cleaning tool but watch the outside. On a side note, if it scares, you can play out the Joker! "You wanna know how I got these scars...."