Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 03:37

flaming and derogatory comments - 5 points

Guest killsumbud

Guest killsumbud

Appeal before information was supplied.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

This -Snipped- comment

Why the verdict is not fair:

I will be 100% honest and say I don't remember what it was I said in the post that was removed. Of course I remember the gist of the statement. I have asked through multiple means if I could see the comment so I can do a personal review of it and see if this appeal was needed, but found that I could not get a copy without doing this appeal due to internal policy. I do think I mentioned something about the RP/drama at the OP's location was like Green Mountain, but forget the flavor in which it was delivered. I would like the opportunity to explain why the verdict of is not fair after obtaining the requested -snipped- statement or withdrawing my appeal if I feel that it was indeed fair.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I would like to reserve the right to alter this statement after I have been provided with the requested -snipped- statement. I will at this time speak to my mindset at the time of the comment. I was replying to a post that said: "If you don't mind drunken fistfights, a few crazy's and Ivan's terrible driving, its definitely a great place to be.". I think I replied that the location from his description sounded alot like green mountain, and that it seemed to be a good replication of the roleplay that is found at green mountain. I said these things because IC I have visited this place multiple times while the op's party has been there and found it to be "Green Mountainy".

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I hope to receive a copy of the -snipped- statement but ultimately I would like to get the 5 points revoked.

What could you have done better?:

I would like to reserve the right to alter this statement after I have been provided with the requested -snipped- statement. I guess I could withhold all opinions on the forums.

Current Edited Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

This -Snipped- comment

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe that the verdict was unfair because my comment was in the flavor of humor, exaggeration and satire. I don't see how this could be derogatory in the least as it doesn't single out a player, or a group or any specific entity. It is a comment about the location on the map having sub-par interaction for roleplay in my experience. If this comment is derogatory then every comment about Green Mountain having piss poor RP is also derogatory and max warning points should be issued as in my case.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I believe that the community as a whole would agree with me that spontaneous fist fights between people, screaming about the third crusade is being upon us, yelling over each other, and generally acting like maniacs while others try to roleplay is a good description of a) Green Mountain behavior - atleast since I've been a member of the community & b) Badrp. These are the things I personally have seen at this base in the last week. This comment wasn't directed at the original poster of the thread but as a continuance of the comment I replied to. I could have listed all the terrible things I had seen but decided to roll it up into the comment I did make about "essence of GM".

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like the 5 points revoked please.

What could you have done better?:

To be honest, I could have kept my mouth shut, at least on the forums. That probably would have been best, and do as I have been doing, telling people IC that it isn't a safe place due not to the group that is currently holding it down but of the tons of people who pass through it because the group is advertising their location. If the O/P felt injury from my comment about his groups current location then I do apologize to him.

• Emerald

Good morning, killsumbud

While the comment, we can agree, was a tad flaming to the people that continue to play at GM, it wasn't in fact derogatory. We have decided to lower your points to 3 from 5 as such, because it could be seen as a bait for response.

Appeal Accepted.