Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:03

Night time?

JustinTime

• Emerald

With the flare gun added will there be some night time in RP?

• Sapphire

Every time I jump on it's night time. There is more night then day. (Server 2 US) So, there is plenty of night RP.

I'm not too sure what you're asking exactly. If you are asking if there is night time on these servers, then yes, there is indeed. I am not too sure of the specifics of how long it lasts (for how many restarts, that kind of thing), but it is certain that yes, night time is enabled on these servers.

I hope so, nighttime is also amazing in DayZ

Wish it wasn't all greyscale though. It is even worse than it was in Arma 2.

A3 did night time phenomenally, the lights, the shadows, the sky, everything.

I do agree that i love the nigh regardless as it is much more atmospheric

• Emerald

If I'm not mistaken, this is the current setting:

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12. However, due to a few crashes, S3 times has been messed up I think.

• Emerald

Ok I guess the time that I play is during the servers day time. Around 12am EST, because in the ten or so hours I have played I haven't seen night yet.

Since someone else brought it up, I'd like to lodge a complaint about the amount of night time on the servers. It could be a matter of when I log in, but it would appear to be highly skewed towards night over day. I know the request for better time sets has been requested by friends of mine to mods...

This is a beautiful game. Night time is just grey and black tones. Can we get more day than night please?

There is actualy a larger percent of night time than daytime on the servers.

That's all dependant on what time of day you are playing, my good sir. I notice very little nighttime, but had some last night which was awesome.

Since someone else brought it up, I'd like to lodge a complaint about the amount of night time on the servers. It could be a matter of when I log in, but it would appear to be highly skewed towards night over day. I know the request for better time sets has been requested by friends of mine to mods...

This is a beautiful game. Night time is just grey and black tones. Can we get more day than night please?

I disagree.

• Emerald

I thought there was something wrong with my client today but i guess now, there was night time for over 14 hours, i logged out, went to have a Pee and a cigaret, i logged back in and it was sun set, and then it became darker and darker untill it was all grey again.

There is actualy a larger percent of night time than daytime on the servers.

That's all dependant on what time of day you are playing, my good sir. I notice very little nighttime, but had some last night which was awesome.

I disagree.

The US server is habitually night the past two weeks. It feels like the server may glitch, reset, and before a full cycle can complete it sets back to evening. I don't mind night, but a 50/50 split would be nice over the course of the typical player's time frame here (for example, if the only daylight is at 3am central mountain time, that's a waste for most people with standard wake/sleep hours of 8am to midnight.

Unless BI is working on night mechanics I guess, but I doubt it.

• Emerald

So I log on today and it's night lol

• Sapphire

Well Night Time has been a past point of discussion and open arguements about it but the studios have not yet announced the fact that they are working on enhancing their night time graphics/ ambience for example more detailed light system or a street light system (for the obvious reasons that the power has been shut down in all chernarus) but IMO night time in this game is what makes this game oh so more trilling and fun to play in.

Imagine walking (at night) over a large field and you see a large forest you need to go through. Your eyes do adapt to open field's lighting so you can see somewhat far and the moment you enter the forest, your eyes adapt back and everything turns black for a few seconds as then your eyes start adapting to the less lightened surrounding area. And all together with the ability to sneak up on people and/or suprise them makes it thus the more fun to play in night time.

Day and Night cycli are already modified on our private hive and I think that they are perfect the way they are.

• Sapphire

That's the problem.

It is CONSTANTLY night.

In a 24hr period, how much of that 24 hrs on the US server is night? 80%?

What the heck?

Are we saying that the US server is based off of actual timezones, because if that were the case, then it wouldn't have been night when I logged in, in the afternoon. I apologize, but in my opinion might be just a tad bit much.

Either way, something is wrong, as the person who posted stated talking to admin.

"Well the manual says everything is fine, so it's fine." When it's obviously not working properly. ._.

• Emerald

I should be careful for what I ask for lol, I only wanted a little bit of night maybe like 80/20 split.

I have yet to be able to try the servers personally but from what I've played i actually prefer night time. It gives a bit more ambiance to the game and makes it a lot more interesting! It adds a whole different aura to the game play.

That's the problem.

It is CONSTANTLY night.

In a 24hr period, how much of that 24 hrs on the US server is night? 80%?

What the heck?

Are we saying that the US server is based off of actual timezones, because if that were the case, then it wouldn't have been night when I logged in, in the afternoon. I apologize, but in my opinion might be just a tad bit much.

Either way, something is wrong, as the person who posted stated talking to admin.

"Well the manual says everything is fine, so it's fine." When it's obviously not working properly. ._.

Not off timezones, just logically, if you have a US marketshare you make a US server for, one would think that with 4 time zones in North America between the east and west coasts (I am not including Alaska, Hawaii, & territories as most people in the US and Canada are within the 48 states) you would hope the server in-game clock would be sync'd with perhaps the dead center time zone (central/mountain?) to try and make it as close to normal as possible.

That is, if the server clock runs on a 24 hour cycle.

If the server clock has a day/night cycle of something a bit more hurried, like say compressing 24 hours into 12, or 8, then obviously you are going to have different mechanics going on that ignore what time most people are awake to play. I have no problem with that concept at all. But if that is what we have, it is still flat out broken because the ratio of day hrs to night hours that we are experiencing is still horribly wrong.

That leaves option 3 - manual clock setting by a designated person by the admins to set the clock to the appropriate time on any restart. I suspect that this is what is really going on. The person/people doing this probably have some form of standing order to set the in game clock, after every server crash or restart, to say 1800 hours - early evening. So if the server crashes or restarts several times in real life during the day, and the server gets reset to 1800 hours, each time, 8 solid hours of in game time can run by in complete darkness, a crash occurs, then another 8 hour run of darkness, a reset occurs, another 8 hour block of night... infinitum.

So we get treated to DayzRP Night time server. Some of the mods appear to be aware there is an issue and will try to help out by resetting the servers for us on request to an earlier time, but my experience last night left me with a strong desire to see some more permanent change occur.

Mods, admins, Rolle.... HELP! I want to see the sun again. My toon is growing mushrooms on his forehead.

And for anyone thinking I give a pooh about the night optics, it has nothing to do with that. I don't want to adjust my gamma, my monitor, or anything else. Personally I am a fan of rping with lights,, or why did I stick this ridiculous torch on my forehead?

I've been home recovering from surgery since Thursday. So I have been playing on the US server at all hours of the day for the last 4 days. It's been night the whole time, or as my friend and I have been calling it:

Fifty Shades of GreyZRP