Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:02

Green Mountain and the Problems

Recently, I have been looking through report discussions/formal reports. Most of all the reports are at Green Mountain, which clearly means this is a LARGE problem. Most of the reports I have seen are KoS, Trolling, and BadRP in a RP Server. This clearly shows a massive issue, and it needs to be monitored and dealt with.

This is clearly a very big problem, and this really does bring away great role players to not even go around that area because it usually leads to problems or them even being killed. If this is what is being shown on the RP servers and the type of RP that goes on there, then that is clearly a bad image.

I myself even went there to review the scene, and it was very hard to watch and witness. The amount of trolling I have seen is terrible so I decided never to go there again and to stay away from that area completely due to this and the other incidents happening. I for sure do not want to go there and get killed right as I walk up and end up stop playing the game from these things.

Now, on to what WE can do. One suggestion which is probably not going to work is to stay away from Green Mountain completely. This could avoid these problems and eventually people may ditch Green Mountain for good and not even go there anymore. But, the negative is the massive influx of players which make this impossible as they will eventually go there thus, not working really at all.

Another suggestion is to have players go there, and maybe record the whole green mountain RP session and spot any trolls or people trying to KoS others and try to get them out of our community. This is a bit more of a harder one, as it is very over crowded and hard to spot who is which in these cases. But, it will take time to get the names of such people. But this will benefit to try to remove these players from the server who provide a toxic presence and try to destroy the image of the server. On to the next one now.

And the last and final suggestion of what I can think of is this, have staff go there and see what actually goes on up there. As it will be really hard to stand, because of all the rule breaks going on and all the problems. Maybe they can record and use go on their judgement and remove said rulebreakers and to have this fixed once and for all. This could really help as they can overlook the events happening and to try to fix the role play that is happening there and try to help out the server more by removing the negative influence.

On to the reports at Green Mountain, here are the list of very many reports. I will not have them all as there are far too many to list.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s2-us-kos-at-green-mountain-after-compliance

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-bad-rp-trolling-in-green-mountain

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s2-kos-green-mountain--57328

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-eu1-green-mountain-18-15gmt-killed-following-compliance-full-video-evidence

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-rp2-kos-in-green-mountain-24-01-2015-18-46

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-green-mountain-21-01-2015

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-combat-logging-green-mountain-eu

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-kos-bad-rp-at-green-mountain-meta-gaming-bad-rp-and-lying-in-a-report

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-nvfl-near-green-mountain-pulkovo

Those are some reports which have been moved to the formal section, and I am very upset as there are quite a few specifically at Green Mountain. This is really appalling of which is going on and things HAVE to be done to stop this all. I am sure I have the same opinion as many community members on Green Mountain, and this is the hotspot for rulebreakers and people do not tend to avoid this area as it is basically at the center of the map. Also, take a look for yourself at the report discussion/Formal Reports and see how many reports are actually happening up there. And the numbers are horrid.

Notice on who broke the rules, and the people who broke the rules are people who actually just joined. This shows a issue in the process of people joining and shows how they roleplay here. I feel as if they are coming from other communities and thinking DayZRP is the exact same as Arma 3 life. The reason I bring up Arma 3 life is because it is a very popular mod and known to have many trolls. This could be possible as where they are coming from, and maybe we can have a warning that states this server is very serious and is not like other RP servers? Anyways that is merely a suggestion to this topic.

Now, I would like to see quite a few opinions on this topic as it is a rather important one and reflects the server as a whole. Hopefully we can put a stop to this with the little logs we have and remove these rulebreakers from the community.

TL;DR - We need to fix what is happening here, and to help the server out by fixing these issues here at GM, as it is a very bad image and problem for the server. The amount of problems what happens there is horrendous and needs to be stopped. Hopefully by using this thread as a problem solver, we can provide the help needed to bring this to a stop.

• Sapphire

This is a common problem, it has happened before, for example Prud.

Not much else you can do then report.

I think it will die off when the logs arrive.

But this is a problem which is indeed a very large one. Probably even more bigger than Prud to be honest. Prud had a lot of players go to there and had a large influx of people learning about the place.

But the problem with this, is that the people who usually go there are people who just joined and trying to create problems which harm the server and destroy the image. It is having a very big impact on people already. Green Mountain has probably more than 100 people there going in throughout the day there. And these people are mostly rulebreaks causing harm to players by via, KoSing trolling and etc.

Green Mountain is a terrible place to be in. Bad RP, Trolls, KoS, Hackers (when there is one). Can't wait for logs!

The thing that mostly disturbs me is the damn people that can't say hello!

As soon as I enter it (a few times I went), all I get for greetings is:

"Do you have this mag?" "Do you have this gun?" DO HAVE GEAR FOR ME?!!!!

Come on people, learn to say hello and greet people. Every single time someone asked me something up there, I said I didn't have it when I did and chose to not give it away purely because of the terrible greet I had.

Another point is that it's a place of PULSE CHECK spamfest! All people do is run up in your face, not say a word, check pulse and leave to the next guy. That stuff bothers the heck out of me. Why can't they be subtle when they do it and say something like "Hello what's your name stranger?" *shakes hand*

I really don't get it... ruins it totally for me!

• Emerald

Well, the server population has gone up very much so since Prud was a thing, so of course the number of reports will be going up as there are 3 servers with a very steady player count. Wherever people flock to, there will be reports. If everyone were to just decide to leave Green Mountain one day, a new area would surface, and then people would go there, and there would be reports. TBH I don't go to Green Mountain very much so I don't know what it is like there right now, only what it was like when I last went there about a month ago.

• Sapphire

The people trading isn't an issue. It's supposed to act as a trade post, right? It makes sense that you hear a bunch of people swapping items when you show up. Go to any real world bazaar and you'll hear a cacophony of voices all bargaining and trading.

The issue is the rulebreakers.

Well, the server population has gone up very much so since Prud was a thing, so of course the number of reports will be going up as there are 3 servers with a very steady player count. Wherever people flock to, there will be reports. If everyone were to just decide to leave Green Mountain one day, a new area would surface, and then people would go there, and there would be reports. TBH I don't go to Green Mountain very much so I don't know what it is like there right now, only what it was like when I last went there about a month ago.

That new area is going to be the prison island ;)

The people trading isn't an issue. It's supposed to act as a trade post, right? It makes sense that you hear a bunch of people swapping items when you show up. Go to any real world bazaar and you'll hear a cacophony of voices all bargaining and trading.

Exactly, the issue isn't the trading, its all the rule breakers. Nothing else. The rule breakers need to be removed from the community as they blatantly do it disregarding the rules and not caring for the server. This needs to come to an end and needs to be monitored. The issue should be on high priority.

Yeah but there's an RP way to trade too let's not forget. You don't just walk up to guy asking "Do you have this and that" then leave your face if you say no. Can't even say hello, 0% RP all about the gear!

However bad Prud became, it never got this out of control. With the sheer amount of new players coming in who have little to no clue what is expected of them this is bound to happen.

Guest killsumbud

<-- Newer person.

Just wanted to qualify that before I say what I say. Most of the Dec/Jan players that were whitelisted are terrible. They are either not here for rp or they do not have a firm understanding of what rp is. They get bored quickly and start playing the game like they would on regular servers, and just never relax enough to let real rp development happen. It is tiresome to try to interact with these people and they flock to the airfields, GM, Novy, or anywhere else that is mentioned alot of the forums. I try to avoid these places. It is some kind of mob mentality. I met a person in the street last night and he was polite, then again NE airport and he was a complete shitstorm in a room of shitstorms. I dont know what to do about it, just agreeing there is a problem.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I went around there once cuz I wanted to see what was going on while I was travelling to Zelenogorsk because of a rumor of traders and one "doctor" said that we all had the virus, he tested it on babies, which I asked him how he got these babies he didn't even respond to it, and he gave me some cure and when I said *Injects syringe* (cuz it was full of blood) he was surprised that I took it. Annoyances around there

The main problem I always see when it comes to "areas of interest" is they are always plastered all over the forums for reason X-Y-Z and people immediately meta game and go running straight over because they want RP without RPing.(not all the time but it seems like a plausible explanation no?)

Speaking on that now I see why TP will never come back. If people can stfu about a particular spot and not expose it all over the forums then maybe the trolls wont know where to go. I personally never went to GM in dayzRP but from what is gathered its just like TP just no "official server rules" for it. :-/ I for one think as a community we can curve this and get things right.

Badrp is a virus.

Starts with one newbie fucking around and doing bad RP at a populated area(GM).

Then the other newbies just monkey see monkey do at that point, until it's a place where RP is just non existent.

I've been there; typed in chat, people just metagamed my name, and even though I was typing, the person still went "Why arn't you talking?" (As in, why I'm not talking over VOIP)

It's just a virus that goes from one newbie to the other, until they all either; get banned, or realize their mistakes, it probably won't change, for a very, very long time.

People who come to Dayzrp are typically impatient, and don't immerse their self into RP(Hell. I'm guilty as charged when I first joined). I metagamed where Prud was back when I first joined in February. But back then, there were two differences:

1. There were a lot of vets who knew how to RP at Prud.

-Now adays, Veterans are leaving due to the influx of new members and the changing of the community. They see the badrp, some attempt to solve it, some just avoid it, either they get nowhere with the help, or they just never see anyone to rp with, as everyone is at GM.

2. I ASKED FOR HELP FROM VETERANS WHEN I FIRST JOINED

-I got involved in the forums pretty quickly after getting whitelisted

-I had several staff and older members of the community help me.

-I joined a group that seemed very accepting and helped me learn how to RP better in a friendly environment (Even if they did get rekt in firefights, #BoS4lyfe)

• Sapphire

I agree.

• MVP

This.

Most populated area will of course have most reports, it's simple causality. KOS/RDM will all but die off once logs arrive and badRP is always around, it was in the mod, it is in standalone. We can't do anything to stop it without people reporting it.

You want to help and get rid of places like GM is becoming?

Go record and report these bad RPers and they will either learn to fix it or be removed. Simple

• MVP

If i may add my 2 cents into this..

I don't think it is a mystery at all about Green Mountain being a Dice Roll for your life. (which as an RP server every person should value their life above all other things!!!) Fact of the matter is that Admins and Moderators cant just join a server for the sake of babysitting any given location, and they shouldn't either! They have enough weight on their shoulders already just keeping this community running smooth, reviewing several hundreds of new applicants every month, tidying the forums, resolving player reports and all in all just keeping everyone happy! So when a member of staff joins the RP server, they're joining it for no other reason than to be like us! They want to play and interact with others and have a good time WITHOUT the worry of what each and every person is doing around Chernarus. For all any of you know, you could have met and interacted with members of staff IG already!

This is where OUR responsibility comes into play.. We as the community members should always be pro-active and file WELL DETAILED REPORTS of any wrong doing incidents that we encounter. Everyone is encouraged to record their game play and until we are able to have LOGS, there is no better evidence of bad rp / hacking / kos than having solid video footage of the people doing it. The more pro-active WE are about the bad experiences we encounter, the more effective the STAFF can be about removing the baddies from our happy community. We need each other. :)

Over all, i don't feel that we should do anything specific about green mountain or any other problem area for that matter. Just always be aware of what is going on around you and if you feel there is something or someone out of place...

REPORT IT!

It might remove a lot yes, however, it still seems like many are just here to register, then they head on in to go troll or ravage around. It´s a general lack of understanding all the way from the start what the server is about.

Kind of hard as well to get feedback or even to try and give advice to many since they just register, and are never seen here again until they end up in a report.

I joined recently ^ that post is a little unfair. I have not been reported for anything and actually agree with most things being said. My character has avoided GM since my one visit there. I RP my avoidance as it is filled with lunatics who appear more dangerous than the walkers.

It also appears there are many implications in this thread that newer players can't RP as well as vets.. Really? Sweeping statements anyone?

I just want to get something other than "killing" out of this game. I can do that in other games. To me it's not about "new" or "veteran" players - it's more about the reasons people are playing Dayz.

There are many vets and new players alike who really only want to shoot other people. Anything else is just filler to them - including RP.

As for visiting higher pop areas - it's logical if i want to RP of course - It might be nice to RP a lonely hunter in the North of the map, avoiding all players but it soon gets pretty boring...

• Emerald

It quite simple. Green mountain is a hub where many new players go. The new players have experienced very little RP, so they do not know quite what to expect yet. When you have a bunch of inexperienced players trying to RP, it is very easy for things to get out of hand.

If one player decides to set the tone in a trolly manner, it is likely that others may join in, taking this as the manner in which people should RP.

Just like Prud back during the mod, this behavior can be contagious in many cases. It is up to players to recognize this, and try to either steer it back on track, or at a minimum refrain from encouraging it.

I joined recently ^ that post is a little unfair. I have not been reported for anything and actually agree with most things being said. My character has avoided GM since my one visit there. I RP my avoidance as it is filled with lunatics who appear more dangerous than the walkers.

It also appears there are many implications in this thread that newer players can't RP as well as vets.. Really? Sweeping statements anyone?

I just want to get something other than "killing" out of this game. I can do that in other games. To me it's not about "new" or "veteran" players - it's more about the reasons people are playing Dayz.

There are many vets and new players alike who really only want to shoot other people. Anything else is just filler to them - including RP.

As for visiting higher pop areas - it's logical if i want to RP of course - It might be nice to RP a lonely hunter in the North of the map, avoiding all players but it soon gets pretty boring...

Hello and welcome then.

If you haven't been reported, that awesome. However, many of the recent joiners have, and have been banned. Is that a reflection of all new gamers? No it´s not.

About not being able to play vets. Sure, this as well does not go for everyone, but when you have met your 30´th or so ultra marine death sniper seal, it kind of get´s to a point where you are just out of energy and the immersion is broken one too many times. Perhaps why the recent members are being seen more with these issues, is that they are monitored more than the old members. However, old members do mistakes as well.

As said, raising the age limit is one aspect that might tweak the problem, but it will not entirely solve it. Is it fair, well no not to 100%, but tweaks are needed now and then, and the fact is that there are people playing parts they should not be playing and there are people that should know better than to behave as they do.

Last about playing a veteran.

It´s not an age thing per say. It´s life experience and the ability to roleplay a professionalism to the military lifestyle or to what you are portraying. Some people do not even have the basic knowledge about what branch they served in even, and with issues like that, how can a player like that put forth a reasonable and credible roleplay for others?

About not being able to play vets. Sure, this as well does not go for everyone, but when you have met your 30´th or so ultra marine death sniper seal, it kind of get´s to a point where you are just out of energy and the immersion is broken one too many times. Perhaps why the recent members are being seen more with these issues, is that they are monitored more than the old members. However, old members do mistakes as well.

I would agree with this except that certain large established groups are more geared than any military unit I have ever been a part of. This dominoes to the point that those un-grouped characters who want to RP a military character realistically are looking like civilians with their SKS.

Then you have the hat issue where certain groups are identified mostly by them to a point where you can't even wear one without the accusation, now there is immersion breaking. Oh you have a x beret on, you are in so and so, get on the ground you cannibal...I can't wait till we get arm bands...