Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:58

Custom Skins?

• MVP

Remnant of the mod I'm afraid :) I miss my Merc skins.

• Emerald

This was a mod thing and does not exist in SA. Maybe when mod support comes out for standalone they will add some donation features like this.

• MVP

Custom skins are not possible for SA yet, it's a holdover from the mod.

Eventually once we can mod we will likely add some IG perks for donators but for now it's only forum stuff

/solved

Guest Vittoria

I wish there were custom skins in standalone or at least bieng able to give your character different features.

Soon™

Any source on this?

No, its just common sense it will probably happen in the next few months.

Well, I mean as in spawning items for your character.

Soon™

Any source on this?

No, its just common sense it will probably happen in the next few months.

Well, I mean as in spawning items for your character.

I'm not sure i follow. Common sense? The reason we had custom skins in the mod is because Arma 2 allowed use to.

DayZ is a completely different game, and the clothing items are actually in-game items instead of skins like in the mod. They would have to be implemeted either by the dev team, or by the community when they allow modding (which i'm not so sure they will any time soon)

Ah yeah the good ole skin days :)

Man it would be great to be able to spawn in with just the clothing that my character wears :)

Black Cowboy Hat.

Aviator Glasses.

Blue Check Shirt.

Black Jeans.

Black Hiking Boots.

The biggest problem with spawning with clothes and gear is that these some clothes are warmer than other and some have more inventory space. If we should have spawned start gear, it needs to be a few sets that does not give anyone the upper hand to avoid issues or arguments.

The biggest problem with spawning with clothes and gear is that these some clothes are warmer than other and some have more inventory space. If we should have spawned start gear, it needs to be a few sets that does not give anyone the upper hand to avoid issues or arguments.

Perhaps when the modders get a green light, they could design clothes that don't give any advantages in terms of slots or warmth.

Like, the t-shirts from the dayzrp mod fall to mind.

Xb8XITw.jpg

jCNZvQR.jpg

Perhaps when the modders get a green light, they could design clothes that don't give any advantages in terms of slots or warmth.

Like, the t-shirts from the dayzrp mod fall to mind.

Xb8XITw.jpg

jCNZvQR.jpg

Dayum looks really good in my opinion, would donate 10/10