Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 18:24

KoS rights - Whitelistapplication

TBird197

Hello Community.

I'm new on DayZRP and I'm not whitelisted yet. I've send 2 applications and got rejected 2 times because of the KoS rule. I really tried to do it right and I want to play so badly on the DayZRP server. So if someone maybe can read the text I wrote below and tells me if it's good or it's not that good. I would be really happy about some answers.

My KoS rule text:

The KoS rules disallowes the players to kill each other by simply by seeing each other. You are only allowed to kill someone, if there are good roleplay-reasons. You are allowed to take other players as a hostage, only within some rules.

- You are only allowed to declare a hostile action after you've contacted the victim. You have to make your declaration clear in a way that the victim is able to understand that the victim will be taken as a hostage. After that you have to give your victim orders. If the victim refuses to cooperate or refuses to accept that, I am allowed to kill the victim. Only if it were the intentions of the hostage/victim.

- If a robber takes a hostage, he has to care for the victim. The robber has to give food, water, medicine etc. to the victim and make sure that the victim is at a good health. The robber has also protect the victim from threats like zombies.

- If the hostile situation is over the robber has to make sure that he leaves the victim with a realistic chance to survive. (enough food, enough water, enough medicine)

- If someone take me as a hostage I am allowed to take revenge in the next 2 hours after the hostile action started. But if I take revenge, the revenge isn't allowed to break the other rules. I am also not allowed to bait other players in a hostile situation so that I'm allowed to revenge me afterwards.

- There are some situations where i share the KoS rights:

If I am within 500m range while a hostile situation starts and I was recently a part of the involved parties group.

Example1: Me and my friend are travelling together, we split up to check different houses when suddenly my friend gets robbed. If I am within a 500m range at that moment I am allowed to kill the robber.

Example2: If I am in Teamspeak, Skype or some other communicationprograms with my friend and we are at different places. Then he gets robbed and I would run to the location where my friend is taken as a hostage. In this situation I have no KoS rights and have to make sure to contact the robber and initiate on the robber.

Is it possible that you could post the original two that got rejected? It would make it easier to detect any flaws in this one by comparing it to the original 2

The KoS rules disallowes the players to kill each other by simply by seeing each other. You are only allowed to kill someone, if there are good roleplay-reasons. You are allowed to take other players as a hostage, only within some rules.

First off, do not put it in bulleted points. Use paragraph form. It tends to flow better. Youre first paragraph might be on KoS and then the second on Robbery and the third on hostages and so on and so forth.

I wouldnt say 'disallow' or 'simply by seeing each other'. It doesnt sound professional. You should put something more along the lines of the rule states that you cant kill another player until blablabla (Im not trying to be too specific because in the end this has to be your words and not mine) The econd sentence is pretty good, but i think that you should elaborate more on 'roleplay reasons' and give an example or two. Once you are finished with KoS, start a new paragraph on robbery or hostages.

(I will be back. I have to get my windshield replaced)

In other words, just write it like you would a school paper dude. You wouldnt put examples at the end or put it in bullet point form.

Thanks for the answer! I don't have the first two, because I forgot so save them. Sorry. But I'll write a new one later. I'll try to write it like I'm in school again. :D

exactly lol write it like youre in school. Except this should be more fun

• Emerald

One thing that perhaps would be overlooked but I feel I should comment on.

You have said "- If someone take me as a hostage I am allowed to take revenge in the next 2 hours after the hostile action started"

You infact have 2 hours from the moment the hostile action ends.

For example if someone initiates on you , your captured and tortured...whatever. Soon as they release you from their care you then from that moment have 2 hours to use your revenge rights.

RP has to come into question here also. It would be bad RP/ruleplay over roleplay for example if someone initiated on your thinking you were an enemy , but in the end clearing it up with you and giving you back any supplies they took. To which you both play together nice for an hour and a half but you decide 'oh wait iv got kos rights' and you decide to use it and kill him although through RP it was resolved.

Thank you guys for the answers. I wrote a new KoS Rule text and I guess that the new one good enough. :)

The only thing I failed with was the KoS rule.

"Your application has been accepted."

Thanks guys!!! You helped me a lot! :)

• MVP

Congrats on the whitelist...welcome aboard. You ask for help and the community obliges, that's what makes the community so good.

• Emerald

Grats on the whitelist TBird.

//Ill marking question as solved.