Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 11:40

Permission to post in forum sections.

Grihm

I was wondering if we could have an option in each user account to, by our own choosing mark forum sections that we do not want to be able to post in.

Recently i happened to post in another members ban appeal. This was my mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. I would really like to be able to mark sections i do not have any reason to post in by my own choosing. Mistakes do happen and if this was added, it´s up to one and each if one wants to make use of that function. I know i have had the option when i have modded forums in the past to do similar settings like this, but i do not know if this forum is created equally.

• Sapphire

I think that you should be more aware about where you are posting instead of having an option to do that for you. Usually each forum as a header that then tells you where you are and what it's under.

Dayzrp.com>Support>Ban Appeals.

Don't have to worry the points will eventually go away. So, next time have a look around. Because some times trying to help in the wrong area can get you in trouble.

Mistakes happen.

And warning points expire.

Yes that´s very true, but still it would feel good to be able to secure some parts more by your own choosing. Me personally, i am very weighted down by any form of warnings since i do blow it out of proportions in my own mind, so i have always been open to layers of security to prevent what i can.

I was wondering if we could have an option in each user account to, by our own choosing mark forum sections that we do not want to be able to post in.

Recently i happened to post in another members ban appeal. This was my mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. I would really like to be able to mark sections i do not have any reason to post in by my own choosing. Mistakes do happen and if this was added, it´s up to one and each if one wants to make use of that function. I know i have had the option when i have modded forums in the past to do similar settings like this, but i do not know if this forum is created equally.

I feel ya. I followed your little slip up and felt some feature should be in place as well.

Rather than completely limiting a whole forum section though, why not have a little warning go off like, "You are posting in a ban appeal forum, if you haven't been asked by an admin, do not post here or risk getting warning points or banned. Do you wish to continue with your post", and have this pop off every time you hit 'post reply' in those kinds of sections?

...But only if this is a feasible option software-wise...otherwise if it is too difficult or hard to implement, then the onus should be on the user then.

• Emerald

Mistakes happen.

And warning points expire.

This

It's fairly easy not to make this mistake, considering most users are never warned for this. The ban is only adds 10% which expires in a month (pending no other infractions), so it barely scratches ones warning level.

I see no reason for an additional feature, just be mindful where one posts.

• MVP

-Snip-

How did you accidentally post in ban appeals? It's a minor thing and I think and like many have said, it's more hassle then it's worth :/. Just preview the post and double check before you post .

-Snip-

How did you accidentally post in ban appeals? It's a minor thing and I think and like many have said, it's more hassle then it's worth :/. Just preview the post and double check before you post .

When i work online and have forums open etc, i do regularly have 20 - 30 windows open on any given time. At this point i had been reading up on the report section, general section and a few other as well and they were all open at once. In this case, i happened to leave the appeal section open and when i sat down to write a, in my mind attempt to help another member to just get another input on why his reported feature was delayed, it happened to go the way it went :/

In all my life on all forums, this is basically my second ever "warning" or such so for me this is extremely fresh and perhaps the reason why i take it so hard as i do. Any form of warning is evidence i have done something wrong or broken a set rule, and personally in my book that´s a big thing.

I did my appeal and i respect the outcome, but i do wish i could have an option to make sure it cannot happen again nonetheless. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I feel ya. I followed your little slip up and felt some feature should be in place as well.

Rather than completely limiting a whole forum section though, why not have a little warning go off like, "You are posting in a ban appeal forum, if you haven't been asked by an admin, do not post here or risk getting warning points or banned. Do you wish to continue with your post", and have this pop off every time you hit 'post reply' in those kinds of sections?

...But only if this is a feasible option software-wise...otherwise if it is too difficult or hard to implement, then the onus should be on the user then.

Yeah it is what it is, but it´s nothing one can do really. Sadly the report happened very fast so there was not even any time to see it and "snip" it as people usually do, as when accidentally posting after a thread have been made formal.

Thank you for the idea on the software bud. *Noted*

• Sapphire

Ultimately, this just boils down to paying attention to where you're posting. As Terra pointed out, you knew you were posting in an appeal because you outright confirmed it.

I've received numerous warnings for posting where I shouldn't. I used to have a nasty habit of posting in formal reports because I thought they were discussions. I learned to check very thoroughly before posting.

Ultimately, this just boils down to paying attention to where you're posting. As Terra pointed out, you knew you were posting in an appeal because you outright confirmed it.

I've received numerous warnings for posting where I shouldn't. I used to have a nasty habit of posting in formal reports because I thought they were discussions. I learned to check very thoroughly before posting.

As i posted to Terra in PM since i got no chance of replying to her question, i reacted towards a member bumped his appeal 3 times, sadly not that he bumped just that, an appeal. What´s done is done but please, don´t try and make it sound like it was on purpose or such actions by calling it "outright confirmation".