Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:10

Posted in the wrong section

Grihm

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-baned-then-unbaned-then-baned?pid=983690#pid983690

Why the verdict is not fair:

I can see the reason for why i got the three points, but i am just explaining what happened. I was actually under the assumption i was in the report section and not in the appeal section. I am very aware that only the poster of each appeal may post there, so it was only by mistake that i happened to post there instead.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

As many people seem to keep posting and bumping appeals and / or reports, it´s a common action from members to assist and provide information when they can. At this point since the OP had bumped his appeal three times or such, i attempted to assist in giving him an extra piece of feedback to understanding that his bumping will not make it go faster.

Staff is filled as it is with enough bumps and unnecessary extra posting, that really is explained in the rules and information texts, so as i said, it happens that members do help to try and take some of the load of the backs of staff.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

If possible i would like to have the points removed due to a simple mistake, and especially since i have 0 points behind me and i would like to keep my record clean.

What could you have done better?:

I could have noticed that i was in the wrong forums section and not been posting in another members Ban appeal. This since i only had information on a regular base to add, and not a post specific or event specific informative addition.

• Legend

Hi Grihm

I know you only wanted to "assist" and help the community, but there is a difference between Ban appeals and report discussions. While in report discussion everyone is allowed to help and give an opinion, only Gamemasters and Admins are allowed to post in Ban appeals.

You posted in an ban appeal and got points for it. It is on you to know where you post at. Maybe check once more in which section you are before you hit "post".

7752e1223f.png

The fact that you posted in the wrong section by mistake is not a reason to get the points removed.

I am also confused by your statement. First you say you wanted to post in the Report discussion section, but your post shows clearly that you were aware of in which section you posted in.

99ad3db437.jpg

You wanted to 'assist' with repeating the information that two staff members had already said to the member.

You recieved 3 points, which is standard for a rulebreak like this.

Outcome:

Appeal denied. Points will stay.