Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:04

Server Reforms

My view, shared by others, is that at present, there are several issues on the server that could do with some reforms to improve them.

1. Whitelist Applications

The current issue from what I see is that it is exceptionally inefficent. While it is difficult to infer the roleplaying ability of someone from a single application, it does not require a great deal of effort to speed this process up.

Suggestion to improve it: Have a group of prominent RP'ers to deal with applications on a permanant basis. This should speed up applications, allow admins more time to manage more important issues, and hopefully keep the system working without the delays and waits that are common at present.

2. The Rules.

The present rules are very bad. While they are an improvement over the "old" rules, there are several loopholes that I can see from reading them, let alone attempting to exploit them in-game. However, the more pressing issue is that there will be scenario's that are not covered in the rules.

Suggestion: Develop a simplier system of rules without the contradictions of the present rules. Writing this, I have the obvious conflict between rules #1 and #3 in mind. Clarification is drasticly needed.

3. Consistency

A past problem with the server was that the judegements passed down by various admins over a extended period of time would not be consistent enough, with punishments ranging from one extreme to the other for what was superficaly the same breach of the rules. This directly resulted in fustration and resentment, and was overall detrimental to the community.

Suggestion: Develop a thread whereby all past judgements handed down are collected and organzied into various sections depending on the breach. This will allow both a benchmark for evaluating punishments as well as a reference for admins handing down punishments after a extended period of time.

• Emerald

My view, shared by others, is that at present, there are several issues on the server that could do with some reforms to improve them.

The current issue from what I see is that it is exceptionally inefficent. While it is difficult to infer the roleplaying ability of someone from a single application, it does not require a great deal of effort to speed this process up.

Suggestion to improve it: Have a group of prominent RP'ers to deal with applications on a permanant basis. This should speed up applications, allow admins more time to manage more important issues, and hopefully keep the system working without the delays and waits that are common at present.

2. The Rules.

The present rules are very bad. While they are an improvement over the "old" rules, there are several loopholes that I can see from reading them, let alone attempting to exploit them in-game. However, the more pressing issue is that there will be scenario's that are not covered in the rules.

Suggestion: Develop a simplier system of rules without the contradictions of the present rules. Writing this, I have the obvious conflict between rules #1 and #3 in mind. Clarification is drasticly needed.

3. Consistency

A past problem with the server was that the judegements passed down by various admins over a extended period of time would not be consistent enough, with punishments ranging from one extreme to the other for what was superficaly the same breach of the rules. This directly resulted in fustration and resentment, and was overall detrimental to the community.

Suggestion: Develop a thread whereby all past judgements handed down are collected and organzied into various sections depending on the breach. This will allow both a benchmark for evaluating punishments as well as a reference for admins handing down punishments after a extended period of time.

The 1st part, the crew would be flawed, because to allow them to accept applications and get them whitelisted, you would need more people with admin controls, the more people with admin CP access, the more problems that occur with no known fix. True statement btw.

the 2nd part, good idea, and we have been asking for it for awhile. And as for the 3rd part. Same thing as the 2nd part pretty much and is redundant

2. The Rules.

3. Consistency

The 1st part, the crew would be flawed, because to allow them to accept applications and get them whitelisted, you would need more people with admin controls, the more people with admin CP access, the more problems that occur with no known fix. True statement btw.

the 2nd part, good idea, and we have been asking for it for awhile. And as for the 3rd part. Same thing as the 2nd part pretty much and is redundant

I assume there are checks that already exist so that admins can be accountable for their actions? If so, it is simply a case of making sure the Application team do not overstep their authority.

A additional solution would be to seperate the application process part of the admin CP and assign to to a user-group based around applications. How easy this could be is not known, but it could not be overly complex.

As is stands, both would be preferable and benefical to the present inefficency.