Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:44

Application Failed (NLR/KoS)

Maxime

Hey there, got my application rejected for the following reasons :

"The NLR explanations were incorrect or not sufficiently explored: Zone/Time you can not enter after death, Metagame. The KoS explanations were incorrect or not sufficiently explored: Hostage care. How you can share KoS rights."

Here's my explanation of the rules :

NLR : NLR is a rule that keeps the RP realistic, it allows someone to die in game without killing his character forever.

When you die, you lose the memories linked to your death (which means that if you see your killer, you can't be hostile towards him and start shooting him down), you still have the knowledge prior that event such as your friends/groups,

places you visited and of course your personality. It allows to not make it as if you were ressurected.

To keep the RP going, you can't come back to where your body lies for 90minutes minimum and you must keep it at a distance of at least 1km.

Passed that time, you can't disturb nor loot from your body and the bodies that are linked to the event of your death.

KoS : The KoS rule is a rule that prevents mindless/unjustified killing, you have to initiate contact with the target before taking any hostile actions against it.

You must confirm that the target has acknowledge your presence (for example : by simply responding to you or making a hand gesture) and make the target understand your intentions by explicitly declaring them

(ex : I'm hungry you see, and my taste buds tell me that you're gonna make a fine dinner/ My rifle will do the talking !),

take no risks when it comes to make your point, be loud/angry if needed. The target must hear your demands and be warned about the outcome of his actions.

You can't kill the victim if he is complying or you have no good reason to execute them

(good reasons being RP reasons like : Victim killed half of your group, in this half was your best friend and the girl you had a crush on), and if you're a Bandit,

you must take care of your victims/hostages and provide them food/medicine as well as defending them from potential threats (ex : You handcuffed someone and bandits/zombies are attacking you,

you can't leave the hostage without good RP reasons and must defend him).

If someone could give me some advices I'll be thankful !

• Sapphire

In the KoS you forget to mention the timer towards hostile action made against you.

In the KoS you forget to mention that if you let your hostage go, you must leave them with a realistic chance of survival.

In the NLR you forget to mention that server restarts don't affect your 90min timer.

In the NLR you forget to mention that you are not allowed to announce that you've died, who your killers were, and where you've died.

I suggest reading over the rules and make sure you understand everything. You have to show you know what the rules are trying to tell you and you have to show everything in your own words.

Maxime..no...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!...whelp...

okay, I am not super rule guy, but will try to help, and hopefully others will fill in what I missed...

NLR

Passed that time, you can't disturb nor loot from your body and the bodies that are linked to the event of your death.

I would say that this sentence is inaccurate, if you read it from the start you will see why.

So, other than including a little more about the rules from the examples you left out, and maybe an example of how you would RP the situation yourself if you died...

KoS

You can't kill the victim if he is complying or you have no good reason to execute them

Or maybe use a different word...they are very hardcore about one word changing the meaning of a sentence...

And I hope you don't take revenge on the people who didn't accept your application, because revenge would be bad in this case...Especially if you don't know who it was that denied your application that you would want to take revenge on...

Also, there is something you maybe shouldn't do...cough cough...

So if something went down with a friend of yours, and he was initiated on...It's too bad you can't do anything to help...unless if there was a way to help...like a very specific way, maybe even like a couple things that could let you help...and if there was, I am sure you would be careful to word it appropriately too!

Hope these, erm...hints...help...good luck! Also hope I am not missing anything...

Maxime..no...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!...whelp...

okay, I am not super rule guy, but will try to help, and hopefully others will fill in what I missed...

NLR

I would say that this sentence is inaccurate, if you read it from the start you will see why.

So, other than including a little more about the rules from the examples you left out, and maybe an example of how you would RP the situation yourself if you died...

KoS

Or maybe use a different word...they are very hardcore about one word changing the meaning of a sentence...

And I hope you don't take revenge on the people who didn't accept your application, because revenge would be bad in this case...Especially if you don't know who it was that denied your application that you would want to take revenge on...

Also, there is something you maybe shouldn't do...cough cough...

So if something went down with a friend of yours, and he was initiated on...It's too bad you can't do anything to help...unless if there was a way to help...like a very specific way, maybe even like a couple things that could let you help...and if there was, I am sure you would be careful to word it appropriately too!

Hope these, erm...hints...help...good luck! Also hope I am not missing anything...

The only thing you missed was adding some *winks winks* to your post :D

Thanks to both of you, I made a mistake when applying in the state I was (lack of sleep, too much excitment), I'll be extra careful on the words i'm using !

I'll work on it later in better conditions, thanks again for the hints, I'll post it again just to be sure before I post my application.

The thread can be closed.

• MVP

I'm glad you got the advice that you needed.

/solving