Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 11:43

How much are you and your character alike?

My character is nothing like me. I would say I have about 10% Mike Dugan in me lol. The only example I can give is, when mike thinks he's right, it's hard to change his mind. Same with me. How about you? How much is your real life persona like your characters?

• Sapphire

I basically play myself but with a Chernarussian accent and a more depressing less privileged lifestyle so probably about a good 70% like me.

Night and day.

My character is articulate, friendly, and confident, while I tend to be introverted, shy, and stumble over my words when I speak.

Sounds like your character has some solid qualities. Mike and your character would get along very well.

• Sapphire

We share a name, and very few details of backstory are in common but in all honesty he's very freeform at the moment as I haven't played enough recently to develop him as I'd like.

He's a younger me had I made a few different choices.

Night and day.

My character is articulate, friendly, and confident, while I tend to be introverted, shy, and stumble over my words when I speak.

Are you a text RPer?

Don't know how much I'm like my character, he's kinda complex like most human beings, I guess there are some traits in him that I have.

Mine is more about helping people rather than hurting them, cautious about the little things, has a bit of a speech impediment, and needs glasses, but doesn't always where them, etc. Some of these things just happen (like the speech impediment -_- ), but helping others is just generally the kind of person I am, and I want my character to be the same.

Well, I play a character that through the trauma he has experienced in his backstory as well as in game, developed non-inclusive multiple personality disorder. I really hope I don't have that, so I'm going to say only a bit. However, I have experienced trauma, just as we all have, and I draw upon alot of that when role playing the characters uniquely. I think I am neutral good in alignment, if I were to try to quantify how I make my choices.

John for example, has a few of my strengths. He is loyal, a bit boyish in his sense of the world and courage, hard working, and generous. He also has a few of my flaws: He is sometimes too trusting, he often misrepresents his intentions without careful use of his words, and he can be a bit uncompromising. He is lawful good in alignment.

One of his personalities, the Wolf of Light, is almost me and John's id completely personified. He is impulsive, aggressive, and dominant. Yet, even he can allow some brighter points to shine through the shadow, as he is also very generous, well-meaning, and good at his core. As to where John or I might hesitate in making a tough decision, however, the wolf can see things in faster absolutes (which sometimes I do, too). He is chaotic good in alignment.

Es1YQqS.png

• Emerald

Are you a text RPer?

I pretty much have to be. I could never immerse myself in my character if I used voice to RP.

Sound like one of my friends. She only does text rp and barely talks in ts, mostly typing.

Anyways my current character is somewhat similar to me, though he may talk a bit less and tries to follow people that he trust instead of leading them.....though sometimes its a bit hard for me to break the of habit of trying to lead people around. Also my character is a college student like myself but I changed his major into something that may be a bit more useful.

• Emerald

My character is me or just one side of my personality to an extreme.

• Sapphire

My character is 90% like me. I want to make the world a better place as I am a PMC hired by the UN to help keep the people safe. I can be mean in game, but it's usually if my character is in a mood, but he'll still help you. He's that guy who will keep you safe no matter what happens. He'll do his best to protect you.

Text RP is way easier for me, but I have to force myself if I want to better my english pronunciation. I RPed on a public server few hours ago and I found myself getting in persona more easily than I imagined via voice.

Same problem here. I am confident in my english when i'm typing something out, but my tongue gets twisted when i'm talking.

Thinking of practicing an accent so i can RP a foreigner (as in, a character whose first language isn't english, not a foreigner to Chernarus)

Text RP is way easier for me, but I have to force myself if I want to better my english pronunciation. I RPed on a public server few hours ago and I found myself getting in persona more easily than I imagined via voice.

Same problem here. I am confident in my english when i'm typing something out, but my tongue gets twisted when i'm talking.

Thinking of practicing an accent so i can RP a foreigner (as in, a character whose first language isn't english, not a foreigner to Chernarus)

Yeah, I'm RPing as a French to have an excuse for my huge accent (and insulting mean people in my native language :D). Hopefully I'll get better by practicing and won't have to repeat myself as much :3

Yeah, I'm RPing as a French to have an excuse for my huge accent (and insulting mean people in my native language :D). Hopefully I'll get better by practicing and won't have to repeat myself as much :3

You have it easy :P

French has a very distinct accent, Croatia... not so much.

When i try to use my accent, it sounds like i can't speak english. Russian falls to mind, it is kinda similar so i guess i will have to practice that.

Good luck :)

I'm new here and this is my first character so I've tried to keep it close to myself. He's just an exaggerated version. We're both photographers and we're both pretty easy going fun guys to be around. Much more likely to be helpful to a stranger than to be a bandit and harm them. He doesn't like to take any shit though and he does stand up for himself and others when threatened, much like myself. I try to keep it simple. I'm still new to serious RP. I don't do any accents or try to be a completely different person. I'm just letting this extension of myself develop through the RP in game and see where it takes me. So far so good.

I started as a simple survivor, but through in-game meetings and new allies I have become a trader, travelling the land and moving supplies. In real life I would probably be more likely to settle down somewhere and just try to get by. But that would be less fun for me from an RP standpoint (and game standpoint), so my character is a little more brave and restless, willing to travel and put himself at more risk. I'd say we're still at least 80% similar.

I think once I get a little more comfortable with everything here, and more confident in my RP, I may eventually branch out into something totally different. Time will tell.

• Sapphire

0%

I am not black, also not a rich gangster who sells slaves.

Couldn't be any more different if I tried,

John Henry James and the James family members were based off the film the assassination of jesse james with a bit of our own flavour, so you could say there is a bit of me in there but.... I'm not American (even tho I lived there) I'm not a bandit or ruffles bastard.

John Henry is everything in a bad day irl for me, a massive release playing him and by far the most loved of anything I have played here