Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:11

Bring back persistence?

Yokai

Persistence or no?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As annoying as the massive loot piles was... it's easy just to ignore when RP'ing.. like server crashes/restarts.

It would allow people have "markets," or stalls, again which I thought was a really cool thing. It would also allow a group to have a type of base. Tents, food, etc. It would also allow safe havens to .. actually provide something. Now they can't actually have a stockpile of food and medicine for when people show up.

I know the change was made recently, but I think it might have been a mistake.

Biggest argument I see against persistence are the loot piles and no heli crashes.

Loot piles - easy enough to RP around

Heli crashes - IMO, only enables super soldiers.

Let's not have to wait until the devs fix persistence please! Thanks, let me know what you guys think.

PS (also vehicle persistence coming up, but why wait until then)

• Sapphire

Rolle already had a say about this.

The only reason why it's disabled is server instability it causes, which is an even greater concern. When the stability issues are fixed, we will re-enable persistence. Not sooner, not later. Soon. :)

We will eventually see it.

The only reason why it's disabled is server instability it causes, which is an even greater concern. When the stability issues are fixed, we will re-enable persistence. Not sooner, not later. Soon. :)

There might a work around the instability. Does enabling persistence IMMEDIATELY cause instability? Or does it take a week or two to "build up?"

If so, just have a weekly or bi-weekly "wipe" in the sense you just clear all persistent items. Better than nothing.

• Sapphire

There might a work around the instability. Does enabling persistence IMMEDIATELY cause instability? Or does it take a week or two to "build up?"

If so, just have a weekly or bi-weekly "wipe" in the sense you just clear all persistent items. Better than nothing.

Had that.

Didn't work.

Its to do with persistence itself, not the loot.

Had that.

Didn't work.

Its to do with persistence itself, not the loot.

Oh, that really really sucks.

• Emerald

already a few of these threads with the same polls. Don't really thing we need another tbh.

• Sapphire

The DayZ team themselves have said that persistence will eventually become the norm anyway and not and opt in/opt out thing so its inevitable that it will be back at some point.

As for DayZRP Rolle has said that persistence will be enabled again once it has been improved to a point deemed acceptable.

To me there the ability to actually play far outweighs anything persistence currently offers

• Titanium