Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:50

Robbing players

elgiri

yes but you have to rp it

Ok thank you :)

Revenge for example, I'd say their stuff is alright as well, as long as you leave them with something and you actually need it

But I'm just another filthy bandit so...

• Emerald

For me, I don't mind any robbery as long as I'm left with the means to survive and the person robbing me provides good RP and by good RP I mean more than just handcuffing me and telling me to shutup while you sift through my pile of gear. If you're only doing this to survive then try to actually show in your characters speach and actions that you really don't want to be doing this or if you're a hardcore bandit or crazy bastard then take me away deep in the forest and scare me. In short, yeah rob people for whatever reason you want as long as you can commit to long and good RP afterwards. If you don't have the time roleplay to a good standard after a robbery, then don't rob someone

Revenge for example, I'd say their stuff is alright as well, as long as you leave them with something and you actually need it

But I'm just another filthy bandit so...

Bandit life is best life m9

• Sapphire

The robbery has to make sense in-character. You cannot rob people for the following reasons:

• You're bored.
  • You don't like the person.
  • The person refused to answer you when you spoke to them.
  • You're worried the person might try to rob you first.

You're allowed to rob them for their gear provided their gear is something you need. For example, you can rob someone if they're wearing a higher capacity vest or backpack than you, and you need the extra storage space.

Also, if you're security at a spot, like a trade post or a hangout, it's permissible to disarm someone if they're acting in a threatening manner. This is still technically a robbery, but it needs to be roleplayed out, and you should give them the option of putting their weapons away, leaving, calming down, etc. before you disarm them.

However, if you're toting around an AKM with a drum magazine, a high-capacity vest, a hunting backpack, and plenty of food and water, you have no reason to steal someone's double-barreled shotgun and ammo from them.

See, the thing is, you need to think realistically. If you have a group of five heavily-armed guys and you see a sole survivor armed with a shotgun and some civilian clothes, then you need to think of risk vs. reward. In real life, if you were to approach that person at gunpoint and demand something, they might panic, and they might pull a gun and shoot one of your guys. Now, you'll gun them down, sure, but now you're a man down. One of your team is dead, and for what? A double-barreled shotgun and a raincoat you didn't need?

And yes, by server rules, that person would be in trouble for NVFL in that instance, but it's still something that, realistically, your characters would need to consider when robbing someone. You need to treat every robbery, even a well-planned one, as a potentially deadly situation, and then ask yourself "Would my character risk their life for what that person is (or might be) carrying?"

Well, rob people to their gear only is Ruleplay over Roleplay, and it's a bannable offense, IF you don't provide any RP with it.

As long as you are talking with the robbed person, provide some nice RP both before, during, and after the robbery, and you avoid the "drop your weps, 10 secs" method and don't talk during checking what you need or not in his stuff... That can be okay.

• Sapphire

Well, rob people to their gear only is Ruleplay over Roleplay, and it's a bannable offense, IF you don't provide any RP with it.

As long as you are talking with the robbed person, provide some nice RP both before, during, and after the robbery, and you avoid the "drop your weps, 10 secs" method and don't talk during checking what you need or not in his stuff... That can be okay.

You're supposed to provide RP for any interaction, but you are allowed to rob someone only for what they're carrying if it's something you need. For example, if you're in the rain with only a t-shirt, you can rob someone because you want their raincoat, but you still need to provide RP in the process.

You're supposed to provide RP for any interaction, but you are allowed to rob someone only for what they're carrying if it's something you need. For example, if you're in the rain with only a t-shirt, you can rob someone because you want their raincoat, but you still need to provide RP in the process.

Yeah, sure. I wanted to say that robbing for the gear can be bannable because lots of players recently just paid attention to the characters' stuff, and completely forget the man who was carrying all of that, that's where I wanted to go with my explanation. Sorry if I'm a bit hard to understand sometimes. ^^'

• Emerald

Do you feel your question has been answered?

• Emerald

Marking as solved.

/solved

• MVP

Quick post before this is lost to the ages.

Other than robbing I have actually taken aside players that were trolling, taken off their stuff, piled it up, and asked them ICly why they were acting crazy. Also, if someone is acting suspicious in a way that could dangerous for me, I might initiate and pile their stuff up, and rp with them before giving it all back.

Hostilities don't always have to mean gear or firefights, even if you need something the other has. I find the encounters that allow me to be aggressive that make the guy on the other end think he is being robbed, and he ends up with having a great rp experience and keeping his stuff, maybe even a bonus for his troubles.

• Emerald

I have a little extra question for this if i may.

Lets say i robbed someone and dont need their gun so they can keep it, how do i then leave the ''crime scene'' without getting shot in the back ?

• Sapphire

Lets say i robbed someone and dont need their gun so they can keep it, how do i then leave the ''crime scene'' without getting shot in the back ?

You have them turn around and step so many feet away from the weapon, as soon as you are ready, bolt out of there. They now have the right to kill you. You can threaten them not to follow, that might work. But I think running away and getting as far as you can is the best option. Because, people don't like people that take their stuff.

My only thing to add to this is this is a roleplay server. Robbing somebody because you want their gun, or high cap vest is not something your character needs. 2vwzmnk.png Please keep that in mind and enjoy the server.

1. You can take all the ammo from them
  2. walk them to a shack, close the door, drop the gun and tell them you will be watching the door for a period of time, then hoof it in a direction that will not let them follow you, then observe from a hidden location so they don't go your way
  3. Make them go upstairs in a house, have them lay down, and tell them you will leave their weapon outside somewhere around the house, and they will have to find it. Then again hoof it.
  4. Or do none of the above and just make a new friend!

-answered-

• Emerald

My only thing to add to this is this is a roleplay server. Robbing somebody because you want their gun, or high cap vest is not something your character needs. 2vwzmnk.png Please keep that in mind and enjoy the server.

Yessir, i was simply wondering. At the moment i dont really need anything else that couldnt be traded or something like that, im not the type of guy who usually rob and are hostile and all that but who knows the day where i needed to rob might come, and ill better know what to do then :)

And thanks to you metalxtongue and you endgame for the ''options'' they sounds like they could work :)